Postman Delivers Sodden Package

Tango7

Arrived home today to have the guard tell me a soaking wet package had been delivered.

This package contained all my original qualifications, birth certificate, etc etc.

I had sent them to Australia for an immigration assessment and they'd sent them back after finishing with them.

THe parcel had clearly been on the back of a motorbike which had been caught in the rain and even though this was a special delivery, the Thai service still allowed it to get so wet that the contents are totally F@#$ed.

This is a public "Thanks" to the Thai postal service for screwing up such a simple job.

Now that I've thanked them, I'd like to follow up with a suggestion:

"Get a frickin' waterproof container for carrying mail. Or use a van"

Un-frickin' believable !! Bunch of dumb asses..

I have had contents of parcels crushed, to a degree. But not as bad as ever being destroyed by water.

You would have thought that papers would have been placed in a plastic covering, prior to them posting.

It could be a good idea to email them and suggest the idea in order to avoid any further problems. A plastic covering would not add any weight to the package, surely.

After taking redundancy from HM UK Government in 2003 I worked for a while for the Royal Mail.

When it rained or was due to rain during a delivery we lined our mail sacks with a large plastic bag.

Easy to do, very little added weight and kept the contents dry.

You would think that with the Thai economy so reliant on plastic bags of all shapes and sizes they would have the wit to think of similar.

I worked a long time ago with a guy from what was Rhodesia. The guy was the most non-racist bloke in the world. But he just said "mate, if the white folk were not running the country it would fall apart, they don't take care to maintain anything" , just comes down to basic common sense and lateral thinking.

Not saying the west has it in abundance, but I see a distinct lack of it over here.

Or is it that some people just can't be bothered to make the effort?

Ernest

Edited by ernest1966

Arrived home today to have the guard tell me a soaking wet package had been delivered.

This package contained all my original qualifications, birth certificate, etc etc.

I had sent them to Australia for an immigration assessment and they'd sent them back after finishing with them.

THe parcel had clearly been on the back of a motorbike which had been caught in the rain and even though this was a special delivery, the Thai service still allowed it to get so wet that the contents are totally F@#$ed.

This is a public "Thanks" to the Thai postal service for screwing up such a simple job.

Now that I've thanked them, I'd like to follow up with a suggestion:

"Get a frickin' waterproof container for carrying mail. Or use a van"

Un-frickin' believable !! Bunch of dumb asses..

Agreed. But may I suggest that next time you plan to use Fedex, and put a pre-paid return envelope in your original post. That way the waterproof Fedex envelope will more than pay for itself if it's raining. After a little while in LoS, you kinda try to figure out how they will screw things up, and try to take steps to counteract the screw-ups.

Best of luck with the replacement documents!