• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/13...cs_30100438.php

BLACK SONGKRAN

Opposition party wants urgent House meeting

By The Nation

The opposition Pheu Thai Party on Monday demanded that the government stop using force to crack down on the red-shirt protesters and instead convene an emergency House session to settle the ongoing political conflicts.

Pheu Thai leaders, including opposition chief whip Withaya Buranasiri and Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai, led party MPs in a press conference. The politicians had met to discuss the situation following clashes between security officials and protesters early in the morning.

The opposition party issued the following five-point demand:

1. The government must stop using force and violence against people.

2. A joint Parliament meeting must be convened urgently to find a way out of the country's deepening division.

3. Should the government ignore the two above demands, the Pheu Thai Party will mobilise more protesters into Bangkok.

4. The media must present neutral coverage as biased reports are dangerous. The party cannot accept the government's muzzling of information. It demands that the government allow the public to get two sides of the story.

5. Thais across the country, no matter what political colour they belong, must resort to peaceful solutions.

3. Should the government ignore the two above demands, the Pheu Thai Party will mobilise more protesters into Bangkok.

Pretty much definite proof that PTP is linked to the reds and now openly supports the insurgent forces in bangkok.

i find it soo funny that the reds shirts keep trying to dig their way out of a hole. In their thirst for power they have become the worst thing to ever happen to thailand in recent history.

The reds have

1. Openly said that they will harm the PM

2. Harmed the PM

3. Threatend to blow up the democrats HQ

4. Attacked members of the armed forces

5. Vandalized public property

6 Threatend to blow up 2 LPG trucks in residential neighbourhoods

Go reds ! what's next ?

If nobody died in the protests, if no live bullets were fired at the protesters, then how do you account for these pictures (which was taken in the wee hours of the morning ~3am)? Just because Thai TV and Thai newspapers do not report it?

See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GZBxWA_VtE

abhisit on cnn sounding very professional

Thaksin on BBC and he looks scared and even started to stutter.

Not to mention white in face

Abhisit answering every question competently, no stuttering, in perfect english. A total opposite to the previous Thaksin interview by the same reporter. He says by tonight everything will be contained to govt house.

I hope CNN can see through Thaksin's BS. He was hoping that some red shirts would die by now (I'm surprised he hasn't had his own people kill some yet) to forward his agenda.

Too bad Thaksin! The only thugs using live rounds are your red-shirted thugs! Shame on you!

doesn't matter whether he's charismatic or not (and he seems to be very charismatic)

bottom line is that he was the PM who allowed world leaders to come here resulting in airlifts for lack of protection (when he could have canceled the meetings on Thursday before they got here)...he'll never again be taken seriously by the world

between that and the fact that he was never on a ballot, he'll likely be a former PM in short order

all unfortunate, but how it goes i'm afraid

Residents near Soamanas Temple battle red-shirts

Dozens of people living near the Soamanus Temple armed themselves with guns and other weapons came out to battle the red-shirted protesters.

The people became angry after the protesters threw fire bombs and set fire to air-conditioned buses.

They shouted at the protesters to leave and some of the residents fired into the air.

Officials inside the Army head office announced through loudspeakers, urging the people to go back home and leave the authorities to handle the situation.

After the protesters and local residents exchanged fire, troops had to fire into the air to warn both sides to stop.

The Nation

-----

Red shirts again, fools, to think the public around them will allow this to go on. These stories and that youtube video of the sathorn intersection situation really prove that the people in and around Bangkok want nothing to do with them. And the stories continue to flow in of civilians rebelling against the reds.

UDD leader on AJE saying the violence is all due to Newin/Suthep/Abhisit and their plan to use "Blue Shirts".

This started the trouble in Pattaya and its rolled over.

Saying blood is all over Abhisits hands now, and he must resign.

Yesterday they were trying to take power by force, today they want peaceful resolution. How convenient.

One big job that I'm afraid Abhisit won't dare to take on is to dish out enough to the reds so that they never think about starting a revolution again.

No *fooling* around - arrest the leadersl, no bail, treason charges, toy around with maximum sentence to convey the seriousness of the situation.

Read democrats among the reds should find peaceful ways to air their problems, not revolutions. They have a party in parliament, they can take part in constitutional reform, they can propose some other "new politics", but no armed rebellions and threats to kill hundreds if not thousands of innocent people if they don't get their way.

doesn't matter whether he's charismatic or not (and he seems to be very charismatic)

bottom line is that he was the PM who allowed world leaders to come here resulting in airlifts for lack of protection (when he could have canceled the meetings on Thursday before they got here)...he'll never again be taken seriously by the world

between that and the fact that he was never on a ballot, he'll likely be a former PM in short order

all unfortunate, but how it goes i'm afraid

I would disagree with you there.

I think he showed a remarkable restraint and did try all possible to avoid military action.

And now that military has moved in, look at how reasonably peaceful they are doing the job.

If anything he should be praised! In his actions he showed the world WHO really Thaksin is and WHO his supporters are.

UDD leader on AJE saying the violence is all due to Newin/Suthep/Abhisit and their plan to use "Blue Shirts".

Waiting for you to show us a body levelhead.

I agree Abhisit seemed to be a lot professional than Thaksin in the two interview. Anwswered question confidently and directly unlike Thaksin. Also his first concern was law and order and to minimize loss of life. Thaksin is clearly behind all this

How embarassing watching Farang tourists think they are "hard" by running into the middle of the riots, shirtless thinking they are brave taking pictures on their phones.

What a bunch of bloody idiots!

Did you expect anything else from the tourist? especially in Thailand? LOL

Shirt off, was to get some tan while taking the pictures -LOL

levelhead-its over, the tides turn against your man

thickskin was battered by the interviewers on BBC and CNN

he came over as a bumbling old fool

the only way he is coming back to Thailand is in a box.

Levelhead, do you really believe what you write here?

You hope and push to find some dead red shirt. But sorry, the Army, on order by Abhisit, shot only training round, noisy and safe, showing a very good self control (until now).

So, your square bloody-red avatar is slowly fading in a better pink tone. :o:D :D

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/13...cs_30100438.php

BLACK SONGKRAN

Opposition party wants urgent House meeting

By The Nation

The opposition Pheu Thai Party on Monday demanded that the government stop using force to crack down on the red-shirt protesters and instead convene an emergency House session to settle the ongoing political conflicts.

Pheu Thai leaders, including opposition chief whip Withaya Buranasiri and Deputy House Speaker Apiwan Wiriyachai, led party MPs in a press conference. The politicians had met to discuss the situation following clashes between security officials and protesters early in the morning.

The opposition party issued the following five-point demand:

1. The government must stop using force and violence against people.

2. A joint Parliament meeting must be convened urgently to find a way out of the country's deepening division.

4. The media must present neutral coverage as biased reports are dangerous. The party cannot accept the government's muzzling of information. It demands that the government allow the public to get two sides of the story.

5. Thais across the country, no matter what political colour they belong, must resort to peaceful solutions.

Pretty much definite proof that PTP is linked to the reds and now openly supports the insurgent forces in bangkok.

i find it soo funny that the reds shirts keep trying to dig their way out of a hole. In their thirst for power they have become the worst thing to ever happen to thailand in recent history.

The reds have

1. Openly said that they will harm the PM

2. Harmed the PM

3. Threatend to blow up the democrats HQ

4. Attacked members of the armed forces

5. Vandalized public property

6 Threatend to blow up 2 LPG trucks in residential neighbourhoods

Go reds ! what's next ?

Some saying PTP should start the "Green Shirts" to come to Bangkok and demonstrate against Abhisit, Suthep, Newin, Blue Shirts, Use of Violence against civilians.

Perfect way for the PTP to make a statement and seperate from the ongoing Red shirts.

Regarding the lack of casualties reported:

About 5pm the local news showed an empty emergency ward at the hospital beside victory monument. There were a number stretchers set-up in the hallway leading from the front door and they were all empty. They did show one person arriving by ambulance but he was able to talk, and a room of about 5 people with injuries who were all moving and talking.

Throughout the entire day I've watched videos and reports from local media, international media, and personal videos posted on youtube. I've also read personal accounts on the internet. There's tons of reporters following the action everywhere.

Although we are under a state of emergency and the media can be controlled, I have not seen a single report of bodies or people getting shot and killed. The videos show most of the soldiers firing into the air. The one video that does show a number of soldiers behind a taxi firing with their guns level were firing at a bus that was rigged to come at them. There was no one at the wheel.

I've seen coverage of soldiers being attacked with molotov cocktails, liquid petroleum tankers, sticks, rocks, burning buses and remaining calm. I've also seen coverage of drivers being pulled from their cars and beaten and security forces remaining calm. Regardless of which side you are on, I think it's very obvious which side is using excessive force.

With all this, I have to conclude this is being done without deadly force. Hats off to all the security forces for an absolutely amazing job.

I just hope I haven't spoken too soon...

I kind of buy into the training round concept.

On BBC, there was a surge where troops fired hundreds (more like thousands) of rounds. But yet zero evidence of those rounds landing.

Even when rounds are fired in the air at 30 degrees, they have to hit somewhere...and no reports of damage in a dense city like BKK is bewildering at best with the amount of rounds fired.

Levelhead, do you really believe what you write here?

You hope and push to find some dead red shirt. But sorry, the Army, on order by Abhisit, shot only training round, noisy and safe, showing a very good self control (until now).

So, your square bloody-red avatar is slowly fading in a better pink tone. :o:D:D

I'm afraid that in the chaos the reds will kill off some of their own to "prove" what they're saying isn't the bald-faced lie that it is. Mark my words, by tomorrow, Thaksin will have his body (or bodies) but the blood will be on his hands, not Abhisit's.

Can anyone please post some links to Abhisit and Thaksin news interviews since i cant get it on the TV thanks

cnn.com live

Great is says "this product is not available in your service area" when i try to watch the live news :o

levelhead-its over, the tides turn against your man

thickskin was battered by the interviewers on BBC and CNN

he came over as a bumbling old fool

the only way he is coming back to Thailand is in a box.

Whats over ? The ideal of the Reds was to get rid of Abhisit.

He now has to take the blame for the humiliation of the ASEAN Summit. Oppostions MP's will rip him to pieces.

He now has to take the blame for all the violence in Bangkok, he was the PM, he is responsible. Opposition MP's will rip him to pieces.

The Reds protest is one thing, like the Yellows, but the PPP was dissolved by the court, not the Yellow. Abhisit will be got rid of by the Opposition, not the Reds.