Tanks Mobilised In Bangkok

george

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was caught misbehaving as a child and my father was about to lay down the law, I might, in hopes of a more lenient punishment, say my sister had done worse than me and why wasn't she being punished...My father would have no truck with such a lame arguments...as my mother said, "two wrongs, don't make a right."

It seems some of us in this forum try to excuse the barbaric actions of the "red shirts" by saying the "yellow shirts" did wrong things also.

This is the argument of child.

I have great sympathy for the poor naive members of the "red shirt" faction but do not condone the violence perpetuated by some lunatics in their midst. Nor, do I excuse the actions of the "yellow shirts."

I do notice that the majority of the violent behavior exhibited by these two groups comes from the Pro-Thaksin folks...rioting at a University meeting in Chiang Mai, slapping down opponents at Siam Square while police watched...and now the Asean debacle and the Bangkok mess.

Hopefully, calm heads will prevail and stop any tit for tat nonsense and try to bring some sort of postitive end to this...The long neglected farmers and poor must have a voice in this society and the old established power stuctures need to be revised.

I agree with the cutting of the satellite feed that allows Thaksin to inflame his followers...It is such a shame that the legitimate grievances of the poor have become intertwined with Thaksin.

Hope all are in and will remain in good health and fortune

Craig

Yeah.

The reds smashed up cars and assorted other property WAY before the army was anywhere in sight. The army was called after the Pattaya fiasco (where the police, as so often, utterly failed to do their job).

The reds, as opposed to the yellows, were violent very much from the day they first appeared.

But then, they have an offshore paymaster who TELLS THEM TO BE VIOLENT and pays for execution of his commands, this is something the yellows didn't have (instead they were urged to stay calm and peaceful).

Regards....

Thanh (who's going on the road-trip back to Bangkok now, with the hope to reach there in one piece and with undamaged truck!)

Well the Yellows have an onshore paymaster don't they ? What's the difference ?

Strangely, when the red shirts roam the streets, you get all of the above..... which should tell a lot, but then there's people who still don't understand the difference between a molotow cocktail and a hand clapper.

I'm neutral, I see both Red and Yellow have a gun and are firing them at people. There are pictures of them, and Thaivisa forum people even posted them, how funny the yellow have never been taken up on the law.

And, once and for all, stop hiding behind the "airport" excuse. The PAD did never "take over" the airport. They went to the airport to protest, and the airport personnel symphatized with them (as did MANY public organizations!) and simply halted all operations. Nobody forced a single airport worker to stop performing their duty.

That's what my close friend said as well, but it's funny though, let's say I wanted to go to Kuala Lumpur and found the airport (some outside, some inside) to be full of 10,000 protesters, I'd just switch to stop at Penang instead.

Oh let's not forget the impact it does to the businessmen and tourists, all cargo halted and so on. If you want to mob the airport in peace, why not mob about 100 metres outside the airport instead of right under the airport's roof? Didnt some of the PAD even halted flights by running around the airfield and taking over the control tower?

Want or not, for safety, the authority of the airport 'have' to stop their operations. I still hear complains of this topic from the people who were directly affected.

I couldnt explain it well, but I'm sure you have more than enough sense to translate what I meant.

If the reds would have gone to the airport it would by now be thrashed and up in flames. The PAD even cleaned it before they left!

Agreed, but I feel that attacking Royal Cliff Beach makes almost no difference compared to how PAD mobbed the airport.

Generally, I'm to say, Thanh-BKK, you're a PAD supporter, I have no reason to change the faith of what you believed in and I hope you dont spread one sided propaganda around.

I'm neutral, I see the pro and cons of both yellow and red, and I'd say, both parties creates more bad things than good things. I'm sure many other Thaivisa forumers are also neutral and hates this yellow-red matches.

So please, no more double standard, drag Thaksin and all violent red shirts together with all the PAD leaders and every violent yellows up to the court, and give them the punishment they deserve.

PS: though I dont think yellows will get anything else other than fame, and they'll be written in history as, "Hero".

Edited by Seizhin

Strangely, when the red shirts roam the streets, you get all of the above..... which should tell a lot, but then there's people who still don't understand the difference between a molotow cocktail and a hand clapper.

Handclapper? Does that thing below looks like a handclapper? The mantra that the PAD was/is non-violent is propaganda.

post-34951-1239785936_thumb.jpg

Vibavadee Soi 3 incident on 25 November 2008.

The PAD did never "take over" the airport. They went to the airport to protest, and the airport personnel symphatized with them (as did MANY public organizations!) and simply halted all operations. Nobody forced a single airport worker to stop performing their duty.

If the reds would have gone to the airport it would by now be thrashed and up in flames. The PAD even cleaned it before they left!

Regards....

Thanh

Their presence at the airport(s) disrupted operations which led to the cancellation of all flights. So they might as well have taken it over. I fail to see your point.

I don't know what condition the airports were in, but the Government House was a different story altogether. The PAD ransacked and totally wrecked the place. They looted and destroyed everything that was of any value. The worst part was the discovery of 'feces' painted on the walls inside many offices within the complex. Wow, some good house cleaning the PAD did there...

The PAD leaders should be in prison. Yes, this also includes Foreign Minister Kasit, that cockroach. The UDD is no exception; those leaders responsible for inciting violence should also be put behind bars.

I was there, PAD did not wreck anything beside the grass and flowers on the front side.

Before they left it, they walked everywhere with the Manager of the government house and the police, made pictures and got the official signature that inside is nothing damaged.

funny enough a few days later there was huge damage.

The courts will clear what is true

At the garden I saw myself that everything is in order, some things were even wrapped in plastic foil so they can't be touched (I recall the old canon there was) Most grass areas were not allowed to enter.