An Oasis On Sukhumvit

sajope

Found a true oasis on sukhumvit soi 33 called Livingstone's.

They have a great steak house with both imported and local beef, and also serve some african dishes. I tried the Nile Perch in Cilantro Chutney and a buddy had the imported rib-eye steak. The food was prepared to poerfection and all this while sitting around a swimming pool (empty at the time,but should be filled with water by now). There is also a bar in the back with a pooltable and a few cuties. After spending 3 hours of good food and fun it was time to close down when tha staff showed me the next surprise. In another corner of the building they have a great thai restaurant with live guitar music and the good news for all (except my boss) is that the place keeps open long after all others have closed. We didn't get out of there before 5 am and had great company with a bunch of the regular customers and one of the owners by the name of Peter.

Don't miss out on this place. Highly reccomended. :o

This sounds like the revamped South African-themed restaurant (Timbevati or something like that?) that was so bitterly criticized a few months ago.

I never tried timbevati or something like that, but yes I think you are right and I understand that there are new owners and new management.

Anyone tried "Cabbages and Condoms" ? (that's the real name!) off Sukhumvit low nrs. Fantastic tranquil garden and also airco restaurant.

Superb.

LaoPo

Excellent food there and a beautiful setting with the lights in the trees and waterfall. Sukhumvit could be a million miles away, apart from the fellas with their bar-fines for the evening. Still I enjoy eating there and listening to the pigeon conversations.

Have noted LIVINGSTONES. Sounds good? What's the average price for a meal?

What's the hoo-hah about "self-promotion" if somebody happens to be doing that on a public forum - good luck to any farang that starts a business in BKK and wants to get the message out :o

Well, if they want to promote themselves they can post it in one of the two advertising sections or there's this new thing called purchasing advertising. Why would anyone buy advertising if it were free?

Spammers are just cheap lazy people who want something for nothing. The reason people's email boxes get clogged with junk is because of the exact kind of people who you are making excuses for. :o

cv

Anyone tried "Cabbages and Condoms" ? (that's the real name!) off Sukhumvit low nrs. Fantastic tranquil garden and also airco restaurant.

Superb.

LaoPo

Hi,

To each his own, been there 3 times, 3 times highly dissapointed.

Nice environment, very average food, <deleted> service, and expensive...... YMMV

just my 2 satang

Superb.

LaoPo

It was always a popular "chop house" for tit lads on their Fly-Thai-Take-away wives 10 days (looking for a T bride) jaunts.

One block I remember arranged and planned his whole intinery for 2 dates a day/every day for over a week and took all of his potential "intended" there for lunch/dinner and always ordered exactly the same food plus a coke.

It (C&C) after all was and of course still is considered a respectable and "safe" joint to entertain in public your non BG fian-cees..innit :D:D

Always wondered what the staff must have thought but then with the number on the jollys... :o probabally not a lot.

This particular guy in question ended up on his 2-3rd last night with yours trully trolling around Soi C-boy and the last I ever saw of him was when he came rolling out of the Shadow bar with a couple of tootsies (with thanks-aka crazy Jack)jumped into a tuk-tuk (10bt) and vanished back in the direction of the Honey. :D

Never ever saw him again..................wonder what?............ :D:D

Livingston's.....yep I walked around the 'complex' the other night.

Its like the 'tardis' (spelling) from Dr Who.....small entrance and then opens up. I was pi55ed and suffering Heineken poisoning when I did my inspection. For sure I will go back and investigate properly.

Superb.

LaoPo

I go there quite often. Service? Well, don't complain about but...

Food? Just average and chiefly for farang taste, who seem to be the main clients.

Garden setting, I agree is nice and don't forget the little condoms you get for each guest i.o. pepermints. :o

I went there once and was told by the Norweigen bar manager that he was in-fact the new owner. He wouldn't leave us alone the entire time we were there. Probably because we were the only customers.

The only appealing thing is the late drinking hours - otherwise, very average.

Edited by Marmite the Dog