Is It Just Me

rickshaw92

In the case of KSR, def look stupid, thai guy wearing it to chop coconut tree, or knocking around your property, very comfortable & practical. :o

And agree with Brit, compared to speedo bum crack, much rather see the sarong :D

Considering what some goobers do on KSR and elsewhere in Thailand, the sarong is the least of the silliness. :D

They don't seem so out of place near the beach or something, but I don't know how anyone could feel comfortable walking around the city in them.

Oh, and anyone who can wear a heavy wool kilt during a humid bangkok summer is too tough to risk ridiculing. :o

cv

Considering what some goobers do on KSR and elsewhere in Thailand, the sarong is the least of the silliness.  :D

They don't seem so out of place near the beach or something, but I don't know how anyone could feel comfortable walking around the city in them.

Oh, and anyone who can wear a heavy wool kilt during a humid bangkok summer is too tough to risk ridiculing.  :D

cv

You might be right about the kilt, but i'm told it's all to do with the natural air conditioning :o

Farang men look ridiculous in sarongs. Thai men look fine in a pahkama.

Just somebody tell my brother-in-law to wear the pahkama and not his towel when walking around? I fear global chaos if that towel were to come off! :o

Edited by sbk

Hmmm gotta go with what boo said about rather see a sorong than a bum crack, but be aware guys you just do not have the decorum to pull off wearing skirts, as pictured below!

Shola, image removed as it show nudity. I will see what other admin/mods think and if it ok I will put it back.

post-8602-1106950510.jpg

Edited by tukyleith

How about our gaelic friends in their kilts or our pacific cousins in their lava lava :D

Considering what some goobers do on KSR and elsewhere in Thailand, the sarong is the least of the silliness.  :D

Oh, and anyone who can wear a heavy wool kilt during a humid bangkok summer is too tough to risk ridiculing.  :D

cv

cv

You might be right about the kilt, but i'm told it's all to do with the natural air conditioning :o

Have any of you ever tried wearing a kilt? I have just got mine delivered this morning from Scotland. Great to wear it. Really comfortable and not hot due to the fact you should never wear underwear under a kilt. Also cv. Kilts come in different weights. Mine is about medium. So still cool enough for here.