Udd Leaders End Protest

lopburi3

Listen my friend. If Thaksin ruined the Issan people so much financially, why are they protesting for the return of him in power. Yes, I know Thaksin is not a corrupt free man but his crime is being commited everyday by Thai politicians. He is a billionaire, so that is why it is more obvious. He cares about the poor unlike PAD. I hope the new PM ends all corruption and reforms Thailand, but I doubt it.

I don't know where you live in Thailand, but one of the main reason for the rural people to have Thaksin back is because they hope that he will void their loans and give new ones.

Secondly they think that all his so called free loans and populist stunts came out of his own pocket.

The people of isan needs reforming of agriculture as starters and a better education for their children , Abhisit start do that already with his free education plan.

Are you realy so badly informed about Isan?

People in Isan don't need hand outs but social reforms and Abhisit promised to do that; So give him a change and the time to prove his promises.

And leave the Thaksin era behind you, because that man is history, and he know its, tha's why he let his family flee the country while he urge the poor people from Isan to bring their children to fight his battle; Indeed a dispiccable man urge the poor to give their life for regaining his assets.

I realy don't understand that intelligent people still defending him

educated doesn't necessarily means intelligence. knowledge is wisdom.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you live in Thailand, but one of the main reason for the rural people to have Thaksin back is because they hope that he will void their loans and give new ones.

Secondly they think that all his so called free loans and populist stunts came out of his own pocket.

The people of isan needs reforming of agriculture as starters and a better education for their children , Abhisit start do that already with his free education plan.

right on, bro. Money is at the root of these troubled times for Thailand. I interact with the poor farmers in the North, and their thinking is probably little different than the poor farmers of Issan in the NE.

Thaksin was a master at taking gov't money and feeding it to village heads of villages that support him and getting everyone to think it was his T's own money. It's entirely possible that much of that money stemmed from lottery funds, and it's no surprise that, at the time, Thaksin headed the 3-man committee that oversaw that multi-billion baht revenue.

How to get rural poor to see the light about the mega-thief/liar who appears (to them) as a savior? I don't know. It would be about as hard as convincing Christians that Jesus was born from human parents.

Saw pictures last night on TV about the arrest from the red shirt leaders.

Can't help myself. Everybody seemed to smile and joking.

Looked more like a VIP treatment rather than an arrest.

"Please Sir, would you mind to sit in our air conditioned car so we can drive you to your air conditioned cell..." Looked to me like "the deal was done already".

Police laughed, the leaders laughed and in the press was mentioned already "they will soon be free on bail". And then the spoof will start again. Telling the "rural and poor folks the story about their red hero, who was unfairly treated, had to run away because he didn't receive justice and had to fear for his life..."

And now the dear red leader became the target of unfair treatment again. So folks, get out again and rescue him. This time we will pay you 1000 Baht per day...

I trust.... this will happen sooner or later! No I am not paranoid! This morning I received a call from Warin. Some arriving reds got a "heroes welcome"!

They mentioned it's the foreigners who done bad to their hero. The press showed their red Fuhrer always as an evil man, but he isn't".

So who is now to blame? I am sure such welcome has not only happened in Warin...

My opinion - the "game" isn't over yet!

Edited by webfact

And leave the Thaksin era behind you, because that man is history, and he know its, tha's why he let his family flee the country while he urge the poor people from Isan to bring their children to fight his battle; Indeed a dispiccable man urge the poor to give their life for regaining his assets.

I realy don't understand that intelligent people still defending him

They're not.

Not intelligent or not defending him? 555555! I suspect the former more than the latter.

I'm a Abhisit fan from the first day, and a suporter of the PAD. But may I urge you to stop insulting the population of Isan with your denigrating racists remarks. Such remarks only show a lack of education (this is an understatement)

Henryalleman, Are you Flemish?

Then it might help to see the movie "Priester Daems"

Facts in Flanders circa 1900.

Seems to me the PAD is marching backwards in time towards those years where they could rule the working classes.

(keep them poor and dumb) :o

How to get rural poor to see the light about the mega-thief/liar who appears (to them) as a savior? I don't know. It would be about as hard as convincing Christians that Jesus was born from human parents.

I try this every day without success (explaining who was the mega thief that is)

Might run into a divorce one of these days :o

This was a massive victory for Thaksin whichever way you look at it.

The groundswell of foreign public opinion is overwhelmingly on his side now.

:o

Really?... US condemns Thai violence by pro-Thaksin protests

You do understand the difference between public opinion and statements by the US State Department?

Out of all of my "foreign friends" not one supports Thaksin and they are all bewildered as to how the Thai people can support such a lunatic.

Waerth

Out of all of my "foreign friends" not one supports Thaksin and they are all bewildered as to how the Thai people can support such a lunatic.

Waerth

Maybe your "friends" have learnt what topics to avoid?

Maybe it is time for some posters here to start to Assume Good Faith and not think that everyone else is lying .... that would clear up a lot of the problems on this board.

Waerth

I try this every day without success (explaining who was the mega thief that is)

Might run into a divorce one of these days :o

I think people just need to understand what motivates the rural population. If the government was smart, they'd digitally manipulate some of those recent satellite videos, and show Thaksin making a speech that said he was going to outlaw cock fighting in the villages, and crack down on anyone brewing sato. That, and maybe increase the taxes on fertilizer. Be creative. I'm sure they can think of something. Then they'd play those manipulated videos over and over on TV during commercial breaks on the nightly soap operas so everyone would watch it.

No reason it couldn't be done if you pay for advertising time. Yes, Thaksin could sue for defamation. So what? Let him come back to appear in person as the plaintiff. I'd like to watch the spectacle.

Some subterfuge is definitely in order if you want to harm the man's influence. And why not? Lying and duplicity has always been a part of politics since before people even knew what politics was.

Henryalleman, Are you Flemish?

Then it might help to see the movie "Priester Daems"

Facts in Flanders circa 1900.

Seems to me the PAD is marching backwards in time towards those years where they could rule the working classes.

(keep them poor and dumb) :o

[/quote/

Yes, I am, and proud of it, and yes I saw the movie. But you can't compare Aalst 1900 with Isan 2009, simply because urban poverty in a cold country is ten times worse than poverty in a rural area in a warm country. I don't think in Isan somebody will die because of hunger.

And despite all social welfare there is still extreme poverty like 1900 Aalst in belgium( Borinage)

Besides all the above I strongly believe that the present PM is genuine in his concerns for the rural population,but this is along term plan. If somebody expect this can be dun in few years they are mistaken. Improving the rural areas will take 2 or 3 generations, anybody think different is not realistic. And its all start with education, education and education. Because the only solution for improving the rural areas is the Hi-Tech industry who can provide well paid jobs, but this is impossible because they can't find skilled workers for that. Also a total transformation of agriculture, because till now 48% of the Thai workforce is working in agriculture but this sector only contribute 12% of the BNP.

So this sector must be modernized but for that you must have again educated people who can implement new technology and farming improvements.

So IMHO handouts like so called free loans is useless and are not the solution, but massive capital injections to modernize the whole agriculture, so Thailand will not only export rice but more profitable products. But to do that they must meet the international standards of quality and food safety.

This moment there is a boom in the meat aggro business, the prices are rising, because due to the better living conditions there is an high demand by people in the development countries. Well where is the meat industry in Thailand, who can deliver high quality beef who meet the international food safety standards. What they can do for chicken products(Thailand is one of the biggest chicken products exporters in the world), they can do for beef and fishing products.

And again you can only reach that by education, so the farmers are willing to break whit the mental lethargy.

Small example.

Last year I visited friends who had a rice farm in Nong Saen(the rice center in Thailand). The paddy fields where so dry that the earth was broken. They had a pond full of water and the pumps and pipes to distribute the water. I asked them why you don't pump water in the fields, There answer was staggering, not yet dry enough and anyhow one of this day's the King will send rainmaking airplanes. And they continued to drink there Mekong and Singha in a food stall near the road with their friends.

This my friend is also Isan. So don't put all the blame on the rich in Bangkok.

The Thaksin administration had 8 years to start up such reforms, but no he prefered to give so called free loans who put them deeper in debt, and sold there land to Arab investors and let them spend their money for cell phones and satelite dishes so he could make a profit again.

(keep them poor and dumb) :D

is exactly what Thaksin did, sorry don't keep them poor , but made them poorer.

Oh I do hate that despicable man for his crimes against the poor and ignorant. I don't ven care his corruption, but his crimes against the rural population I can't forgive, I think in next life he will come back as an cockroach.

Besides all the above I strongly believe that the present PM is genuine in his concerns for the rural population,but this is along term plan. If somebody expect this can be dun in few years they are mistaken. Improving the rural areas will take 2 or 3 generations, anybody think different is not realistic. And its all start with education, education and education.....

Last year I visited friends who had a rice farm in Nong Saen(the rice center in Thailand). The paddy fields where so dry that the earth was broken. They had a pond full of water and the pumps and pipes to distribute the water. I asked them why you don't pump water in the fields, There answer was staggering, not yet dry enough and anyhow one of this day's the King will send rainmaking airplanes. And they continued to drink there Mekong and Singha in a food stall near the road with their friends.

This my friend is also Isan. So don't put all the blame on the rich in Bangkok.

I'm just replying to these points of yours. You're right it is a long-term project, but you don't seem to know it has been going on since the reign of Rama VI. I live in Isan and know a farmer from Michigan who is farming here, and like you, thought his Isan neighbors were dumb. He has since found out they know their land a lot better than he does, and, while they all still have a lot to learn, his learning curve was steeper than theirs. I put the blame on the rich in Bangkok, and on the farang community, for not knowing what is really what out here.

I suppose all the red shirts going home will spread the truth as they saw it..... not as the news black-out lied....... that hundreds of protesters were killed....and their bodies removed by the military.... getting more like Burma every day

I suppose all the red shirts going home will spread the truth as they saw it..... not as the news black-out lied....... that hundreds of protesters were killed....and their bodies removed by the military.... getting more like Burma every day

How silly do you sound?

There were international journalists all over the area during the riots. The only people that attempted to get rid of them where - the red shirts.

Lol on the payroll are ya? Make up any dam_n thing ya like eh? Hey I'm the first to think horrible thoughts of the Thai military and police, THE FIRST. I am fully informed on recent Thai history (1973, 1976, 1992, 2004) and know just what kind of evil can be propagated by this country, acts that belong in a B horror movie that are actually true and done by people that feel no guilt and no one is ever held accountable for the horror. I know all about it, but even I don't think there is a massive cover up to kill and hide hundreds of red shirts... just outrageous propaganda. hel_l the red shirts went and killed a vendor at the market that spoke out against them (or 2?) and they tried to spin it to look like the military killed a red shirt.... evil lies. Murder and then blame it on someone else and try to get sympathy... animals.

It's quite disgusting the contempt for the rural poor shown on Thai Visa sometimes.

And those "miserable little villages" are the foundation on which modern Thailand is built, and so it seems will be what causes it to fall.

That is precisely what will doom those educated fools.

They are blind and deaf to the needs of 90% of Thai people.

They have been fed at the trough of corruption and cronyism since they were born , and in any other country they would barely make it above the poverty line on their own merits.

Absolutely agree, not that I like Thaksin that much but he is the only one to have passed on anything like a better standard of living for the poor. At least it shows an understanding of where the backbone of the real Thailand is.

Those that scoff at Issan farmers etc should try a day of it. Most would not last till lunchtime.

As far as common sense is concerned who said being uneducated had a monopoly on being stupid ? I continue to see many examples from those so called elite, educated, lazy, people of how not to use your brains

This is indeed another round in a long battle of which there will be many over the coming years. An era is slowly but surely coming to an end. Those who cannot see that should perhaps look a little deeper.

It's all there like pieces on a chess board for those that are curious.

It's quite disgusting the contempt for the rural poor shown on Thai Visa sometimes.

And those "miserable little villages" are the foundation on which modern Thailand is built, and so it seems will be what causes it to fall.

They have been fed at the trough of corruption and cronyism since they were born , and in any other country they would barely make it above the poverty line on their own merits.

Absolutely agree, not that I like Thaksin that much but he is the only one to have passed on anything like a better standard of living for the poor. At least it shows an understanding of where the backbone of the real Thailand is.

Those that scoff at Issan farmers etc should try a day of it. Most would not last till lunchtime.

As far as common sense is concerned who said being uneducated had a monopoly on being stupid ? I continue to see many examples from those so called elite, educated, lazy, people of how not to use your brains

This is indeed another round in a long battle of which there will be many over the coming years. An era is slowly but surely coming to an end. Those who cannot see that should perhaps look a little deeper.

I lasted until about 2pm. Nothing could prepare me for the hangover that followed....

I'll get my coat.

I lasted until about 2pm. Nothing could prepare me for the hangover that followed....

I'll get my coat.

Nice one Insight.

My Moo Ban has several of these " poor and inactive farmers, ( both groups ) who are in a constant state of over endulgence.

The various local officials of the upper level now own most of their land !!!!!!!

Most are supporters of Thaksin and work hand in glove to make sure he and his coherts are ( were ) elected by illegal means commonly know as vote buying.

A baht in the farmers pocket is worth much, much more to these unprincipled vultures.

If only they could see the light at the end of the tunnel

One day, one day, i sadly think not.

Thank you

Edited by sheff_mick

How silly do you sound?

There were international journalists all over the area during the riots. The only people that attempted to get rid of them where - the red shirts.

Maybe it sounds silly at this point in time as we are in a state of emegency and you will only read and see what the government wants.

Yes I am suprised that international journalists have not witnessed any mass clear up of bodies, maybe there are'nt any.

But, reading the Thai print newspapers, that remember are under reporting restrictions, they are questioning the death figures.

They have also reported that allegedly, some red leaders have footage, some from mobile phones that were taken from demonstrators during the riots.

This can only be released after the state of emergency comes to an end.

Have someone read the news to you from Thai print newspapers where some of the publishers views are similar to views on here that have been laught at.

I hope this is not true because I don't want to see deaths on either side.

But time will tell, or not. TIT!

How silly do you sound?

Maybe it sounds silly at this point in time as we are in a state of emegency and you will only read and see what the government wants.

Yes I am suprised that international journalists have not witnessed any mass clear up of bodies, maybe there are'nt any.

But, reading the Thai print newspapers, that remember are under reporting restrictions, they are questioning the death figures.

They have also reported that allegedly, some red leaders have footage, some from mobile phones that were taken from demonstrators during the riots.

This can only be released after the state of emergency comes to an end.

Have someone read the news to you from Thai print newspapers where some of the publishers views are similar to views on here that have been laught at.

I hope this is not true because I don't want to see deaths on either side.

But time will tell, or not. TIT!

I believe some international PR firms unaffected by the Thailand State Of Emergency are literally begging for this type of evidence. Have they tried forwarding it on to them?

I believe some international PR firms unaffected by the Thailand State Of Emergency are literally begging for this type of evidence. Have they tried forwarding it on to them?

agree, Internet working, if there would be something it would have been sent outside Thailand.

Emergency law does not effect BBC, CNN etc etc

agree, Internet working, if there would be something it would have been sent outside Thailand.

Emergency law does not effect BBC, CNN etc etc

I agree, if there were such images they would have been accross the web.

My point was, Thai print newspapers are airing their opinions on similar points. So the post was not so laughable, just someone's point of view.

Just heard on the Thai News that the Red Shirt leaders are being held by the Army and not the Police, apparently too many of them have friends in the Police or are even Policemen.

That's a good idea.

Just heard on the Thai News that the Red Shirt leaders are being held by the Army and not the Police, apparently too many of them have friends in the Police or are even Policemen.

I heard the same thing on tv just now.

I heard the same thing on tv just now.

this old news:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...oved-and-detain

Three Red-shirt leaders have been moved and detained separately

Police have moved the three Red-shirt protest leaders, Veera Musigapong, Natthawut Saikua and Dr Weng Tochirakarn from the Metropolitan Police Bureau headquarters where they had been interrogated by police since around 11.30pm on Monday. They have been detained separately.

Veera has been detained at Patrol Police Region 1 in Pathum Thani province and Natthawut has been sent to Naresuan military camp in Prachuab Khiri Khan province. Dr Weng has been sent to Kanchanaburi's Patrol Police 13.

Despite their request to remain at the Metropolitan Police Bureau until they were granted bail, the police have moved the three and detained them separately. The police said they have already informed the three's relatives.

The three surrendered on Monday afternoon and had been interrogated by police and have been awaiting for granted bail on Wednesday April 16.

end quote

so they told already in one case the same a day or 2 ago.

reason of edit: "end quote" and improve english

Edited by h90