Can Foreigner Open A Baht Account In Bangkok?

Can foreigner open a baht account in the major banks in bangkok? which one? what sort of documents are required?

The Law say : "NO"

Kaisakorn Bank and some Bangkok Banks say : "OK"

Bring your passport and and address where you stay in the area of the bank. They need no proof of the address, just have an address handy, like the house or room you rent.

Kaisakorns and Bangkok Bank card can be used overseas. I have used mine in Vietnam and Europe. They did not work in Laos.

Only Kaisakorns Card can be used for online shopping as this card has the little numbers on the reveres side. Bangkok Bank card do not.

You need an opening balance of some 10.000 Thb. Tell you need the account for some money transfer from you home country, they like that.

uhh huh !!!! and what law would that be your quoting ??

about 15-20 years ago, the bankof Thailand required foreigners who wanted to open bank accounts toh have a WP,, that is no longer the case and has not been for some years..

I have said before that I have opened a Kasikorn savings account with just a passport, no certified copies, no referrals from employer, I am retired so don't have a work permit, and no letter from my Auntie Lil.

Seconded. :D

Thirded :)