Extended Stay - Thong Lo Area?

NorthShore

I'm thinking of an extended stay in BKK (six months to a year). and just starting to research potential areas to rent a condo. I've read that the Thong Lo area is the most popular expatriate residential area.

I'd like to do some volunteer work (20 hrs per week) and use the rest of the time to explore the city, learn the language and enjoy a little nightlife. Loooking for some recommendations about the general area to stay in and perhaps specific apartment complexes.

Looking to rent a one or two bedroom place with an on-site swimming pool and gym. I'd like to have access to a park to jog and ride a bike, and easy access to some pubs and moderately priced restaurants. I thought it might be best to locate near a skytrain station since i will not have a car.

Is 35K realistic for a comfortable, secure place to include rent, electric, water, and cable?

I'm thinking of an extended stay in BKK (six months to a year). and just starting to research potential areas to rent a condo. I've read that the Thong Lo area is the most popular expatriate residential area.

I'd like to do some volunteer work (20 hrs per week) and use the rest of the time to explore the city, learn the language and enjoy a little nightlife. Loooking for some recommendations about the general area to stay in and perhaps specific apartment complexes.

Looking to rent a one or two bedroom place with an on-site swimming pool and gym. I'd like to have access to a park to jog and ride a bike, and easy access to some pubs and moderately priced restaurants. I thought it might be best to locate near a skytrain station since i will not have a car.

Is 35K realistic for a comfortable, secure place to include rent, electric, water, and cable?

Have you checked the many condo rental websites. Do a Google search for "Thong Lor" + condo rental.

I may be wrong, but you might want to check if you will be allowed to do volunteer work without a work permit.

Thinglor is nice if you do not have a car. (Even if you do - you just wont use it so much) Pleanty of local ameneties. We can walk to anything, unlike friends who live down sleepy soi's. Which is nice too, but we like being able to eat, masage, get coffee, anytime in 2 minutes walk.

thonglor's a lovely area lived there myself for a couple of years yeah there's ome good bars and pubs the restaraunts might be a bit upper endish now but ekkamai is just through the side soi's and there its cheap and of course the bts is just at the top of thonglor rd, so go for it mate you won't regret living there also if you get into any trouble or need help for anything i found tl police station to have possibly the most helpfull cops in thailand !!!