Martial Arts Training Schools Pattaya

actiondell4

I am coming to Pattaya soon for 2 months and would like to learn some martial arts.

I realise that you cant learn it in 2 months however i would love to learn basics.

IS there any full time schools in Pattaya?

I heard there is a Israeli martial arts in Pattaya called Krav Maga which is appaently great for street self defence.

Anyone have info or websites on schools in Pattaya?

Im currently training in Shotokan Karate last 3 months,however im not sure its that good for street self defence.

Being middle aged it keeps me fit and hopefully will protect me.

Im not sure exactly WHAT is the best martial art to learn to protect yourself,my workmates say boxing is the best fighting to learn.

I would like to try to arrange some private lessons if i could also.

Edited by actiondell4

Im not sure exactly WHAT is the best martial art to learn to protect yourself,my workmates say boxing is the best fighting to learn.

The best thing about boxing is that you get used to being hit - and hit hard - where many martial arts are not full contact. Personally, I rather concentrate on something like Ju Jitsu, with lots of grappling, and experiment with boxing on the side to learn to give and take a punch correctly.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I am coming to Pattaya soon for 2 months and would like to learn some martial arts.

I realise that you cant learn it in 2 months however i would love to learn basics.

I heard there is a Israeli martial arts in Pattaya called Krav Maga which is appaently great for street self defence.

Im currently training in Shotokan Karate last 3 months,however im not sure its that good for street self defence.

Siploteck on third road is one of the best and oldest, it's run by a dutch guy :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi actiondell

Learning a specific BASIC technique in 2 month time is possible but I doubt that anyone would be able to learn a martial art in 2 month.

I'd been training Shotokan Karate & Taekwondo in my younger years but was unable to make any dan grading due to an injury during a soccer game.

Very much later I started to train Aikido and found that, besides of ThaiChi, I'm able to practice martial arts without risking my knee to pop out again.

These days I'm instructing Aikido with the support of my previouse senseis, who are living in BKK & Chinagmai now.

Here's a link to our web www.aikido-pattaya.com

Since you asked, which martial art is best, I will write the same thing that other good martial art instructor would say:

There isn't any martial arts that can claim to be the best or most effective!!!

Every martial art has it's own strenght and weaknesses.

It's a matter of how you can use it correctly and walk away without any damages but to be able to do that you will need many years of training.

Krav Maga seems to be a very effective self defence system.

I did some researches on Krav Maga but didn't have a chance to take any classes yet.

You may noticed that I was using the wordings 'self defence system, instead of martial art.

From my undersanding, Krav Maga is not a martial art, it is a fighting system with.

It's philosophy is a "him or me" contex ....

Try to contact Gerry Nolan under this number 0852883709

I don't know him in person, just happen to see his add on Thai Visa.

But again, to be able to use the techniques teached in Krav Maga, you need lots of training training and training

If you have already started in Shotokan for 3 months , surely you must know the basic moves of some of the 5 Heian or Pinan katas.???

You should practise them & if possible with a Sensei (Instructor)to help you improve Waza (technique)

Krav Maga was started in the 30s in Israel for fighting (Survival Skills by Imi Lichtenfeld) NOT for self defence or sport. But the Human Body only has so many moves available to it & Chuan Fa (Shaolin-Chinese) Kempokan (Shaolin - Japanese) Tae Kwon Do ( Korean) Sambo ( Russian) La Savatte ( French Foot Fighting) & on & on & on.

Stick to the Shotokan School (Style) it is based on Funakoshis 1925 system of movement that benefits health & is practical .

All different Styles & Schools go through various periods of "Thrill" or Popularity such as Bruce Lees Jeet Kun Do of the 70s , this does not detract from the School just attracts the populous of each fan.

2 Months ??? Training hard 3 days a week for 2 YEARS would get you the Basics. Good Luck in your endeavours

post-81660-1242321034_thumb.jpg