Waiting For British Embassy

Hi there

Me and my Thai wife are currently abroad, we have applied for a visa to go back to the UK.

We are currently in another country and applied to the British Embassy here, i have been in contact with them and they say everything seems to be in order they are just waiting from confirmation from the embassy in Thailand to make sure they can issue the visa.

So i was just wandering if this is just courtesy between the embassies or is there a possibility they can refuse it?

Also anyone have any ideas how long the confirmation would usually take? i know we can probably add a few weeks on with them being busy with the Tsunami.

Thanks for the help.

Nicky

If all your and your wifes paperwork is in order there should be no probs at all.The British Embassy in BKK has ben closed for the public because of the tsunami so it was only possible to apply by post. Now the embassy should be up running quite normally again!

Have a nice trip :o

Treasure,

Providing that you and your wife are living in the 3rd country the British embassy there should be able to independently deal with the application, after all the same rules apply irrespective of which diplomatic mission is handling the application. If you are not resident in the 3rd country then the embassy there would normally refuse to take in the application and tell you that it should be lodged in the country of normal residence. The only circumstances I can think of in which reference would be made to the embassy in Bangkok is if either they hold records on your wife which could influence the decision or the embassy at which you applied don't deal with settlement applications. Out of interest at the embassy in which country did you apply?

Scouse.