Boat On Lake Reservoir

Mitknight

Hi All,

is it possible to have your own boat (speed, run or ski boat) on the lake reservoir at the chiang mai dam or somewhere else on a larger lake in or around chiang mai??? If yes, what is required to do so, any kind of permits, costs, locations etc???

Would appreciate your help.

Cheers :o

Mitknight

My friend has several boats in the 4 to 6 meter length and he has 50 to 70 HP motors on them. He trailers them to the reservoirs all over northern Thailand where we fish for Giant snakeheads and jungle perch. The only hassle is getting a license plate for a trailer. It is easier to just pay a fine if you get stopped occasionally by the police.

My friend has several boats in the 4 to 6 meter length and he has 50 to 70 HP motors on them. He trailers them to the reservoirs all over northern Thailand where we fish for Giant snakeheads and jungle perch. The only hassle is getting a license plate for a trailer. It is easier to just pay a fine if you get stopped occasionally by the police.

Cheers Ian,

but can u just put your boat onto a lake and drive around? Or do you need a permit for that as well? I have seen one or two here in Chiang Mai, but didnt have the chance to talk to them about it.

Hi All,

is it possible to have your own boat (speed, run or ski boat) on the lake reservoir at the chiang mai dam or somewhere else on a larger lake in or around chiang mai??? If yes, what is required to do so, any kind of permits, costs, locations etc???

Cheers :o

Mitknight

MitKnight, I was out on Mae Kwang reservoir today, one of the largest lakes around, in Doi Saket district. I hired a boat to take us out to a favorite fishing spot. But I saw private boats coming in on trailers and there didn't seem to be any "harbor master" or licensing or fees; but I don't really know. If you don't get a definitive answer from this discussion, ask Khun Pat at Boomtown Fishing shop in the row of shops next to Rimping market at Meechok plaza next to Raum Chok marketplace, at the corner of the 1001 CM - Phrao Hwy and the middle ring road. He owns a boat and speaks fluent English. Don

Hi All,

Cheers :D

Mitknight

MitKnight, I was out on Mae Kwang reservoir today, one of the largest lakes around, in Doi Saket district. I hired a boat to take us out to a favorite fishing spot. But I saw private boats coming in on trailers and there didn't seem to be any "harbor master" or licensing or fees; but I don't really know. If you don't get a definitive answer from this discussion, ask Khun Pat at Boomtown Fishing shop in the row of shops next to Rimping market at Meechok plaza next to Raum Chok marketplace, at the corner of the 1001 CM - Phrao Hwy and the middle ring road. He owns a boat and speaks fluent English. Don

Dear Don

cool, thanks. I'm living near this particular Rimping, will go and have a look tomorrow and talk to Kuhn Pat if possible. Used to live in Doi Saket (Nong Yeng) as well and have been many times to the reservoir.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated. Maybe we could meet up for a fishing tour once I get things sorted and the boat there :o

Cheers,

Mitknight