Wanted: Housing Bits'n Pieces

I originally posted this in the Classified Forum, but got no response, so trying again here...

I'm about to start building a house just outside Pattaya.

I'm also building another house for my teeruk's family in their village in Korat.

Looking around the major retailers in Pattaya and Chonburi, I find that prices for doors, door handles, lights, locks etc... just about every appurtenance for finishing off a house is at least twice the price I pay for the same item in the hardware shop upcountry in Phon.

It's almost worth hiring a small truck and travelling up to Korat to make the purchases and bringing it all back here.

Can anyone recommend a shop that sells this kind of stuff at reasonable prices?

You could try looking in HomeMart......if you travel down Sukhimvit as if heading to Sattahip its located on the left just before the set of traffic lights where you would turn right into South Pattaya road. Another place is at the top of Pattaya Klang (middle road) on the right if you were travelling up towards Sukhumvit, its just where the Baht Buses pull up to park (cant remember the name of the shop). Think you/ll find though everything in Pattaya is dearer than Khorat..........renting a truck might be worth considering if you buying quite a bit.

There is place on Sukhumvit Rd, just south of the North Road junction,

if my memory serves me.

May be worth checking out.

They have all sorts of doors, from cheap, to carved teak.

I actually saw that place whilst driving past yesterday.

I will drop in and check it out.

Have you visited it yourself?

Any ideas on pricing?

or...

Is it better to drop in by myself, get an idea of what's on offer, then send my teeruk back a couple of days later to get the Thai price? :o

On Sukhumvit Rd there are many places selling doors handles showers fitting etc. Heading from pattaya to jontien 100 meters before home mart is another outlet, though it does not have a sign outside, I found it to be 10-20% cheaper and they had the products in stock.

Teppasit road seams to be a hotbed for trade people, from windows to aircon kitchen fitted wardrobes etc. I found this road to be very very helpful.

I hope this information is helpful to you.