Nightmare With Ttnt

icequeen

Hi, I am moving house next week and I currently have 2mb ADSL with TTNT. I am moving a very short distance (only 2 sois) but TTNT are being very awkward about moving my internet connection. My 12 month contract finishes in June and at first they said I couldn't cancel my contract until then. I explained to them I don't want to cancel my contract I just want you to take the line out of my old house and transfer in to my new house, but they just don't seem to be getting it.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? The other option I am thinking of is to make a new contract for the new house and pay the extra for the next two months but I don't see why I should have to do this. Does anyone have any ideas??

I had a similar problem with True, but my old contract had finished already. If there's any doubt as to whether they're going to transfer your existing contract, I'd be inclined to just suck it up, pay off your old one and start a new one. No, you shouldn't have to do it this way, but it sure beats being without any internet, which will most likely be the ultimate outcome. With True, I ended up paying around 3,000 baht to set up the new connection (new phone line etc.). To transfer the old one would have (apparently) cost 1,600, but it was turning into such a nightmare (basically involving the True shop telling me there was "no internet available in your building, so you can't transfer your existing connection" - of course there was and I already knew this, the truth of the matter was the True shop just couldn't be bothered to deal with it, or were incompetent to the degree where they couldn't deal with it, either way it was the same end result) that I decided to throw in the towel and sign a new contract with the agent (yes, the agent from True, who appears to operate in some 'alternate reality' from the rest of the company, a universe where internet is available in my building after all) who deals with the building. There's really not much you can do when they just flat out refuse to do something.

Shame to hear of your problem.

I did much the same thing with TT&T and transferred no worries at all.

There was a very helpful girl in the local office who took care of all the paperwork and arrangements.

Have you called them on the phone to ask or have you paid a visit to the local office?

Face to face is the best way to get things sorted in my experience.

First of all I called 1103 and they told me I needed to go into the office. I went to a local office who were completely unhelpful. A thai friend has just told me that this office has a bad reputation and to go to the main office in the town so I will give this a try. When I first got ADSL reps came out to my house offering the service so I didn't actually deal with an office.