Farangs In Amnat Chorean

dan7385

There are a few farang living in the area. If you do a search of this forum for Amnat Charoen (correct spelling as quoted by the english language signs in Amnat) they should give you the names of the thaivisa members from there. I have a house about 65 kms from Amnat at Khemarat but am presently living in Oz. There are quite a few farang in Khemarat and most are always up for a beer or 12.

Keep hunting you will find a few floating around or maybe head up to Mukdahan as there are quite a few up that way as well.

Good luck

There are a few farang living in the area. If you do a search of this forum for Amnat Charoen (correct spelling as quoted by the english language signs in Amnat) they should give you the names of the thaivisa members from there. I have a house about 65 kms from Amnat at Khemarat but am presently living in Oz. There are quite a few farang in Khemarat and most are always up for a beer or 12.

Keep hunting you will find a few floating around or maybe head up to Mukdahan as there are quite a few up that way as well.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies so far.. Any other replies are still welcome and thanks for the correct spelling of Amnat Charoen. Found the forum under search but no listings of members in the area.

Dan

Amnat Charoen ( and Nikhom ) expats normally meet in Nikhom Khom Soi every Sunday afternoon at little steak House by Lois and Duan.

Coming from Amnat into Nikhom, its on the left side of the road just when entering Nikhom, after the walking overpass. There are a motorcycle repair shop next door.

A yellow sign in Thai. Normally a few pickups parked in front. A little hard to find.

If you come to the main intersection to your left in Nikhom, you have passed it by some 100 meters.

Nikhom folks normally come together dayli at about 4 o’clock. Monday closed.

Your Spelling is correct: Amnat Charoen

Edited by VKP

Welcome to amnatcharoen.............yes there are a few of us farangs dotted around this small town. No formal meets but you do bump in the odd farang in the town market. There are a bunch of us that play golf here but there are no farang drinking establishments etc............its all thai karaoke places etc. PM me for further info..........

• 1 month later...

hi dan my names steve and i am thinking of moving up there we have a place just outside amnat 30k its called bakor or pakor chanuman and i would allso like to know if theres anyone to talk to i will be up there on the 4th july we go into amnat once or twice a week if you would like to meet you can give me a bell on 0868168713 thanks

Do any one know where in Amnat Chareon is the computer man that has very good info on UBC and Dreamboxes if you know what I mean without stating the obvious about why I would like to find him.

• 2 weeks later...
Amnat Charoen ( and Nikhom ) expats normally meet in Nikhom Khom Soi every Sunday afternoon at little steak House by Lois and Duan.

Coming from Amnat into Nikhom, its on the left side of the road just when entering Nikhom, after the walking overpass. There are a motorcycle repair shop next door.

I know the motorbike repair place........ didn't know there was a farang owned steak house next door, and must have passed it hundreds of times in the last couple of years! Next time I'm up there I'll look in.

• 1 month later...
hi dan my names steve and i am thinking of moving up there we have a place just outside amnat 30k its called bakor or pakor chanuman and i would allso like to know if theres anyone to talk to i will be up there on the 4th july we go into amnat once or twice a week if you would like to meet you can give me a bell on 0868168713 thanks

Thanks Steve

Sorry I did not get back to you..But life has been hectic and here we are in to August already.

Have you moved up and how are you finding it I intend to move to Amnat Charoean, but I am trying to find out a bit more about it. Here in Chiding Mai they have plenty of Farang bookshops and I wondered if they had the same in the surrounding areas of Amnat. Also is there a British Consulate in the Issan area i.e Ubon for instance?

Also wondering what all the non working Farangs do with their time every day?

If you want to PM me or ring me to keep this sort of message off the site please feel free to do so.

Regards

Dan

0849-380907

• 1 year later...

A yellow sign in Thai. Normally a few pickups parked in front. A little hard to find.

If you come to the main intersection to your left in Nikhom, you have passed it by some 100 meters.

Nikhom folks normally come together dayli at about 4 o'clock. Monday closed.

Information!

Steak House is closed.

But it said there is another place in Nikhom Khomas Soi, where it held meetings on Sunday afternoon for foreigners.

Edited by norwegian