Bangkok Bank 10 Year Debit Card Unusable Online

in the place where you have to fill out expiration date month and year, its 2019 and every payment processor i see does not go that far. since many sites wont accept American cards from overseas locations its a bit of a pain.

You can use your American cards overseas on the Internet. Pick one card (reduces your liability) you want to use and call the company's Security number so they can "release it" for use overseas in only the locations you want. Once that's done you shouldn't have any problems. It's to prevent fraud which I'm all for. I've yet to have a problem with any Internet site since doing this.

Over simplified, when you use your card, the system detects the location which is very difficult to fool. If it is not listed in the main computer "as trusted location" it bounces. You can even have them alert you every time its used if you want. I find that a comfort knowing it's being tracked.

Haven't run into the date issue but I have found you need to do the same security thing with Bangkok Bank ATM card. You need to call their bank number to set it up. Fairly easy as long as you have all the correct info. I would think the Bank could issue you a card with a lesser expiration date.

in the place where you have to fill out expiration date month and year, its 2019 and every payment processor i see does not go that far. since many sites wont accept American cards from overseas locations its a bit of a pain.

You can use your American cards overseas on the Internet. Pick one card (reduces your liability) you want to use and call the company's Security number so they can "release it" for use overseas in only the locations you want. Once that's done you shouldn't have any problems. It's to prevent fraud which I'm all for. I've yet to have a problem with any Internet site since doing this.

Over simplified, when you use your card, the system detects the location which is very difficult to fool. If it is not listed in the main computer "as trusted location" it bounces. You can even have them alert you every time its used if you want. I find that a comfort knowing it's being tracked.

Haven't run into the date issue but I have found you need to do the same security thing with Bangkok Bank ATM card. You need to call their bank number to set it up. Fairly easy as long as you have all the correct info. I would think the Bank could issue you a card with a lesser expiration date.

Debit cards issued by Thai banks cannot be used for online transactions outside of Thailand.......only within Thailand. I have the same problem with an SCB debit card.

i will try that thanks. i have set up my atm card to take money out of locations overseas and some websites will be no problem while others decline. i think its the third party processor who does the declining, but i will give what you say a try.

I was recently issued a Be1st Debit Card from Bangkok Bank. After attempting, with no luck, to use it on the Internet, I discovered that my EDC daily limit had been set to zero which effectively told the BB computer that I had no credit. I had to get that adjusted myself through the 1333 phone system, the local BB branch had no authority to amend my details.

Since then I have found that using the card on the Internet is very hit and miss. I usually make several attempts before either giving up or being successfull. On one occasion despite the transaction being rejected several times online, I found that payments had beed deducted from my account. I informed BB and the payments were speedily refunded.

I usually eventually succeed in using the card, but it does need patience. I too have encountered sites where it's just not possible to select the correct expiry date. I wrote to one such company whose choice of dates was limited to 2015. I was amazed to receive a reply which suggested that if I wanted to use their service I should wait 4 years until my card would be accepted.

All of my transactions have been on sites outside of Thailand.

Edited by delboy