Pfa Awards

The Vulcan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdoulye Faye has been a giant amongst smaller giants and i couldnt believe Newcastle sold him for peanuts.

I could, because he was crap.

Got to be Vidic or Ferdinand this year (sure a ManU fan will be able to say who has been better) if ManU do win the league itll be down to how well their defence was in that run of games where they didnt concede.

Edited by sanmiguel

these things are done in january which makes them a bit of a daft awards to be honest. and while giggs is a great player and has had a great career, having him in this is like giving scorcese the oscar for the departed when he's made ten better movies. giggs has only started 11 games and scored 1 goal this season for chuff's sake.

Faye crap,that just shows what crap managers you have had.Its all about getting the best out of players and fortunately our manager can,shame about your managers.

BYE BYE PREMIERSHIP

CARTOON ARMY

Youre the most predictable poster on Thaivisa.

Im all for banter, but cant you just for once try with your mind that as a child was seemingly damaged in the UK's capital of mental illness come up with something original, just for once .... please!

Anyway Faye wouldnt make it into anyones choice of players of the season lists nor would any Stoke City players, but Rory Delap would probably be the Premier Leagues greatest shotputter.

Sentiment vote to wrap up his career - worthless.

Let's be honest Giggs isn't the best player. I agree that it's a sentiment vote for his lifetime achievements in football.

What about Ashley Young winning the young player award. The only thing "young" about him is his name. I thought that the young player of the year should be under 21. Maybe I'm wrong. Ashley Young was born in 1985.

Let's be honest Giggs isn't the best player. I agree that it's a sentiment vote for his lifetime achievements in football.

What about Ashley Young winning the young player award. The only thing "young" about him is his name. I thought that the young player of the year should be under 21. Maybe I'm wrong. Ashley Young was born in 1985.

He's 24 in July, i always thought he was 20-21.

http

://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi...ung_266858.stm

There hasnt really been any outstanding players for either one, see who gets ManU supporters player of the year.

He's 24 in July, i always thought he was 20-21.

http

://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi...ung_266858.stm

There hasnt really been any outstanding players for either one, see who gets ManU supporters player of the year.

vidic and gerrard have probably been the two best players in the league this season. pretty bad that lampard wasn't in the six as he's been very consistent.

What an absolute joke. If they want to give someone a lifetime achievement award. Then do exactly that. How on earth someone who isn't even Uniteds player of the year can get this award is beyond me.

andy gray was on sky last night attempting to justify this.

'so what has giggs done this season to win this award then andy?'

'well, he's come off the bench regularly and scored a lot of important goals'.

one, andy. one.

farcical. but probably demonstrates the sheep-like stupidity of footballers more than anything else.

vidic and gerrard have probably been the two best players in the league this season. pretty bad that lampard wasn't in the six as he's been very consistent.

Agreed, always been a detractor of Fat Frank but you cant knock him for effort or consistency.

Hasnt Giggs played well in Europe and in cup competitions this year? Fair play to him anyway football would be better if there were more with his outlook and lack of arrogance. Over the last 16 years he must have been the best player in at least 1 of those years without winning it.

The illigitimate Welsh c**t.

Agreed, always been a detractor of Fat Frank but you cant knock him for effort or consistency.

Hasnt Giggs played well in Europe and in cup competitions this year? Fair play to him anyway football would be better if there were more with his outlook and lack of arrogance. Over the last 16 years he must have been the best player in at least 1 of those years without winning it.

The illigitimate Welsh c**t.

haha! he's a lot of things but i don't know about illegitimately welsh. his mum is welsh and he changed back to her surname didn't he?

the stupidest thing about these things is when the players vote. what's the point of sending out ballots in january when the business end of the season is yet to happen? gordon taylor wants a shoeing, and not just for this farce.

What an absolute joke. If they want to give someone a lifetime achievement award. Then do exactly that. How on earth someone who isn't even Uniteds player of the year can get this award is beyond me.

"THEY" as I understand it are his fellow professionals not a United conspiracy. Giggs who in my opinion should have won at least one award in the 18 years or so he has be at United is indeed fortunate to win it this season. Maybe a poll of why his felow professionsals voted for him is in order. As for Uniteds player of the year please enlighten us I wasn't aware it had already been awarded

"THEY" as I understand it are his fellow professionals not a United conspiracy. Giggs who in my opinion should have won at least one award in the 18 years or so he has be at United is indeed fortunate to win it this season. Maybe a poll of why his felow professionsals voted for him is in order.

As i said and i stand by it. It is more of a lifetime achievement award. Even die hard United fans i know, admit it. The fact that he has been historically one of the most outstanding servants you have ever had, is totally irrelevant. As mentioned above, he's only started 12 games and scored one goal. Well if that makes him player of the year, even Joey Barton must be in for a shout :o

As for Uniteds player of the year please enlighten us I wasn't aware it had already been awarded

Who is the current holder? Who was it the year before? Ronaldo or Ryan Giggs :D

Do you honestly think this year that Giggs has outshone Vidic, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Van Der Sar etc. Jaysus, even Berbatov has outshone him this year.

But if you want to give awards based on sentimentality, that's upto you :D

So, we're unanimous in our contempt and condemnation of the "winner" - let's put up a poll for the PFA player of the year award as voted for by the ThaiVisa football forum.

10 finalists -

1) Gerrard

2) Vidic

3) Lampard

4) Rooney

5) Van de Sar

6) Xabi Alonso

7) Walcott

8) Kuyt

9) Anelka

10) Ireland

That's my selection

Then the "winning" 10 to constitute the poll

So, we're unanimous in our contempt and condemnation of the "winner" - let's put up a poll for the PFA player of the year award as voted for by the ThaiVisa football forum.

10 finalists -

1) Gerrard

2) Vidic

3) Lampard

4) Rooney

5) Van de Sar

6) Xabi Alonso

7) Walcott

8) Kuyt

9) Anelka

10) Ireland

That's my selection

Then the "winning" 10 to constitute the poll

The only thing we are UNITED about is your pathetic attempt to win something this year - albeit not a real trophy :o

The only thing we are UNITED about is your pathetic attempt to win something this year - albeit not a real trophy :D

What a <deleted> you are.

To report or not to report this is the question? Tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Interestingly, my wife is having a baby in a few weeks, this is good training. :o

10 finalists -

1) Gerrard

2) Vidic

3) Lampard

4) Rooney

5) Van de Sar

6) Xabi Alonso

7) Walcott

8) Kuyt

9) Anelka

10) Ireland

That's my selection