Any Recent News For Getting A Non (o) Visa Phnom Phen

What is your reason to get the non-o (IE: marrigage, retirement, have a Thai child)

Most reports are for tourist visas but if you have a valid reason for getting a single entry non-o it should not be aproblem.

Im in Phnom Penh now, just came back from the embassy applying for a single entry non-immigrant.

I showed:

Application form (downloaded from PP embassy website)

Copies and originals of marriage certificate and child's birth certificate (although I doubt the birth certificate is necessary unless you are not married).

Copies of wife's blue house book pages and ID card.

Copy of my rental agreement (although I don't think it was necessary).

I also showed my Thai bank book (balance was in excess of 500k), they looked at it but I don't think it is required although it probably wouldn't hurt to have some money in a Thai account.

Price was US$65, they had a price list on the window - 1 year multi entry non imm. was US$175 and they even had a 3 year multi entry non imm. for US$375!

As far as the embassy and staff are concerned, one of my best experiences. There is a number system - I waited less than 10 mins, waiting room has ac, you apply and pay at the same time, staff were friendly and smiled!

Pick up is between 3-4pm next day. I noticed one guy ask if he could pick up his visa the next morning and the lady asked what time and said no problem. I think Phnom Penh has definitely changed for the better, hopefully it won't get flooded with people applying ;-)

I won't need to apply again - going to get a 1 year extension in Thailand but I would definitely come to Phnom Penh for a visa. Much better experience to Vientiane waiting for hours in the sun and having to pay at a separate building.

Also return flights from BKK with Bangkok Airways at the moment are only 5,500 baht. I think airasia was slightly cheaper but I have found them unreliable coupled with older planes...

Hope this helps anyone needing a visa and thinking of trying Phnom Penh :-)

Also the hotel Im staying at seems very good for the money; brand new, clean, cable TV, free wifi, breakfast and hotel tuk tuk was only US$2 return to the embassy http://www.feelinghomecambodia.com/

• 1 month later...
There were reports a while back of people getting Multi Entry Non Imm O Visas from there with no problems.

Have not heard anything for a while. These were based on Marriage.

Was there any requirement for money in a thai bank account on these reports?

• 2 weeks later...

last week i was in phnom penh to ask for a non o multiple entry visa. i am married, i had

all documents with me and it was my first time to ask for non o. but the lady told me,

she can give me only a single entry (90 days). if a have a child she would give me a

1 year multiple entry :D i showed her a letter from my wife, which shows that i also take

care of my wife's daughter. after an other discussion, the lady asks me to wait, she will

talk with her boos. more than one hour later, the boss has decided to give me the 1 year

non o multpy entry visa :D

even i get what i was looking for, i do not like to depend on peoples mood. in 15 months time

i will not go back to the embassy in pp!

btw :

- they need 2 working days for the visa (pick up time 15.00 - 16.30pm)

- there is also a 3 years non o multiple, for 350 dollar (maybe for farangs with at least 3 children :) )

Thanks for the report. It means we can consider PP as being unfriendly for non-o's as well as tourist visas.

I assume that they meant that if you and your wife had a child. If they meant that it would indicate that they consider that the marriage would be more valid if you have a child.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im in Phnom Penh now, just came back from the embassy applying for a single entry non-immigrant.

I showed:

Application form (downloaded from PP embassy website)

Copies and originals of marriage certificate and child's birth certificate (although I doubt the birth certificate is necessary unless you are not married).

Copies of wife's blue house book pages and ID card.

Copy of my rental agreement (although I don't think it was necessary).

I also showed my Thai bank book (balance was in excess of 500k), they looked at it but I don't think it is required although it probably wouldn't hurt to have some money in a Thai account.

Price was US$65, they had a price list on the window - 1 year multi entry non imm. was US$175 and they even had a 3 year multi entry non imm. for US$375!

As far as the embassy and staff are concerned, one of my best experiences. There is a number system - I waited less than 10 mins, waiting room has ac, you apply and pay at the same time, staff were friendly and smiled!

Pick up is between 3-4pm next day. I noticed one guy ask if he could pick up his visa the next morning and the lady asked what time and said no problem. I think Phnom Penh has definitely changed for the better, hopefully it won't get flooded with people applying ;-)

I won't need to apply again - going to get a 1 year extension in Thailand but I would definitely come to Phnom Penh for a visa. Much better experience to Vientiane waiting for hours in the sun and having to pay at a separate building.

Also return flights from BKK with Bangkok Airways at the moment are only 5,500 baht. I think airasia was slightly cheaper but I have found them unreliable coupled with older planes...

Hope this helps anyone needing a visa and thinking of trying Phnom Penh :-)

Also the hotel Im staying at seems very good for the money; brand new, clean, cable TV, free wifi, breakfast and hotel tuk tuk was only US$2 return to the embassy http://www.feelinghomecambodia.com/

I know this is an old post but I'm going to PP at Chrimbo for a non-O so I was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences. Single entry or multiple entry. I am legally married with two kids.

Just got back a couple days ago-

Got a single entry Non-immigrant O which is what I asked for. They kept the copies of my Daughters Birth Certificate. I had the original also. My first time at that thai consulate and never even went inside. I saw only a wall and a little guard hut with an eager guy named Jimmy. He has got a little deal where he just repeats the same shit over and over. Just make sure u know what u want and what u will pay. I could have figured it out and walked inside the walls I am assuming but this guy wanted to fill everything out and say express a bunch of times. I just was real clear about everything and what I planned to pay cause I knew what it cost. I gave that jimmy guy, and he is all official and stuff, jut likes a little drink. And I think he probably has a buddy inside run a couple for Jimmy so he can do this little express sideshow deal. Was promised it by 6PM and he showed up at my hotel at 9 am with my Non-Imm O single entry next day, I went down intending to send jimmy back to take ot the TV and get me ny non-imm O, shocker-twas all good and I snickered, he asked for a tip go get a drink and I said sorry I have lady upstairs, that mean I no more money, as I turned he said u have my number call me for next time. He was quite the character and was worth the 30 bucks to be Jimmys VIP, I may have been the first and last one. But he delivered what I told him to and was super duper early on the passport delivery time. He must do mostly tourist double entry cause he was like rainman with that line. Not have your paper filled out, his little guard shack is hot, but Jimmy can write like the best of Bitchezzz. I have no patience for penmanship but I think that may be how information is inputted to the Jimmy as he is meticulous, bordering annoying, but it was all the details for Jimmy to pin to his shirt for his 30 yard trek inside, I assume, as I left quickly with a prayer to God and semi-inebriated Jimmy with his newly greased palm. Hard for me to recommend Jimmy cause I can see so many possible things that could potentially go wrong-Personally-I will absolutely have Jimmy doing mine again. Just to hear him explaining visas was comic relief after the eight years of flaming hoop jumping backwards eyes closed with both arms and legs tied up in the back to stay legal. and I think they actually offer next day pickup for free so I paid JImmy about 25 bucks for hotel delivery and his comedic visa jibberish, and also about the services which are nil, a form filled out by what looks like your Mom, I guess as much time as u like in his booth annoying him, I was bored after about 20 minutes. Basically which makes it even more hilarious and I was extremely satisfied... Suppose I just enjoyed his enthusiasm and his commitent to character when the gig is totally up from the absolute beginning that Jimmy isnt the right guy and his building isnt where the shit is supposed to be conducted. But he goes to these great lengths and so I went a long as no way somebody be that enthusiastic get some fool in the guard shack talk about visas and not deliver. He enthusiastically provides a rather useless service for bit of fee. BUt made my trip like easy peasy and I had fun at the consulate instead of some lady being all correct and organized and annoying frankly. BUt think your good to go in Phnom Phen, I was and was quick and dirty which sums it all up nicely;-/

• 4 months later...

Any updates on Phnom Phen - I'm looking for a Non O marriage visa - one child - Aussie passport.

That 3 year visa sure does sound interesting - anyone tried getting one of those?

I think the 3 non-immigrant visa refers to a non-immigrant "B" visa only, not a non "O".

there is also a 3 years non o multiple, for 350 dollar

For a multipe non-O I would go to Savanakhet, Laos. (I presume you are married and not only have a Thai child. Based on having a Thai child going to Australia might be be a better option for a multiple)

There are some recent topics on getting a multiple non-O in Savanakhet.