Curious About Non Immigrant O Visa "visiting Friends"

Just a short note re a visa run to Perth, Australia. I hold a British passport, rather than go to the UK ( Hull )to get a new one year Non O visa I decided to fly to Perth on Sun 7th Sept, I stayed in a resonable hotel on Hay Street, ( Criterion Hotel $95 Aus) 5 mins walk from the Thai consulate.

Consulate only open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9.00am - 12 Noon. I went to the consulate on Tuesday morning ( 9.00am ) with a signed copy of my girlfriends ID card and a letter of guarentee ( mine was from a Police Colonel, but even a letter from your neighbour, girlfriend, to the best of my knowledge would do ) + the filled out forms for the visa you can get these and pre fill them out from by e-mail [email protected]

The cost of the visa was $225 AUS and it was ready by 1.00pm the same day, without any issues. The staff at the consulate polite and easy to deal with.

Returned on the 14th Sept ready to stay another year in LOS !

I'm a US citizen, 34 in Thailand on a 30 day tourist visa.

Just wondering if anyone knows of getting a non immigrant O visa from Perth for someone from the US.

My purpose would be visiting friends, my fiance and I live in Chiang Mai.

I have read in other posts that I need a signed copy of my fiance's ID card and a letter of guarantee.

Also we have a bank account if that would help to prove that I have financial means to support myself here in LOS.

My neighbor is willing to sign a letter of guarantee, are there any other references I might need?

Thanks in advance for any advice :o

In Perth's information e-mail, they state:

APPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT 'O' VISAE

-All applications for Non-Immigrant Visae must be accompanied by documentary evidence.

-In cases where the applicant wishes to visit his wife the application must be supported by a copy of the marriage certificate as well as a copy of the wife's passport or identity card.

-In cases of visits to partners the application must be accompanied by a copy of the partner's passport or identity card.

-If the visit is not connected with wives/partners the reasons for the visit must be in writing. Consideration will be given by this office to issuing a double or triple Tourist Visa instead of a Non-Immigrant visa.

W.D. Jamieson 12TH April 2007

Brigadier

Honorary Consul-General

Edited by jamesjdaly

• 1 month later...
In Perth's information e-mail, they state:

APPLICATIONS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT 'O' VISAE

-All applications for Non-Immigrant Visae must be accompanied by documentary evidence.

-In cases where the applicant wishes to visit his wife the application must be supported by a copy of the marriage certificate as well as a copy of the wife's passport or identity card.

-In cases of visits to partners the application must be accompanied by a copy of the partner's passport or identity card.

-If the visit is not connected with wives/partners the reasons for the visit must be in writing. Consideration will be given by this office to issuing a double or triple Tourist Visa instead of a Non-Immigrant visa.

W.D. Jamieson 12TH April 2007

Brigadier

Honorary Consul-General

I just returned from Perth with a 1 year non-imm type "o" visa. Only had to give signed copy of my partners passport, nothing else was required. Dropped it off on Thursday, and picked up the following Tuesday. I asked about renewing in Thailand and was told that only if I were married would Thailand issue a 1 year visa for me.

The flights were inexpensive though the prices of food and hotel in Perth were expensive. No more border runs for the next year :)

No more border runs for the next year :)

You will have to do border runs every 90 days. Do the last one just before the Visa expires and you get another 90 days giving a total of 15 months.

If you were Married Immigration would issue a 12 month extension if you met the financial requirements. It is not a Visa.

You must make a border run every 90 days with the visa you now have.

There is no such thing as a one year visa for marriage - what he means is a one year extension of stay from Immigration.