What Is That Anouncement At The End Of The Travelators

I've transited many times through Bkk airport and one thing has got me baffled is the anouncement at the end of all the travelators.

It goes something like "end of the war, something something something" and "beware of the war, something something something".

I have tried to work it out many times. Even my Thai wife can't work out what she is saying.

Can anyone translate?

I don't think it's a good impression for first time tourists at Bkk airport "Beware of the war..." over and over again. :o

It is pretty weird huh?

If they are going to have an English message, it should at least be in English.

Although, if you need to be warned that you are at the end of the walk then I don't suppose it will matter if you can understand it or not. Either way you are in trouble.

Edited by tuky

I've transited many times through Bkk airport and one thing has got me baffled is the anouncement at the end of all the travelators.

It goes something like "end of the war, something something something" and "beware of the war, something something something".

I have tried to work it out many times. Even my Thai wife can't work out what she is saying.

Can anyone translate?

I don't think it's a good impression for first time tourists at Bkk airport "Beware of the war..." over and over again. :D

:o

TIT.

Someone told me it was "Beware the Rug"....I hear it as "Beware the Warf". I'm told by others it was intended to be "Beware (of) the Walk".

By the way did you ever hear the story about the automatic mail stamp cancelation machine in the Pentagon? It was designed to put a short slogan over the stamp to cancel it. One day it got stuck between "Speed Kills" and "Pray for Peace", and for almost two weeks all the mail leaving the Pentagon was stamped with the slogan "Kill for Peace".

Yeah, it's a lousy joke.

:D

Who cares what they say. Just teach people how to use them. They are not meant for purely standing on but to assist people to walk faster and get to thier destination quicker. Put who just stand on them blocking everyone else anoy the crap out of me. If you are going to stand on them at least stand to oneside.

Who cares what they say. Just teach people how to use them. They are not meant for purely standing on but to assist people to walk faster and get to thier destination quicker. Put who just stand on them blocking everyone else anoy the crap out of me. If you are going to stand on them at least stand to oneside.

Perhaps a sign saying to keep to the right. I can understand some people may be less able to walk the distances and they'd usually be with others, hence the blockage. Announcements in Thai and English etc may help, too, if clearer that the "end of the walk" one.

Perhaps a sign saying to keep to the right. I can understand some people may be less able to walk the distances and they'd usually be with others, hence the blockage. Announcements in Thai and English etc may help, too, if clearer that the "end of the walk" one.

There are signs there asking people to keep to the left, but most people don't read them or choose to ignore them and stand side-by-side, preventing people from passing. Simply shove your way through and ask them to read the signs and stay to the left.

• 3 months later...

There are signs there asking people to keep to the left, but most people don't read them or choose to ignore them and stand side-by-side, preventing people from passing. Simply shove your way through and ask them to read the signs and stay to the left.

I get da pricka with escalator and travellator blockers.

I growl at them and mention, "Are you guys camping? Then make way for others....?"

S'pose many in airports would be unlikely to understand english, but tone of voice (frustrated) would be understood by most.

I get da pricka with escalator and travellator blockers.

I growl at them and mention, "Are you guys camping? Then make way for others....?"

S'pose many in airports would be unlikely to understand english, but tone of voice (frustrated) would be understood by most.

I feel the other way, if you want to walk use the wide areas on either side if not stand back and enjoy the ride...................

If the .wav file uploads, here it is. Takes 3 seconds to start as I don't have a audio editor and I was trying to time the start to catch the start of the loop.

When I heard that I wanted to order a cheeseburger with fries...... Is that really what it sounds like?

If the .wav file uploads, here it is. Takes 3 seconds to start as I don't have a audio editor and I was trying to time the start to catch the start of the loop.

When I heard that I wanted to order a cheeseburger with fries...... Is that really what it sounds like?

All I had was my cell phone so the audio quality isn't that great.