Bought A Bike And Thinking About A New Paint Job

stevehaigh

here's a steed 400 i just bought. after a bit of tweaking its running ok but still waiting for new tires.

i don't particularly like the paint job, the colours are ok but i don't like the finger design.

what do you think of my lighting design idea (photoshoped obviously)?

also, how much does a repaint like this usually cost?

thx

post-6315-1240391752_thumb.jpg

post-6315-1240391830_thumb.jpg

It is going to depend a lot on how complicated you want to make it.

I got my CBR done for B2000 but it was a single color and I brought him the pieces. I did the graphics later myself.

It is the airbrush portion that is a mystery to me, but I am also curious, so if you find out airbrush prices let me know.

• 2 months later...
Hi, I'm looking for a paintjon for a cbr 150. Single colour. Probably Charcoal gray.

I don't know anywhere in BKK. Can someone tell me where I can get one done.

Thanks.

call mr thor he will either do it for you or tell you where to get it done 31/1-2 sukhumvit 62 ,pakanong ,bangkok 10260 ..phone (662) 332 5817.......heres his web site

http://www.thorchops-kustoms.com/homepage.htm

Here is my costs.

12000 baht for panels painted

1800 baht to powder coat.

Here is a pre and post comparison.

Where you did the powder coating?I always heard that powder coating is expensive in los but 1800 baht for a complete frame sounds very cheap to me.

It is going to depend a lot on how complicated you want to make it.

I got my CBR done for B2000 but it was a single color and I brought him the pieces. I did the graphics later myself.

It is the airbrush portion that is a mystery to me, but I am also curious, so if you find out airbrush prices let me know.

Photo please...and who did the paint for you, where? I have an old vrr150 that could use some paint, mostly on the tank, black would be fine. Maybe some silver or black on the frame too.

Thanks.

John

I am living near the town of Theong and am getting a respray done for the new tail section of my bike, but while in there saw a CB400 getting painted. for all fairings and tank with clear coat the cost was 2000 baht, not installed.

the old tail section of mine is damaged and needs TLC. With one color and clear coat with repairs it will run 2000 baht, hope that helps.

I am living near the town of Theong and am getting a respray done for the new tail section of my bike, but while in there saw a CB400 getting painted. for all fairings and tank with clear coat the cost was 2000 baht, not installed.

Wow that's cheap!

• 7 months later...

I asked a Thai biker friend and he said THB 5,000 for a single colour, labor only. I would consider something timeless like a lovely metallic paint or a 2-tone job like maroon and ebony white.

12,000 would be way to high for me. but then, a cr*p job will cost you more than the difference in price to a good job in loss of value. try selling a bad paint job bike!! (I saw a house in CA once which was bright green inside and outside. Horrible!)

A lot depends on preparation. Go to a pro!! There are Thai custom bike builders with great reputation, Thor something is one of them. These guys build choppers and won't spoil their hundreds of hours on some sloppy paint job!

Chris

I asked a Thai biker friend and he said THB 5,000 for a single colour, labor only. I would consider something timeless like a lovely metallic paint or a 2-tone job like maroon and ebony white.

12,000 would be way to high for me. but then, a cr*p job will cost you more than the difference in price to a good job in loss of value. try selling a bad paint job bike!! (I saw a house in CA once which was bright green inside and outside. Horrible!)

A lot depends on preparation. Go to a pro!! There are Thai custom bike builders with great reputation, Thor something is one of them. These guys build choppers and won't spoil their hundreds of hours on some sloppy paint job!

Chris

I want ghost flames with black base coat. WIll probably speak to Thor since he is close to home and some of the pics on his site look good