How Is The Hotel Business In Koh Chang

Anyone know how is the hotel business in Koh Chang doing???

Last time I was there December 2005. it was so crowed.

You guys still think it is a smart place to develope hotel there??? Our location is next to Treehouse hotel? I am not sure how are they doing.

You guys still think it is a smart place to develope hotel there??? Our location is next to Treehouse hotel? I am not sure how are they doing.

We were there last month for a week and stayed at two different places where we negotiated 20% discounts on the daily rate. I don't think anyplace was full-up except White Sand Beach Resort which is so popular for some reason.

The Tree House area is pretty nice. We had lunch there one day and we were the only customers in the restaurant.

Very quiet now - but there again it is always quiet in late April compared to December on all Thai islands as December is High Season and late April isnt.

Do you mean the land where the old original Treehouse bungalows were on Lonely beach - now has a wire fence around it? There is still the Treehouse Restaurant just to the north. Or do you mean on Long Beach where the current Treehouse Bungalows and a small Thai run place called Zion Bungalows are?

If the former then bear in mind if you want to do a hotel you wont get a registered long lease on the land just 3 year renewable contract so not worth building a hotel based on that. Also Lonely Beach has been a lot quieter this year, quite a few small businesses including bungalow resorts for sale there.

If the latter - same applies only far harder to get customers for a hotel or bungalows due to the remote location - only backpackers will go there and they are attracted by the Treehouse name. Ok for cheap huts but nothing else.

I'd never open a business on Koh Chang.

There were a few glory years after the Tsunami when it went crazy.

But it's never going to be what "they" wanted it to be because of:

1) Transportation

2) Infrastructure

3) Beaches

4) Weather!

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Ahh I didnt realise you actually owned the land Treetip.

In that case have a look at Warapura and the type of resort they have which is on the stony shoreline, south of you. There's is on leased land. However, it is a lovely small resort and charges around 1500 - 3000 baht/night for very nice bungalows. Much better value than most of the large resorts. They do very well - something similar would work on your land for sure.

If you can give proper registered 30 year lease on the land, then I know a couple of people who might be interested in it for a boutique resort. One in Thai and is already has a 4 star resort and is currently looking for more land here, the other is a farang guy who also has a house here and wants to run a medium size resort - but 10 Rai is maybe too large for him.

Yes I owned the land, and consider leasing them out or find partner. I am welling to give proper registered 30 year lease on the land.

This exceptional beachfront is very well preserved in its nature and pristine condition, perfect to develop eco-friendly hotel ( I would do it myself but I have to travel outside the country very often :o ).

I am in California at this moment and will be in Thailand around June. If you know someone whose is interested maybe we can get together during that time. I am very flexible and open for negotiation.

Thank you for all the helpful comments. Love Koh Chang!!! :D