Free Tv Satellite Channels In Bangkok

SkyRunner09

Hello,

moving to a house next week, I start worrying about my TV reception.

Here in my crappy Apartment building, where I am the only farang, I receive quite a few Free-To-Air-Channels incl. internationals such as Al-Jazeera English (which proved to be far better than expected), DW-TV, Australia Network, the funny Fox News Channel, CCTV9, Fashion TV, Channel V and a few more. Most interesting are some Thai Channels though, that show new English movies with subtitles followed by commercials. Don't know what else is on that satellite, as I have the impression, that it is not configured really well by the people here.

True Visions not being an option (I don't care about English football and that seems to be the only thing justifiying their prices): Does anyone know, what satellite that could be, what I need in order to continue receiving those channels (hardware), who can put up a dish on my house and how much the whole fun would cost?

Maybe there are even better FTA alternatives? Wouldn't mind some Formula1-Races as long as I don't have to subscribe anything...

Thanks a lot

Sky

Lots of information here. Please note that it seems this site hasn't been updated for years, so the information about the channels is probably outdated. Better information you can find on Lyngsat

If you choose for a movable dish, you will have the channels you currently have + 500 Chinese.

Hello,

Here in my crappy Apartment building, where I am the only farang, I receive quite a few Free-To-Air-Channels incl. internationals such as Al-Jazeera English (which proved to be far better than expected), DW-TV, Australia Network, the funny Fox News Channel, CCTV9, Fashion TV, Channel V and a few more. Most interesting are some Thai Channels though, that show new English movies with subtitles followed by commercials. Don't know what else is on that satellite, as I have the impression, that it is not configured really well by the people here.

True Visions not being an option (I don't care about English football and that seems to be the only thing justifiying their prices): Does anyone know, what satellite that could be, what I need in order to continue receiving those channels (hardware), who can put up a dish on my house and how much the whole fun would cost?

Maybe there are even better FTA alternatives? Wouldn't mind some Formula1-Races as long as I don't have to subscribe anything...

Thanks a lot

Sky

Barring multichoice africa.....this is pay TV anyway

You will need a movable 6 foot dish with c/ku band elctronics to catch ABS1 on the west all the way to IS8 on the eastern horizon.

DIY for less than 5000 baht ......no monthly fees for FTAs, ABC,Bloomberg,BBC etc..etc...

Typically i think installers are quoting similar set up to above for 12~16 K.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Hello,

Same here about your TV reception. But last night (June 2), Fox TV suddenly became

silent, only picture. Is this because of a kind of scramble???

The apartment may have received a cable service - UBC is not the only cable available in Bangkok anymore. I have a local 80 station feed in Latphao with those stations at about 350 a month. Have seen others post of similar service in other areas. Unless you enjoy using the TV to find things more than watching do not believe a movable dish is the answer for most people.

If I was livng in bkk I would check out jsat.tv They have some pretty decent prices on sat systems for fta installed. I know some people dont like them on here but go in and tell them what you want and see for yourself. Dont even try to setup a motorised dish yourself, maybe a fixed one but I really wouldnt recommend that either if you havent done it before.

If I was livng in bkk I would check out jsat.tv They have some pretty decent prices on sat systems for fta installed. I know some people dont like them on here but go in and tell them what you want and see for yourself. Dont even try to setup a motorised dish yourself, maybe a fixed one but I really wouldnt recommend that either if you havent done it before.

JSAT are a ripoff , charged a friend 5000 baht for a product , same thing available elsewhere for 1800 baht .

You are much better to go to one of the Thai companies , Forward Sat or PSI both offer installations with all the free channels for a fraction of what JSAT charge .

lol tell me just what did he buy for 1800 baht ? a cheap receiver ? sure didnt get a dish or anything else for that.

Read the post again , he paid 5000 baht for a receiver , from JSAT , same thing available from a Thai company for 1800 baht .

I think you need to read the post again yourself pal he says nothing about a reciever, says a product-same thing what is it then ? if you are going to trash a company lets be a little specific on what he bought so there is an actual comparison of products purchased lots of different receivers and dishes availible out there some cheap while others cost more due to better specs and features. I have looked at all the different sat sellers prices here in thailand and i dont think for a complete system installed they are out of line on their prices. And i dont work for jsat or live in bkk.