Calling All Nederlanders

miltonbentley

All Dutch men and women are invited to join us at Tuskers on Thursday to celebrate Koninginnedag.

We have a full line up of party entertainment including -

Drinks promotion - 25% off Heineken and gin all night plus a

which should be rather exciting.

Food - All the Dutch favourites including bitterballen, patat met and hagelslag

Games - I shall be defending my Spijkerpoepen Chiang Mai title and I believe Hill16 will be putting his undefeated run as Chiang Mai Koekhappen Champion to the test against all comers.

If it's anything like the last Dutch party it should be quite a wild night.

Of course as always party animals of all nationalities are welcome to join in but the wearing of orange is obligatory.

obama%20dutch233.jpg

Edited by miltonbentley

If its anything like the last 'party' don't expect too much, my experience was along the lines of 'couldn't organise a piss up at a wedding'.

:o

You must have been the sad bloke in the corner without any mates hhper? If you give your personality a chance I am sure people will warm to it.

If its anything like the last 'party' don't expect too much, my experience was along the lines of 'couldn't organise a piss up at a wedding'.

:D

You must have been the sad bloke in the corner without any mates hhper? If you give your personality a chance I am sure people will warm to it.

:o Nope only one sad bloke there and he was in the kitchen. :D

Hey Millwall your posts have been bumped.........someone touchy or is it touche? :o

Still.................... sounds like it might be up my strasser, so to speak.

Free food, do you need to book? Just how nice are the staff? Do any 'special staff gratuities' count towards the 250 baht spend limit? :D

Free food, do you need to book? :o

We all heard about one place where (supposedly) you don't even get Free Water but, unbelievably, The Olde Bell gives free food!!

I don't know how (or why, for that matter) but they have one day a week (Thursday) where you get the daily special for 'free' providing you spend at least 250 baht on drinks. Quite a good deal, don't you think. :D

Free food, do you need to book? :D

We all heard about one place where (supposedly) you don't even get Free Water but, unbelievably, The Olde Bell gives free food!!

I don't know how (or why, for that matter) but they have one day a week (Thursday) where you get the daily special for 'free' providing you spend at least 250 baht on drinks. Quite a good deal, don't you think. :D

Apparently so, never tried it yet. But remember free food means no free water as you need to spend 250 baht on drinks, or perhaps u can spend on special staff gratuities :D .

If Millwall can organise something approaching a party and where you don't get asked over and over again by the staff if you have booked and the the drink promotion applies today and not tomorrow.......... then he'd get my vote.

BTW I didn't need to book......... :o So why ask........who knows??

Ohh Albert Tatlock nice reminder too

Several post promoting another bar have been deleted as only forum sponsors can promote their business on the forum.

You just insured that I will now really visit the Olde Bell.

(Merely mentioning it is still allowed right? I don't own the place and have never even been in there. I don't even like Millwall.)

Several post promoting another bar have been deleted as only forum sponsors can promote their business on the forum.

You just insured that I will now really visit the Olde Bell.

(Merely mentioning it is still allowed right? I don't own the place and have never even been in there. I don't even like Millwall.)

Some people dont like healthy competition. Honest opinions arent allowed so just vote with your feet.

Saw just some orange drapery and it was closed! We celebrate Koninginnedag All Day! Disapointment.

well i don't think the bar actually opens until 4pm, but i went past around 5.15pm and it looked pretty busy with people eating and drinking. though i believe a dutch lady was a bit disappointed to turn up there at about midday fully decked out in oranje to find it closed!

Unfortunately, in Holland Queen's day became a tragedy when at least 4 people died and 17 injured after a car crashed ito the crowd close to the bus that carried the Royal family.

Seems to have been a 38 yr old dutch citizen. They don't think it was a terrorist attack.

My deepest sympathies to the families of the victims. May they Rest in Peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHb0jkmJLhY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMl5Kc8Wp3o...feature=related

edit: hhhm, 5 people killed and 12 injured, according the Guardian:

Five people were killed and 12 injured during Dutch national holiday celebrations today when a car deliberately ploughed through a crowd, narrowly missing an open-top bus carrying Queen Beatrix and the royal family.

Prosecutors said the incident had deliberately targeted the royal parade but was not an act of terrorism. Police did not indicate why the popular queen might have been the target of an attack.

A Dutch male, aged 38, driving a small black Suzuki appeared to deliberately try to ram the royal family's bus at high speed as they celebrated the queen's day national holiday with a parade through the city of Apeldoorn, 55 miles (90km) east of Amsterdam. The car ploughed through police cordons metres away from the royal bus before crashing into a stone monument to the late Queen Wilhelmina. .... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/3...trix-car-deaths

Edited by Nienke

If Millwall can organise something approaching a party and where you don't get asked over and over again by the staff if you have booked and the the drink promotion applies today and not tomorrow.......... then he'd get my vote.

BTW I didn't need to book......... :) So why ask........who knows??

Ohh Albert Tatlock nice reminder too

Hey! You're not that complete a**hole that turned up at the Tuskers St Georges day sausage fest,

got aggresive with the staff, started shouting about like a complete tw@t, before storming off in a hissy fit?

If that was you, thanks mate, you really made us all feel rather superior - a great reminder

of why I don't like to live in the UK any more! Please let me know when you'll be in again

and I'll bring my camcorder and put you on facebook, 'just for a laugh'

once again...

David

BTW I didn't need to book......... :) So why ask........who knows??

i'm just speculating here but i would imagine it has something to do with stock levels and availability of specific food or drinks which have been bought in for a special occasion. i.e. if a certain number of people have booked tables, the venue will have ordered a certain number of sausages etc.

besides which, it's hardly the most offensive question in the world is it? one syllable, multiple choice answer, take your time, 'phone a friend if you need help. . . .