Backup Internet Line?

penta

so i need to have a reliable connection iam currently on true 3mbit but it disconnects at least once per day.

not always noticable when browsing but when using other applications it is.

so whats my best option as a backup? gprs edge?

also considered changing to the bizlite pack from true but have a feeling that wont help?

oh and iam in bangkok.

ps: if your on true and dont have any problems its prolly because your not using connection sensitive applications so that dosnt help me.

I suspect True have a policy of tipping everyone off their connection once or twice a day. At least I could never get through a 24 hour period without a cut off.

This seems to be true. The normal hi-speed home package is very unreliable.

Does anyone here have any experience if BizLite package users are affected by these disconnections as well?

Perhaps because the BizLite package is authorization-free and uses a leased line makes it more reliable. Not sure though.

Edited by cyprean

but when using other applications it is.

so whats my best option as a backup? gprs edge?

What kind of apps are you talking about? I think GPRS EDGE is useless and drops out several times an hour. My ADSL CSLox account in Bangkok is not noticeable for signal drop outs but my programs don't depend on interrupt free connections so I cannot be sure. I maybe notice a dead line once every two/three months for an hour or so, thats about it using their cheapest home account type.

Guest Reimar

I think you guys need to realize that you get with even business packages a dynamic IP! That IP is changed by TRUE once a day or every time you reboot your Modem/Router. Other ISP's updating the IP more than onece a day.

For to avoid the change of IP and that means a short disconnection, all you need is to apply for an fixed/static IP! But that cost extra and isn't cheap.

As long as dynamic IP the systems disconnect from time to time to change the IP while with fixed/static IP the connection is constant!

Cheers.

For to avoid the change of IP and that means a short disconnection, all you need is to apply for an fixed/static IP! But that cost extra and isn't cheap.

The lease on my IP for my connection in the USA expires late 2010. I don't even remember the last time I had a disconnect with that service.

I think you guys need to realize that you get with even business packages a dynamic IP! That IP is changed by TRUE once a day or every time you reboot your Modem/Router. Other ISP's updating the IP more than onece a day.

As long as dynamic IP the systems disconnect from time to time to change the IP while with fixed/static IP the connection is constant!

Cheers.

never heard of an isp dropping connection to change the ip, even with dynamic ip adresse, ive had alot of different isp with dynamic ip and non of them have ever done this, so would be wierd if they do that here and iam pretty this is not the reason for the disconects.

still considering ttt buisiness line or trues bizlite

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

never heard of an isp dropping connection to change the ip, even with dynamic ip adresse, ive had alot of different isp with dynamic ip and non of them have ever done this, so would be wierd if they do that here and iam pretty this is not the reason for the disconects.

It's a fraction of a second the line drops at the moment the IP is changing.

So to avoid, you really need to look for an fixed IP.

Cheers.

Cheers.

It's a fraction of a second the line drops at the moment the IP is changing.

So to avoid, you really need to look for an fixed IP.

Cheers.

Can this change of IP occur when you are normally using the line?

Also my True ADSL's router's internet light turns off randomly about once a day, and it takes about a minute or two for it to come back.

Is CDMA/3G or similar reliable service offered in Bangkok? I am thinking about getting a router with a CDMA as well that would serve as a backup. Would it be a good idea?