Atm Fees Gone Up?

mnbcm

Went to use the Bangkok Bank ATM this morning and it wanted to charge me 150 baht for a transaction. I use a bank based in the U.S. and have never seen a fee (unless factored in to exchange rate) from Bangkok Bank. Is this new?

Went to use the Bangkok Bank ATM this morning and it wanted to charge me 150 baht for a transaction. I use a bank based in the U.S. and have never seen a fee (unless factored in to exchange rate) from Bangkok Bank. Is this new?

It started being implemented in most banks' ATMs around the 17th April

Quite a few other threads on this. The search facility will point them out to you.

HTH

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

When you use a Kasikorn bank ATM there is still no extra fee.... spread the word!!!

I also use a bank in the US. Charles Schwab debt card and they reimburse all ATM fees from all banks even Thai banks. Also I use Kasikorn and they have no fees. Yesterday 5/04 I took out 20,000 baht from Kasikorn ATM on Charles Schwab account and my checking was charged $567.62. 20,000/$567.62= 35.23 baht when note rate at the time was 34.87.

to my knowledge the Bank of Ayudhya (yellow one) the Kasikorn Bank (the Green bank formerly the Thai Farmers Bank and the Government Savings Bank (the Pink one) are the only ones with no fees as yet. Use them!!

Kasikorn and Thai farmer are the same

Just FYI to hopefully save someone some cash... I took out 20,000 baht from the ATM tonight. Bank of Ayudhya asked if I would accept 33.44 baht/dollar. I walked across the street to Kasikorn and got 34.89. Neither of these banks charge the new 150b fee. That’s a savings of almost $25USD just by walking across the street. Both of these banks have ATM’s across from each other on Chang Klan Road if you want to compare exchange rates conveniently. I have no idea why the exchange rates were so different. Maybe Kasikorn is just slower at updating exchange rates.

Just FYI to hopefully save someone some cash... I took out 20,000 baht from the ATM tonight. Bank of Ayudhya asked if I would accept 33.44 baht/dollar. I walked across the street to Kasikorn and got 34.89. Neither of these banks charge the new 150b fee. That’s a savings of almost $25USD just by walking across the street. Both of these banks have ATM’s across from each other on Chang Klan Road if you want to compare exchange rates conveniently. I have no idea why the exchange rates were so different. Maybe Kasikorn is just slower at updating exchange rates.

That's useful information, thank you. I started using Kasikorn after the new fees began with most banks, I'll keep using Kasikorn until I learn about something better.