Air Ticket, With Baby

greenwood01

This will be my first flight out from thailand with my then 9months old baby.

What would be the best place to buy this ticket at the lowest price? i have always used orbitz but now with a kid im looking for the cheapest kid price.

I am going to north america.

Should i keep orbitz and the similar cheap tickets website or go from a thai based one?

Same same if the adult tickets are cheaper from orbitx then the childs ticket should be cheaper.

The fare for your child should not be expensive seems he/she is under two years old the savings to be made will be minimal.

Edited by ChangMaiSausage

My problem is with orbitz when im selecting infant on his own seat, it charges me as much as for myself.

Am i really supose to hold my kid for 24hrs on my lap for a price reduction?

Most airlines charge a nominal fee + tax for a child under 2 (UK to Thailand last year, £45 for my 4 month old boy) and yes they will have to sit on your lap unless the airline offers travel cots or you buy another seat for your baby. Who are you flying with? I've found that sometimes you get great deals booking direct with the airline other times better using an agent. Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

Brigante7

well according to all the sites i visited, Air Canada seems to be the best priced one.

Price is same as on orbitz.com, xcept on orbitz i dont have to call il to notify i have a baby with me. Air canada.com specificaly asks for me to call (theres nothing that i hate more than customer service on the phone)

My problem is with orbitz when im selecting infant on his own seat, it charges me as much as for myself.

Of course not. Put the baby in the cargo hold so as not to bother the other passengers.

Only kidding! Sort of.

This will be my first flight out from thailand with my then 9months old baby.

What would be the best place to buy this ticket at the lowest price? i have always used orbitz but now with a kid im looking for the cheapest kid price.

I am going to north america.

Should i keep orbitz and the similar cheap tickets website or go from a thai based one?

:D

I think you mentioned Air Canada as one possibility in another post?

Here is Air Canada's child/infant seat policy.

Child Fares

Children under two years travel for free when seated on an adult's lap on domestic flights (the adult must be over 16). Only one child is allowed per adult. If one adult is traveling with more than one infant under two, a seat must be purchased for each additional infant, at full adult cost. Children under two years traveling internationally on an adult's lap pay 10 per cent of the adult fare

Different airlines have different regulations for infants. You need to contract the airline to find out exactly what they want.

Some airlines may allow you to bring on a infant car seat. You can place that car seat into a spare seat (if there is such a thing)Some airlines used to have a inflight hammok type cot they hang from two seats that an infant can sleep in. This usually requires a prior arrangement with the airlines.

Try to pick a date and time that the flight isn't full. You may be able to get a spare seat for your infant.

You need to shop around a bit to get the best deal from the airline you eventually choose.

:o

If you are flying anywhere in Canada do NOT go Air Canada. This is from a native Canadian. Always go Westjet....cheaper and better service, and most importantly.....they do not habitually lose your luggage. I had a friend who flew 4 times in 2 months with Air Canada and lost his luggage EVERYTIME!!!

As for the baby....Air Canada does virtually NOTHING for your baby. I know from personal experience. We did the same thing less than a year ago.

Go West Jet and then if you really want an airline that cares about your baby....BOOK WITH EVA AIR!!! They are outstanding. They have sections that are two seats wide and they put you by a bulhead and hook up a nice cot for the baby. When the baby is up and wants to crawl around a bit, the bigger seats are plenty big for the three of you. It makes for an excellent experience...my son loved his trip over to BKK. They also have tv's in the seats and moies and video games.....babies love that. Mine did.

Good luck!!

What do you expect. :)

Pay 10% for your kid and get a seperate seat for him.

You have to keep him on your lap on in baby cot ( if they have one ) but you have to organise this before you fly as only a few seat can handle a cot.

I only hope that you don't sit next to me on the flight :D

Sorry but i hates baby on flights especially when i try to sleep and a screamer keeps me awake.

Sorry but i hates baby

So be happy, that your parents did not think that way, did not made you or get rid of you in the first month.

otherwise, you could not fly, exactly, you could do nothing, because you not exist and no posts from you would be here to read! :)

Sorry but i hates baby

So be happy, that your parents did not think that way, did not made you or get rid of you in the first month.

otherwise, you could not fly, exactly, you could do nothing, because you not exist and no posts from you would be here to read! :)

Re-read what he said. He said he hates babies on flights.

I love kids. Worked with them my whole life as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal. But I hate having them sit near me on an airplane. A baby once vomited on me during a flight. Several times I've been seated near babies that cried or screamed for hours on a flight. I'm sorry, but I HATE being near a baby on an air flight.

Sorry but i hates baby

Re-read what he said. He said he hates babies on flights.

I love kids. Worked with them my whole life as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal. But I hate having them sit near me on an airplane. A baby once vomited on me during a flight. Several times I've been seated near babies that cried or screamed for hours on a flight. I'm sorry, but I HATE being near a baby on an air flight.

The baby probably vomited on you because he sensed you hated him good on the baby, just to ad you whinge like a baby, I hate being next to whingers on flights :D

-phetaroi-

I can read myself, but who writes like that (-do not like Babys on flights) does not like Babys all together.

Everything has a downside also and you have to accept that and can not only take the Babys when they smile are quiet and not smell from pee and s..t.

or sleep.

I am sure, if his or your parents thought only from the negativa-the mother from the extremly and long pain of the delivery

and the costs with you, you would probably not have been born.

-phetaroi and merjin- I suggest that you do not have children or do not live with your children if you have some.

So be happy your parents did not decide to live childless, or not living with their child same you two.

-phetaroi- teacher? What a special-for a teacher completely wrong attitude you have to small children and Babys.

With your knowledge you could have tried to calm the situation down.

Do the authorities in your country do not train their teachers also Psychological?

Better not to have you as a teacher, what will your pupils learn from you? Your attitude? Not good!

-phetaroi-

I can read myself, but who writes like that (-do not like Babys on flights) does not like Babys all together.

Everything has a downside also and you have to accept that and can not only take the Babys when they smile are quiet and not smell from pee and s..t.

or sleep.

I am sure, if his or your parents thought only from the negativa-the mother from the extremly and long pain of the delivery

and the costs with you, you would probably not have been born.

-phetaroi and merjin- I suggest that you do not have children or do not live with your children if you have some.

So be happy your parents did not decide to live childless, or not living with their child same you two.

-phetaroi- teacher? What a special-for a teacher completely wrong attitude you have to small children and Babys.

With your knowledge you could have tried to calm the situation down.

Do the authorities in your country do not train their teachers also Psychological?

Better not to have you as a teacher, what will your pupils learn from you? Your attitude? Not good!

First, you didn't read the original poster's comments correctly. Your mistake.

Second, no, it's not my responsibility when I am paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for a flight to put up with YOUR baby's "smell from pee and s..t" (as you put it).

Third, I'm an award winning teacher and administrator. But that doesn't mean that I have to tolerate poorly behaved children outside of my job responsibility. You make way too many assumptions.

What did I read wrong? I read between the lines, capiche! You not understand-your mistake-problem!

Awards winning teacher and administrator? I would not give a -hoot- a -dot- (Thai) on that awards.

You not deserve them! You disqualified yourself with your writings and statements. Write more and you land in deeper shit!

Thousands of Dollars for a Flightticket? Than you fly already Business or First class and are far away from your trouble with small children.

When a child has problems with his ears and the changing Airpressure, than its already poor behaving in your opinion!

What a joke of an award winning (from what country Kongo, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Irak, Iran, Afghanistan,....?) teacher, principal you are. :)

Edited by ALFREDO

What did I read wrong? I read between the lines, capiche! You not understand-your mistake-problem!

Awards winning teacher and administrator? I would not give a -hoot- a -dot- (Thai) on that awards.

You not deserve them! You disqualified yourself with your writings and statements. Write more and you land in deeper shit!

Thousands of Dollars for a Flightticket? Than you fly already Business or First class and are far away from your trouble with small children.

When a child has problems with his ears and the changing Airpressure, than its already poor behaving in your opinion!

What a joke of an award winning (from what country Kongo, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Irak, Iran, Afghanistan,....?) teacher, principal you are. :)

1. The poster said that he didn't like children on airplanes. He did not say that he didn't like children. When you "read between the lines" what you are often doing is saying what YOU THINK the poster was saying, which might be very different than what he was actually saying.

2. You've never met me. You have no idea what my qualifications are. You have read a couple of paragraphs and have tried to make life-long assumptions about me.

3. Yes, sometimes on long flights I fly business. Sometimes on short flights I fly coach. Yes, I have experienced children of all ages up in business.

4. When a child screams for 90 minutes because of air pressure, yes, I feel sorry for the child. But it is also not my responsibility, nor should I have to have a flight I paid good money for ruined. Same thing when I was vomited upon by a child. I feel sorry for the child. But it is not my responsibility to be vomited upon by someone else's child.

5. Some parents -- perhaps you -- feel that others should accept your/their childrens' behavior. The time I was vomited upon was a flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Perhaps the real cruelty was the parent subjecting the baby to an air flight when a bus or train trip would have been more tolerable to the child. In fact, for the price of the air ticket she could have rented a driver to go to Chiang Mai. I have been in restaurants where children misbehaved terribly. The fault -- it was the parents for bringing a child to a place they were not mature enough for and for not teaching the children proper behavior. I have seen people bring babies to movie theatres who then cry and scream during the movie. Why are they bringing a baby to a movie theatre?

I'm not going to make assumptions about you, as you did about me. But, I will tell you that I have supervised and cared for over 22,560 in my years in education. So trust me, I don't hate children. But, there are circumstances under which those without children shouldn't have to tolerate certain behaviors of other peoples' children. You see that as me being selfish. Sometimes when parents inflict their childrens' behavior on others, it's really the parents being selfish and not making appropriate adjustments for the age of the child. That's what annoys me -- not the child who, at least when a baby is totally innocent -- but rather the inconsiderate parent.

I agree Afredo changing air pressure does cause problems for infants and small children also us adults but our tolerance levels are much higher, allowonces have to be made for children, an award winning teacher should be aware of that, :D

When a child screams for 90 minutes because of air pressure, yes, I feel sorry for the child. But it is also not my responsibility, nor should I have to have a flight I paid good money for ruined. Same thing when I was vomited upon by a child. I feel sorry for the child. But it is not my responsibility to be vomited upon by someone else's child.

Some parents -- perhaps you -- feel that others should accept your/their childrens' behavior. The time I was vomited upon was a flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Perhaps the real cruelty was the parent subjecting the baby to an air flight when a bus or train trip would have been more tolerable to the child. In fact, for the price of the air ticket she could have rented a driver to go to Chiang Mai. I have been in restaurants where children misbehaved terribly. The fault -- it was the parents for bringing a child to a place they were not mature enough for and for not teaching the children proper behavior. I have seen people bring babies to movie theatres who then cry and scream during the movie. Why are they bringing a baby to a movie theatre?

I'm not going to make assumptions about you, as you did about me. But, I will tell you that I have supervised and cared for over 22,560 in my years in education. So trust me, I don't hate children. But, there are circumstances under which those without children shouldn't have to tolerate certain behaviors of other peoples' children. You see that as me being selfish. Sometimes when parents inflict their childrens' behavior on others, it's really the parents being selfish and not making appropriate adjustments for the age of the child. That's what annoys me -- not the child who, at least when a baby is totally innocent -- but rather the inconsiderate parent.

Well said Phetaroi!!!

Unless it is a life threatening medical situation...what possible reason would a parent subject a 9 month old baby to a 15+ hour trip to North America? To see the grandparents? Hey, tell grandma and grandpa to come visit!

allowonces have to be made for children

I agree! Charge em more money!

Edited by maxjay

-phetaroi- and -maxjay-

People with nearly 0 tolerance, for normal happening circumstances, envolving children (I never wrote something from bad behaving kids)

should avoid to travel with small travelers and when bad mouthing, should be banned from public transport.

Special this people who want to ban small children from flying or want to charge them more.

We, the others should be charged less, for have to fly with such, in society misfitting, asozial persons!

Rent your own private plane, your own-bus-car or train and leave normal people alone.

Edited by ALFREDO

Alfredo,

Your one of the most selfish people i have ever seen. I have read your irresponsible postings in about having loads of kids with different woman.

I think parents should at least try to make kids behave or pay extra so others arent bothered with their kids. Why would I have to sufferer because of someone else kid. If your kids cant handle something don't take them there. You have to try to be a little bid thoughtful about others too not only about your own comforts.

If i had kids id be so ashamed and feel so bad when they misbehave or cause others problems. You seem to think the world centers around you.

Just don't put kids in a situation where they cause others problems. Else pay extra for private seats.

-robblok-

1. What has that topic to do with the problem that GF want and try to get children with me?

Long discussed in other thread, so shut up here and write there!

What can I say, it seems NOBODY wants Kids with you, they, your GF will know why, maybe you not nice and good enough,

to selfish a womanbeater, or? Or you gay. Not bad, just to get kids a problem.

2. Where, show me, do I write something from misbehaving children

and that something like that, misbehaving would be to except silently from everybody?

Other posters wrote, I do not like children around me, near me on a flight. Not even on the short BKK-Chiang Mai flight, as one wrote.

A child vomited on me, oh my good, that man is a Decorated award winning teacher and a child vomited on him, oh my good, what a teacher!

3. First have kids, than post here with your knowledge!

4. Like that, -read on, -I do not like.

I had one encounter with an unreasonable young lady on a short flight from Phuket to Bangkok 1hour10min.

It was an early afternoon flight and my 3 year young son was happy and singing, not shouting just a little singing.

The young lady falang, in the row in front of us (had her boyfriend-bodybuilder) with her,

was, you could see Partying haevily last night, had an -hang over-, holyday over? and she wanted to sleep.

So she turned around and said that to me,

I said I am sorry, but in my opinion, my son is not to loud and ......that it is not a hospital-sanatorium here,

who does not sleep in the night, shall not try to quiet all people, because he/she want sleep at an unusual time on a short flight.

A short discussion started, her BF quieted her, my son was stunned and happyness gone.

Similar people, also without kids, but the same mood,-

Once I sat, with a group of 8 people nearly all 50+, some years ago on the that time more quiet SURIN BEACH in Phuket.

A older falang lady, (she was from my country, I recogniced later) was on a sunbed next to us,

but the beach around us was nearly empty, free space everywhere..

So she said, and I was the next person to her, -Can you go more near togther and speak not so loud, i want to sleep.-

8 people have to be quiet or move away in her opinion, because that (retired teacher lady!) wanted to have her afternoon nap!

I told her what I am thinking from her idea

and that I am more offended from her old, long hanging, far from good looking bare breasts she showed us and I have to face.

Her BF-husband? come from his swim, but not to help her, but to quiet her and move on with her.

Now you can try to verbaly hurt me again, but I will not change. Action brings a reaction, that how it is!

If ever my children make something wrong, I am the first one who disciplines them with a strong voice, usualy enough to order things!

Only some people cannot except anything at all, than they shall stay away from others!

Alfredo...perhaps you have misunderstood my post OR perhaps my writing is not succinct enough?

I wrote:

Unless it is a life threatening medical situation...what possible reason would a parent subject a 9 month old baby to a 15+ hour trip to North America? To see the grandparents? Hey, tell grandma and grandpa to come visit!

I would be very interested in why the original poster feels the need to subject their 9 month old baby to 15+ hours of:

1. Arriving at the airport two hours before departure time.

2. Actual flying-time.

3. Transit time at airports along the way.

4. Plus all the other travel hassles one encounters during one's journey.

So, until someone can give me some valid reasons for subjecting a infant to 15+ hours of arduous travel...I will continue to believe it is inappropriate to travel long distances with a infant.

BTW, I consider an infant is any child under the age of 3 years old. 3+ years old...no problem.

-robblok-

1. What has that topic to do with the problem that GF want and try to get children with me?

Long discussed in other thread, so shut up here and write there!

What can I say, it seems NOBODY wants Kids with you, they, your GF will know why, maybe you not nice and good enough,

to selfish a womanbeater, or? Or you gay. Not bad, just to get kids a problem.

2. Where, show me, do I write something from misbehaving children

and that something like that, misbehaving would be to except silently from everybody?

Other posters wrote, I do not like children around me, near me on a flight. Not even on the short BKK-Chiang Mai flight, as one wrote.

A child vomited on me, oh my good, that man is a Decorated award winning teacher and a child vomited on him, oh my good, what a teacher!

3. First have kids, than post here with your knowledge!

4. Like that, -read on, -I do not like.

I had one encounter with an unreasonable young lady on a short flight from Phuket to Bangkok 1hour10min.

It was an early afternoon flight and my 3 year young son was happy and singing, not shouting just a little singing.

The young lady falang, in the row in front of us (had her boyfriend-bodybuilder) with her,

was, you could see Partying haevily last night, had an -hang over-, holyday over? and she wanted to sleep.

So she turned around and said that to me,

I said I am sorry, but in my opinion, my son is not to loud and ......that it is not a hospital-sanatorium here,

who does not sleep in the night, shall not try to quiet all people, because he/she want sleep at an unusual time on a short flight.

A short discussion started, her BF quieted her, my son was stunned and happyness gone.

Similar people, also without kids, but the same mood,-

Once I sat, with a group of 8 people nearly all 50+, some years ago on the that time more quiet SURIN BEACH in Phuket.

A older falang lady, (she was from my country, I recogniced later) was on a sunbed next to us,

but the beach around us was nearly empty, free space everywhere..

So she said, and I was the next person to her, -Can you go more near togther and speak not so loud, i want to sleep.-

8 people have to be quiet or move away in her opinion, because that (retired teacher lady!) wanted to have her afternoon nap!

I told her what I am thinking from her idea

and that I am more offended from her old, long hanging, far from good looking bare breasts she showed us and I have to face.

Her BF-husband? come from his swim, but not to help her, but to quiet her and move on with her.

Now you can try to verbaly hurt me again, but I will not change. Action brings a reaction, that how it is!

If ever my children make something wrong, I am the first one who disciplines them with a strong voice, usualy enough to order things!

Only some people cannot except anything at all, than they shall stay away from others!

You know what alfredo i will learn about kids if you learn to write good English and how to keep relations going instead of leaving them all with babies.

Anyway it all depends on the situation in the situation of one of your sons you were right. I am talking misbehaving kids not kids during a short flight.

I am talking about kids crying all the time vomiting over others like that other guy said. That is clearly causing problems. If you can't control your kids don't bring them. Its all about making sure you don't bother others. (i am the first to admit there are many shades of grey here so its not always easy)

If people would take the effort to read the whole post then they would read that I said baby’s IN PLANES.

In general i love baby’s but when you sit for 12 hrs next a mother with her baby on her lap which is crying the whole time and even changes the baby’s dirty underclothes then I’m saying yes i hate baby's ON PLANES

Or when mothers think that their baby is allowed to do everything without taken notice to other passengers the yes i hate baby's ON PLANES.

But if the mothers take care of their baby’s so other people are not to much disturbed then i have a great time with them which luckily also many times happens.

Eva and Emirates are fairly good as they have cots for babies. I think you will have to book them in advance though.

Kids can be badly behaved and it is usually down to the parents not controlling them. It's not just Thailand either, it getting as bad in the UK now! Not all parents though, I must stress.

-phetaroi- and -maxjay-

People with nearly 0 tolerance, for normal happening circumstances, envolving children (I never wrote something from bad behaving kids)

should avoid to travel with small travelers and when bad mouthing, should be banned from public transport.

Special this people who want to ban small children from flying or want to charge them more.

We, the others should be charged less, for have to fly with such, in society misfitting, asozial persons!

Rent your own private plane, your own-bus-car or train and leave normal people alone.

Now you must be posting from the Twilight Zone. Crying constantly and vomiting on others is not a "normal happening circumstance" acceptable in our culture.

Again, your children are not my responsibility. And further, although I was very upset in those situations, I said nothing to the parents of the offending children. So there was no bad-mouthing. You jump to such conclusions. I am expecting you soon to have a tantrum yourself.

If people would take the effort to read the whole post then they would read that I said baby's IN PLANES.

In general i love baby's but when you sit for 12 hrs next a mother with her baby on her lap which is crying the whole time and even changes the baby's dirty underclothes then I'm saying yes i hate baby's ON PLANES

Or when mothers think that their baby is allowed to do everything without taken notice to other passengers the yes i hate baby's ON PLANES.

But if the mothers take care of their baby's so other people are not to much disturbed then i have a great time with them which luckily also many times happens.

May I add another thing I find disgusting -- the two times women sitting next to me were breast feeding their babies.

Your one of the most selfish people i have ever seen. I have read your irresponsible postings in about having loads of kids with different woman.

Robblok, thank you for this message. As a result I went back and read Alfredo's sexually provocative postings on other topics. Disgusting. No sense of propriety on a public forum. I will no longer respond to a poster with those habits.