Mobile Telephone Thailand

Hi TV People,

I have been looking at getting price plans for calling from THAILAND to OVERSEAS. AIS website does not show charges and I was under the impression they offered one off fees to call overseas cheaply.

Does DTAC or HAPPY offer anything better for countries such as Africa, Russia, Papa New Guinea? Would be nice to know if there is something out there for overseas call plans, cheapp of course.

TY.

Hello Doggie,

I use 009 already on the mobile prefix. What is this CAT card, is that for landline use?

Hi milky, the CAT card is issued by CAT telecom, I buy 500thb at a time, which seem to last forever despite weekly calls to Australia... I input the PIN number which appears on the card before I proceed to dial 009 followed by the overseas telephone number. The card's balance reduces after each call, and there are no further bills. I think if you dial 009 directly, the you get a bill later? Not sure if the charges are the same whether I use the card or not.

Hello WF,

Thats is true yes. Calling in Thailand (alot more others as well) is free to landlines and mobiles from voipdiscount. That must be benificial to most people on here.

Regards

voipdiscount.com thats cheaper.

Thats not entirely correct. It depends on the location you want to call to.

Some country rates are better with Skype some are with Voip discount.

Edited by milkycheese

Hello WF,

Thats is true yes. Calling in Thailand (alot more others as well) is free to landlines and mobiles from voipdiscount. That must be benificial to most people on here.

Regards

I didn't say it is not beneficial But read the Voipdiscount page carefully you will find out that "free" calls to landlines are limited to 1 minute duration! Maybe I got the wrong information and was meant for trial only.

If that is really free, no call duration limitations to the "free" overseas destinations, of course this would be beneficial, but sounds to good to be true...

Edited by webfact

Try this link.

http://www.cattelecom.com/site/th/list_ser...&subcat=248

Select the country you want to call.

This page shows the rates is for CAT 001 and 009 for international access.

001 is more expensive but supposed to be clearer while 009 is more cheaper.

CAT009

If using AIS I think you can direct call. I use monthly so the bill for doemstic and international is on one bill.

I think you can also use 009 if you use 1-2-call.

Edited by mdechgan

Hello WF,

Regards

I didn't say it is not beneficial But read the Voipdiscount page carefully you will find out that "free" calls to landlines are limited to 1 minute duration! Maybe I got the wrong information and was meant for trial only.

If that is really free, no call duration limitations to the "free" overseas destinations, of course this would be beneficial, but sounds to good to be true...

I reply to my own posting

Just tried to place a 3rd "free" call to a Thai land line. I am in Thailand.

-first call lasted 15 seconds

-second call about 1 minute

-third call.... "sorry, you have reached your free trial call limit"

Edited by webfact