Do I Need To Show An Onward Ticket ?

Hi all ,

If I arrive at the airport Sunivanbul and receive a 30 day visa exemption, do I need to show an outward ticket. ?

I will be buying a ticket to australia and return to bangkok, but I want to purchase while in Bangkok.

Thanks for any feedback.

:o

Immigration won't ask for it when you arrive.

The problem could be when you check in for your flight to Bangkok. They may not let you on the flight if don't have a ticket out of the country within 30 days.

No. But the airline might not let you fly here without it if you do not have a visa.

Hi Lopburi3 & ubonjoe,

thanks for your feedback. - I want to go to Australia for 8 days. BKK-BNE-BKK

So am i correct in saying :

I will fly from UAE to Bangkok :

To board a flight from any country ( UAE ) to Thailand - I may need to show either a Tourist Visa or an exit ticket out of thailand dated within 30 days of arrival.

So I can buy my BKK-BNE-BKK (AUSTRALIA) ticket on the internet before leaving UAE for BKK ? ( can i show the email ticket printout ? )

Then I either need to apply for a Tourist Visa for Thailand while in Brisbane or buy a refundable one-way BKK-BNE to show before I board from Brisbane to Bangkok again. ? then get the refund when back in Bangkok.

Is that the best way.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers. :o

Yes the email confirmation of an e-ticket is ok. Paper tickets are rare these days.

To save all the ticket worries you could buy a ticket to KL on Air Asia to show a ticket out for the first leg and then change it (500 baht change fee last time I checked) to work on the 2nd leg. Then trash it if you don't use it.

Or get a 2 entry tourist visa before you travel.

To board a flight from any country ( UAE ) to Thailand - I may need to show either a Tourist Visa or an exit ticket out of thailand dated within 30 days of arrival.

So I can buy my BKK-BNE-BKK (AUSTRALIA) ticket on the internet before leaving UAE for BKK ? ( can i show the email ticket printout ? )

Then I either need to apply for a Tourist Visa for Thailand while in Brisbane or buy a refundable one-way BKK-BNE to show before I board from Brisbane to Bangkok again. ? then get the refund when back in Bangkok.

Is that the best way.

Thanks for any help.

Keep in mind that also in Brisbane they will not let you board the flight to BKK if you don't have a ticket to leave Thailand!

Is that the best way.

Thanks for any help.

Keep in mind that also in Brisbane they will not let you board the flight to BKK if you don't have a ticket to leave Thailand!

They positively will if you have got either a return ticket or a Thai visa.

Is that the best way.

Thanks for any help.

Tks pit101, so i should buy a fully refundable ticket BKK-BNE to show , then get the refund back when in bangkok.

Is that the best way.

Thanks for any help.

Tks pit101, so i should buy a fully refundable ticket BKK-BNE to show , then get the refund back when in bangkok.

Just get a Thai visa at the Consulate in Brisbane,

Yes the email confirmation of an e-ticket is ok. Paper tickets are rare these days.

To save all the ticket worries you could buy a ticket to KL on Air Asia to show a ticket out for the first leg and then change it (500 baht change fee last time I checked) to work on the 2nd leg. Then trash it if you don't use it.

Or get a 2 entry tourist visa before you travel.

ubonjoe, so if i get a 2 entry tourist visa from here ( now in Kenya ) that will allow me to enter Thailand from Kenya - Dubai - Bangkok .... stay a week then go to Brisbane and then return to Bangkok without showing any rtn back to BNE. ?

:o

If you have a visa return/onward tickets are not required by the airlines or immigration for entry.

But a lot would depend upon the issuing embassy/consulate. Some want to see tickets out of Thailand to issue the visa.

Is that the best way.

Thanks for any help.

Just get a Thai visa at the Consulate in Brisbane,

or get a 2 entry before I travel from kenya where i am now.. ?

Not much info on the embassy website but does have contact info and a map.

Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1317.php?depid=215

ubonjoe..

I can enquire here in Nairobi at the Thai embassy. I met the ambassador at a Songkran day we had here a few weeks back... water pistols and all :o

So as you mentioned , the best way would be to get a 2 entry Tourist Visa .

Then i dont need to show a ticket for BKK-BNE. correct ?

cheers.

Not much info on the embassy website but does have contact info and a map.

Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1317.php?depid=215

ubonjoe..

I can enquire here in Nairobi at the Thai embassy. I met the ambassador at a Songkran day we had here a few weeks back... water pistols and all :o

So as you mentioned , the best way would be to get a 2 entry Tourist Visa .

Then i dont need to show a ticket for BKK-BNE. correct ?

cheers.

Thought link to website might help. But it sounds like you may have an inside contact.

You don't need a ticket out if you have a visa. If the airline was to give you a problem tell them to check their IATA book or web link.