Farang Friendly Retreats In Thailand

gaipad

I'm 29 now and have been living in Thailand for 4 years. My life is good I don't have to worry about anything. I have a lovely girlfriend that I live with since 3 years, a great job that pays well and gives me lots of free time. So life should be great and yeah it is pretty good.

Anyway I need a break, some time for myself and as I'm interested in Buddhism and already went to some Tibetan Buddhist teachings in Europe I would like to do a 1 week or 10 day retreat. I can't sleep without an aircon though and that's why I was hoping that some of you could recommend some quiet "farang friendly" retreats in Thailand. I'm fine to be outside or without aircon during the day but I just need it to sleep.

Around Bangkok would be a plus but I'm ok to travel as well. I'm not specificaly looking for an organized retreat with a strict daily schedule. Just a place where I can do some meditation (maybe in a group), listen to some teachings and have time for myself and my thoughts.

I would be glad if some of you have some advice for me.

Afraid I don't know of any places with a/c, but the rooms at the Dhammakamla Vipassana Center in Prachinburi have fans, and being in the countryside are comortable at night. If you come in the winter months the weather is quite comfortable all day as well, otherwise does get hot in the afternoons.

www.dhamma.org for general info on the retreats, click on course locations, Asia then Thailand for this center. these are serious intensive 10 day retreats.

Im similar to yourself when it comes to a/c. May i also sujest fan operated rooms but also rooms with NO carpets. I have asthma, it takes me around 2-3 weeks to get the a/c setting 100%, but its alot quicker when theres zero carpets.