Switching From Maxnet Premier To Indy

mrmillersr

Has anyone switched from the maxnet premier internet plan to the maxnet indy plan?

I originally signed up with the indy plan a couple of years ago and it was so slow connecting to international sites I switched over to the premier plan which was supposed to be better, though I can't be that sure it ever was.

The last couple of weeks connecting to US sites has been lousy, especially during the day so instead of paying 1090 baht a month for the premier plan I am thinking of switching to the indy plan at 590 baht a month. Doubt if it can be any worse but I was wondering if anyone else has done this and how it is working out?

I didn't switch, but I did move and when I moved we hooked up the Indy plan instead of the Premier. At first it was great... but your right the last couple of weeks to the USA it has been very bad and my VOIP connection has been very very bad. BUT as an Indy subscriber they say we should expect problems with content from the USA, and that if we want to assure the best connection to the USA we should switch to Premier. Its good to know that Premier users are having the same problem, so I wont even consider moving back now.

Has anyone switched from the maxnet premier internet plan to the maxnet indy plan?

I originally signed up with the indy plan a couple of years ago and it was so slow connecting to international sites I switched over to the premier plan which was supposed to be better, though I can't be that sure it ever was.

The last couple of weeks connecting to US sites has been lousy, especially during the day so instead of paying 1090 baht a month for the premier plan I am thinking of switching to the indy plan at 590 baht a month. Doubt if it can be any worse but I was wondering if anyone else has done this and how it is working out?

Our Maxnet Premier connection has been slow as well. The same goes for KSC connection at my office. I called the call centre. Apparently, there has been maintenance activity happening in Mae Jo/Sansai and Hang Dong areas during the past month. I did see them stringing up fibre optic cable up Mae Jo Road so I actually believe their explanation this time.

I used premier and paid 1090 and really didn't rate the speed at all.

I downgraded to Indy 790b package with 3 meg download and 1 upload. Just as good, saving a few baht.

I'm sure though alot depends on where you are, loads of variables, I'm sure.

Regards Bojo

It appears you are correct, in my trace routes I am seeing new routers. The IP that I am assigned has changed as well in the past few days. I have seen improvement in the past two days. I hope your right about updating equipment. I have no problem moving to Premier but I need to see real improvement or why pay the extra money.

Our Maxnet Premier connection has been slow as well. The same goes for KSC connection at my office. I called the call centre. Apparently, there has been maintenance activity happening in Mae Jo/Sansai and Hang Dong areas during the past month. I did see them stringing up fibre optic cable up Mae Jo Road so I actually believe their explanation this time.

If you download torrent files, Indy will be pretty useless - in my experience. Premier is worth the extra expense to me.

How is it possible that at download speeds of 3 MBps won't work for bit torrents? I only have download speed of 1.5mbps on a good day and it works fine for me with bit torrents.

If you download torrent files, Indy will be pretty useless - in my experience. Premier is worth the extra expense to me.

How is it possible that at download speeds of 3 MBps won't work for bit torrents? I only have download speed of 1.5mbps on a good day and it works fine for me with bit torrents.

You won't get anything close to 3 MBps on overseas downloads with Indy. I believe that with Indy they throttle torrent traffic. My Premier is much faster Indy ever was for anything international, even though Indy was rated at twice the speed.

Edited by wimpy

I was doing great on Indy but this seems to have ended with the new upgrades.

Indy is next to useless for international website. Great if you only want access to Thai sites but I don't suppose many on here will be happy with that.

Had Indy many moons ago and it was about as much use as tits on a kipper :)

Like everyone else, good to look for ways to save dosh, but think downgrading the net connection is one area where I can't go cheap. The high contention ratio would see one pulling one's hair out just to open pages during rush hour times. Not so bad if you enjoy working/surfing the graveyard shift though.

Used to use premier. Then switched to Indy and found little to no degradation in service.

Was at the TT& T office today and the nice lady talked me into signing up for Premier again. Will begin premier on May first. Let's see if there's any noticeable improvement.

FYI, at the office I visited, they displayed a poster offering 10% discount on the rates if you pay 12 months in advance. Will wait to see if there's any improvement before taking up this offer.