Borehole Depth

Beardog

Hi Again ,

I need some help as the 2nd outfit out here found water at 12 meters & went through the the first layer of granite 12- 16 meters & then chased it 4 more meters down.

our well is 1 meter down(due to high amount of rain.

our neighbors at a similar elevation (around the corner 1 kilo away) are at minimum he 25-45 meters down The bore at 25 meters has already dried out & now is again with water due to the rain. The 30 meter has a ton of water & is only .1 tenth (if that kilo from the 25 meter bore. Everyone around here seems to think that 20 meters the contractor is trying to do a 85,000 baht burn & leave early . The man is a friend & has purchaced 3 rai on our property , so he is my neighbor & I want to look out for him & realize from experience that Thailand is full of burn artists that never honor a guaranty & just claim bankruptcy as an excuse before they leave town. at 12 meters he would see water as the water table where they are digging water is at 1/3 a meter now.Unfortunately I know the best time would have been at the low point of rain in the season, but it wasn't an option this time around.

To make it more interesting the lazy contractor broke the last extension & the smaller drill bit & it dropped back in the hole & there is no pvc pipe in the bottom to at least guide the bit down straight- That & he didn't adequately clean out the drill casing.

Colin has drilled oil for 45 years & has told me water & oil are similar in the cleaning out portion. so the bit is probably in a nice 45% angle never to be recovered(but that is another story & his problem)

Does 20 meters sound possible if everyone with successful boreholes at this elevation is 30 meters & up & can you dig to far & compromise the water quality? Wells I understand- but bore holes(since I don't have one & never did one I am at a loss & hate to see him have to pay twice for the job.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

I also posted a similar topic in the farming forum since in farming they are more knowledgeable in irrigation.

Any help in responses in the Bang Sare Ban ampur Sattahib areas would be whole heartedly welcome

Thanks again & thanks Rimmer they did choose a Frankin pump!

Hi Beardog, I live up the road towards Silverlake, after an electrical problem after a lightning strike our bore hole pump had to be removed and checked out. The guys helping me to pull it up couldn’t believe the depth 85metres plus.

The guy we bought the house off told us that the contractors drilled down around 100 meters passing through various water layers, I didn’t believe him but it proved to be true that was about five years ago. And it always gives constant crystal clear water

He moved back to Germany, I will email him to see if he can remember the contractors.

35-45 meters is the average bore hole at this elevation(even though there are variables that can change the numbers.)

This is bore hole joker 2 . The first one picked out an area with no water after drilling 70 meters hung it up.

Door prize #2 thought he would pull a quick one & hit the first or second shelf & call it a job well done-----------but since he (is the laziest shit I have ever seen) decided who needs pipe dope(grease ) on the extensions (not the drilling part) to break the extensions free easily(like the first clowns) so for 200 baht savings the last extension dropped & now he is fishing. I advised the new owners of the land we sold to make sure to stick him with the original depth agreed upon 35-50 meters & a Franklin 1.5 hp pump. She has told him that he will honor his end if he wants any more funds. They are in for 25,000 baht & we will hold his rig & bits as collateral if he decides to roll em up!

Welcome to the trip to the Jerkit Circus. We are on group #4 on building our fence. Back to the original clan that built the 1st one satisfactory! TIT & it sure is not for the weak at heart. I cringe at the level of expertise & lack of self esteem. One of the guys on this crew I taught (when he was green) how to dial in a good weld & get the right penetration on various metals. Good on him, He turned out to have pride in his work. Nice to be proud of your work & be able to say I DID THAT JOB!

We will see how the fishing adventure for the lost pipe goes. Now all that is left is to smooth out the ripples caused with my girl about looking out for fellow farangs. The contractor was bummed to find the gigs up & he actually has to work! :)