Moving To Chiang Mai

tadders

Hi,

I am a Canadian and my wife and I are moving to Chiang Mai on May 19, 2009. We are looking for people there to write to and ask questions about the city and how to find an apartment or house to rent for a decent price (amongst other questions). If anyone can write us, we would appreciate it.

Cheers,

T and M

Hi,

I am a Canadian and my wife and I are moving to Chiang Mai on May 19, 2009. We are looking for people there to write to and ask questions about the city and how to find an apartment or house to rent for a decent price (amongst other questions). If anyone can write us, we would appreciate it.

Cheers,

T and M

I know of an apartment that will become available on May 19th exactly, because I am moving out of it. Unfortunately it is a little pricey as far as Chiang Mai goes, but fairly comfortable. If you're going to look for a motorbike I know of one that will be cheap. citylife classifieds, thaivisa classifieds and just searching online can be pretty helpful in finding apartments and houses.

Hi,

Cheers,

T and M

Hello T and M,

Would you be interested in a three bedrooms and two bathrooms house at the foot of Doi Suthep?

Please email to me for details. If it is not what you are looking for, I am still willing to answer your questions about Chiang Mai.

Your sincerely,

Punthong

Hi Tadders

There are new threads started almost every week by people moving to Chiang Mai (or considering it). These threads will likely contain many questions and answers of interest to you.

The easiest way is simply scroll down the page of discussion threads, and then down each subsequent page, looking for relevant threads. As you will soon see, there are very few questions that haven't already been asked an answered on TV.

The other thing you can do where you have a specific topic (e.g. bilingual schools) is use the TV search facility (top right this page). best to select the "search thread titles only" option under advanced search options, to cut out some of the chatter.

Cheers

- CB

Hi,

Cheers,

T and M

I know of an apartment that will become available on May 19th exactly, because I am moving out of it. Unfortunately it is a little pricey as far as Chiang Mai goes, but fairly comfortable. If you're going to look for a motorbike I know of one that will be cheap. citylife classifieds, thaivisa classifieds and just searching online can be pretty helpful in finding apartments and houses.

Hi,

Thanks for the note. Please send details,

Cheers,

Ted

There are a lot of houses for rent in the area where I live (Sansai Noi) about 7 km outside of the city. The price of a 3 bed room 2 bath house is half of that of a 2 room condo in the city or less. Also the cost of utilities is cheaper as no one is tacking a profit/service charge on your bill. The obvious thing is you can cook in your home which can also save a lot of money. I guess the major draw back is you have to buy furniture although some of the houses are furnished the cost is much higher. If you need help PM me I would be happy to help you find something.