Online Credit Card Payment And Thai Banks

Hi

I have a business and a business bank account in Thailand

I have a website where customers can book and pay online via paypal. This money then is transferred from paypal to my Thai account.

What I want is for my customers to be able to pay via Credit Card (not via paypal) and the funds to be deposited directly into my bank. I have the knowledge to make the website and full security etc, but I'm having trouble getting the banks to understand what I need. (I think the term is payment gateway?)

I dont need a credit card machine for the office, which is what they keep saying I must have.

has anyone got any tips on if this service is available in thailand? (I assume it is as companies like Bangkok Airways and large resorts allow you to pay online) - also which banks provide this service? is there a large deposit involved?

I would appreciate any info!

B

Hi

I have a business and a business bank account in Thailand

I have a website where customers can book and pay online via paypal. This money then is transferred from paypal to my Thai account.

What I want is for my customers to be able to pay via Credit Card (not via paypal) and the funds to be deposited directly into my bank. I have the knowledge to make the website and full security etc, but I'm having trouble getting the banks to understand what I need. (I think the term is payment gateway?)

I dont need a credit card machine for the office, which is what they keep saying I must have.

has anyone got any tips on if this service is available in thailand? (I assume it is as companies like Bangkok Airways and large resorts allow you to pay online) - also which banks provide this service? is there a large deposit involved?

I would appreciate any info!

B

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem in the past. Thai Banks are very hesitant to provide a payment gateway and the deposit is 1,000,000 THB. A lot of paper work is involved and you will probably get rejected the first time you apply. The fees are incredible bot for the credit card usage and the transaction fees.

My company also didn't need the physical credit card machine as we also sell only online to overseas customers.

Ok, here is how we solved it. Check out thaiepay. It's a thai payment gateway company very similar to Paypal. But your customers can directly pay by Visa, MC and Amex. The amount is then transfered to your bank account within 10 days. Fees are very reasonble. Setting up is quite easy but you also need to provide the usual papers (company registration, tax id, etc.). I am quite satisfied with their service although we had some problems in the beginning. But I believe that it is the best solution out there and from my experince with the Banks (blue, green and yellow ;-) it's just a big pain in the a**. Let me know if you need more info. The website is www.thaiepay.com.

Cheers!

thats great advice, thank you.

I will check out Thaiepay

what is the differenct between customers paying me with their credit card via paypal, and with their credit card via thaiepay?

I sued to use Paypal as well and when I had larger amounts (above 50,000 THB) coming in, they froze the money and assumed that is was fraud. It took nearly 2 weeks to resolve the isse. A lot of phone calls to Luxembourg and my customers and to sign papers and ID copies to certify that the transaction was ok. Big hassle. Also, I think the exchange rates from Thaiepay are better.

I guess you can use both, same as I do. I just feel that Thaiepay is faster and more reliable.

• 1 month later...

Experience with Bangkok Bank was ok on this - it helps if you already have an account or at least they can see that you have a track record in business. The service is called Merchant iPay ( which is a payment gateway) and their credit card division handles the set up.

At least they don't keep your funds for 10 days - that's a hidden charge that keeps on charging you forever, and which can have serious impact on cash flow.