Auto Tires

cigarchuck

Where in pattaya is a good place to purchase auto tires? Also,what is the best brand in thailand. Are the tires for sale in thailand made in thailand? Thanks for help.

I bought 2 tires for my Honda Jazz at Chairatyanyon - the shop is located on Sukhumvit road about 100 meters before Pattaya Nua - traveling on Sukhumvit from Pattaya Klang towards Pattaya Nua its on the same side of the road about 100 meters before Pattaya Nua -

Where in pattaya is a good place to purchase auto tires? Also,what is the best brand in thailand. Are the tires for sale in thailand made in thailand? Thanks for help.

I bought 2 tires for my Honda Jazz at Chairatyanyon - the shop is located on Sukhumvit road about 100 meters before Pattaya Nua - traveling on Sukhumvit from Pattaya Klang towards Pattaya Nua its on the same side of the road about 100 meters before Pattaya Nua -

Thank you for the info.Will ck them out. What brand did you buy? Do they carry all brands?

Many many tyre shops along Sukhumvit and they carry the brands you would expect to see anywhere else, Bridgestone, Michelin, Maxxis, Goodyear, BF Goodrich etc etc., as well as some lesser known names.

Just be aware, more and more of these shops along Sukhumvit tend to be closed on a Sunday??? maybe more so this weekend as it was a holiday on Friday! :)

Edited by LennyW

we drove down to chonburi ,what a difference in price ,so much cheaper than pattaya ,also did this when i baught alloy wheels ,saved a fortune ,got 4 silverstone tyres for my optra 1700 each ,good tyres

we drove down to chonburi ,what a difference in price ,so much cheaper than pattaya ,also did this when i baught alloy wheels ,saved a fortune ,got 4 silverstone tyres for my optra 1700 each ,good tyres

i agree with Thaimate, there are no cheap tyres shops in Pattaya

i use the big Bridgestone agent in Siracha

its on the right as you enter the city and you have to U-turn at the lights to get to them

the son is english educated and speaks good english.

he is a well rounded individual of about 20 years so you should easily spot him

they are far more helpful than any tyre place i have tried in pattaya as i believe they are not so jaded with dealing with farangs.

i bought a set of 18' AMG type alloys and B F Goodrich tyres 20,000 baht cheaper than the best like for like price in Pattaya

well worth the 30 minute drive

its on the right as you enter the city and you have to U-turn at the lights to get to them

they are far more helpful than any tyre place i have tried in pattaya as i believe they are not so jaded with dealing with farangs.

i bought a set of 18' AMG type alloys and B F Goodrich tyres 20,000 baht cheaper than the best like for like price in Pattaya

What a great idea!!!! Thank you for the info. Yes, it is worth the drive too save that much money.

Based upon this, and an earlier post I had seen about this place, I went there yesterday to buy a new set of tires for my Honda City. I didn't deal with the owner's son; but with his son-in-law, Kuhn Jhiy, who was very pleasant, informative, professional, and speaks adequate English. The service was excellent, as well as prompt; and I was happy with my purchase of 4 Goodyear 'Assurance' tires, size 185/60 R15, at a price of 2450 THB each, which included free balancing and alignment. Their facility is quite large, with a pleasant, air-conditioned waiting room for customers.

Being the curious type, I decided to stop at the Pattaya Bridgestone store just north of Pattaya Nua, on the east side of Sukhumvit. I parked a bit down the street, and walked into the store, asking for a price on tires. I asked specifically for the same tires that I had just purchased in SiRacha. I was quoted 2350 per tire, also including free balancing and alignment.

So, I'd suggest that, while, as I said, I have no complaints about the dealership in SiRacha, there's no reason to drive there. You can get the same, or even slightly cheaper prices, right here in Pattaya. Stories to the contrary are simply not true, based upon the experience I had yesterday.

Based upon this, and an earlier post I had seen about this place, I went there yesterday to buy a new set of tires for my Honda City. I didn't deal with the owner's son; but with his son-in-law, Kuhn Jhiy, who was very pleasant, informative, professional, and speaks adequate English. The service was excellent, as well as prompt; and I was happy with my purchase of 4 Goodyear 'Assurance' tires, size 185/60 R15, at a price of 2450 THB each, which included free balancing and alignment. Their facility is quite large, with a pleasant, air-conditioned waiting room for customers.

Being the curious type, I decided to stop at the Pattaya Bridgestone store just north of Pattaya Nua, on the east side of Sukhumvit. I parked a bit down the street, and walked into the store, asking for a price on tires. I asked specifically for the same tires that I had just purchased in SiRacha. I was quoted 2350 per tire, also including free balancing and alignment.

So, I'd suggest that, while, as I said, I have no complaints about the dealership in SiRacha, there's no reason to drive there. You can get the same, or even slightly cheaper prices, right here in Pattaya. Stories to the contrary are simply not true, based upon the experience I had yesterday.

I've been living here for 16 years and had a car or two the whole time. I have never used anybody but the Pattaya Bridgestone people and found them immensely courteous and sharp with their prices. I think the place and a number of the tyre shops on the other side of Sukhumvit are owned by 2 brothers. They speak good English and remember and value repeat customers. Highly recommended.

i am a curious type too

i know from your posts you live in Pattaya on the darkside and seem like a bright fellow

so i am curious why you did not get the best price you could get in Pattaya first and then drive to Siracha to try to get cheaper than the best quoted pattaya price?

it seems to me based on what you have said, had you done it that way you would have been armed with a quote that they would have had to have beaten to get your business and at worst you would have saved 400 baht if they only price matched it for you

i recently bought a pair of Hankook 285/35/R22 from there and saved 3000 on the best Pattaya prices from the usual suspects and got free tracking thrown in as well as balancing, etc

hence my recomendation when the OP poised the question.

i am sorry it did not work out for you

i am a curious type too

i know from your posts you live in Pattaya on the darkside and seem like a bright fellow

so i am curious why you did not get the best price you could get in Pattaya first and then drive to Siracha to try to get cheaper than the best quoted pattaya price?

it seems to me based on what you have said, had you done it that way you would have been armed with a quote that they would have had to have beaten to get your business and at worst you would have saved 400 baht if they only price matched it for you

i recently bought a pair of Hankook 285/35/R22 from there and saved 3000 on the best Pattaya prices from the usual suspects and got free tracking thrown in as well as balancing, etc

No problem, Timekeeper. To tell the truth, I haven't been out of this sorry town for a while, and I was ready for a little ride. We stopped for lunch after we bought the tires, and enjoyed the afternoon away.

I felt fairly confident that I wouldn't get ripped off at SiRacha Bridgestone, so I just went for it. As I said, I wasn't unhappy with the experience at all, despite the 400 baht difference in total price.

I did, however, want to correct the earlier impressions given here that were much more critical of the Pattaya Bridgestone dealer than I found justified. In future, I'll certainly feel comfortable dealing with them.

i am a curious type too

No problem, Timekeeper. To tell the truth, I haven't been out of this sorry town for a while, and I was ready for a little ride. We stopped for lunch after we bought the tires, and enjoyed the afternoon away.

I felt fairly confident that I wouldn't get ripped off at SiRacha Bridgestone, so I just went for it. As I said, I wasn't unhappy with the experience at all, despite the 400 baht difference in total price.

I did, however, want to correct the earlier impressions given here that were much more critical of the Pattaya Bridgestone dealer than I found justified. In future, I'll certainly feel comfortable dealing with them.

as i posted earlier about going to chonburi,the reason was that prices in Sri Racha and Pattayae similar ,as there are many Falangs in both towns ,the tyres i purchased at 1700 baht in chonburi were 2000 each in Sri Racha so saved 1200 baht by driving a little further down the road. wheels were balanced and aligned

• 2 weeks later...
Many many tyre shops along Sukhumvit and they carry the brands you would expect to see anywhere else, Bridgestone, Michelin, Maxxis, Goodyear, BF Goodrich etc etc., as well as some lesser known names.

Just be aware, more and more of these shops along Sukhumvit tend to be closed on a Sunday??? maybe more so this weekend as it was a holiday on Friday! :D

I have a honda crv and would like to purchase new tires. What is the best brand in thailand? I like MICHELIN, but in thailand are there better tires? If not, where can you buy michelin tires at a fair price in pattaya? Thank you for any help. :)

• 5 weeks later...
i am a curious type too

as i posted earlier about going to chonburi,the reason was that prices in Sri Racha and Pattayae similar ,as there are many Falangs in both towns ,the tyres i purchased at 1700 baht in chonburi were 2000 each in Sri Racha so saved 1200 baht by driving a little further down the road. wheels were balanced and aligned

You would pay the same in Bangkok. There are no price differences for Farang and Thai for standard size tires. Maybe you can save if you are after fancy stuff like big alloy wheels and huge tires, but those are anyway no the best choice for the roads here, imho.

Edited by moo9

i am a curious type too

You would pay the same in Bangkok. There are no price differences for Farang and Thai for standard size tires. Maybe you can save if you are after fancy stuff like big alloy wheels and huge tires, but those are anyway no the best choice for the roads here, imho.

you must be bored, this threads months old

the tyres i bought before have almost worn out now .........

BIG ALLOYS AND TYRES RULE OK !!

BTW, this is a very good, friendly and reasonably priced store!

I bought my wheels and tires there as well and very satisfied. Imho no need to travel to Sriracha or other places.

Cheers