Where's A Good Pizza In Chiang Rai

sinewave

whoops, meant Chiang Mai (help please Mr.Moderator)In Bangkok there is a place called Bella pizza, anyone who has been there will know the texture of the dough, is there a place in Chiang Mai that is the same type?

Edited by sinewave

whoops, meant Chiang Mai (help please Mr.Moderator)In Bangkok there is a place called Bella pizza, anyone who has been there will know the texture of the dough, is there a place in Chiang Mai that is the same type?

Never been to Bella Pizza in BKK..my favorite in BKK is Limoncello's on Sukhumvit soi11...Brick wood burning oven..very good pizza, unfortunately Chiang Mai has lots of medicore pizza places. No consistantly outstanding pizza place exists in Chiang Mai! You'll just have to try the mediocre places untill you find one that you can appreciate. maybe others will chime in and give you their reccomendations.

There is a place on Mae Jo road not to far past Rimping on the same side as Rimping that has good authentic pizza they also have all of the Italian styles of pizza which may not appeal to everyone. It's the kind of place that might get annoyed if you asked for corn and imitation crab on the pizza if you know what I mean. As far as the prices go well, you get what you pay for, I'm assuming the majority of the ingredients are imported or homemade.

Good pizza is plentiful in chiang Mai! Where English speakers manage to stay longer in Chiang Mai by teaching, Italians play to their strengths and open restaurants! Many are great: Mom's home cooking and that includes home made Pizza. Buonissimo. Da Stefano, La Villa, Georgios as well as a number of smaller establishments have great pizza as well as other tasty treats from all over Italy.

If that awful thick crust American crap is your bag there are plenty of chain pizza places in the shopping centres: Pizza Company, Pizza hut etc

There is a place on Mae Jo road not to far past Rimping on the same side as Rimping that has good authentic pizza they also have all of the Italian styles of pizza which may not appeal to everyone. It's the kind of place that might get annoyed if you asked for corn and imitation crab on the pizza if you know what I mean. As far as the prices go well, you get what you pay for, I'm assuming the majority of the ingredients are imported or homemade.

I hope you are not recommending Pizza-mania, very mediocre in my book. I've heard very good reviews of Girasole off of walking street. Authentic Pizza baked in a real brick oven.

unfortunately Chiang Mai has lots of medicore pizza places. No consistantly outstanding pizza place exists in Chiang Mai! You'll just have to try the mediocre places untill you find one that you can appreciate.

I would say the same.

Stefano's, Sergio's Bullisimo, Georgio's are all OK Italian Places.

The Duke's, Mad Dog (Aussie), Pizza Hut, Pizza Company for acceptable American.

Never been to Bella Pizza in BKK..my favorite in BKK is Limoncello's on Sukhumvit soi11...Brick wood burning oven..very good pizza, unfortunately Chiang Mai has lots of medicore pizza places. No consistantly outstanding pizza place exists in Chiang Mai! You'll just have to try the mediocre places untill you find one that you can appreciate. maybe others will chime in and give you their reccomendations.

I agree with you about Limoncello's in BKK. Best Pizza I've had in Thailand.

I also like Mayflower.. I think I like it better than Mad Dog actually. (Won't compare with the 'true' Italians which are obviously better) But for a quick snack, I think Mayflower is good value for money. (it's on Loi Kroh in the middle of the bar zone near the moat)

This is not true! Ridgely's Pizza is consistently awesome! A little restaurant on the west side of the San Sai road in between the Doi Saket Rd. and the 2nd Ring Rd. Hands down the best pizza in Chiang Mai, American style that is. They have really good everything else too. Price range is the same as the Duke's.

This is not true! Ridgely's Pizza is consistently awesome! A little restaurant on the west side of the San Sai road in between the Doi Saket Rd. and the 2nd Ring Rd. Hands down the best pizza in Chiang Mai, American style that is. They have really good everything else too. Price range is the same as the Duke's.

anyone got google earth coordinates for this???

i like Pizza COmpany for its buy 1 for buy 1 promotion! lots of meat on them too.

What I really like about the Pizza Company is how "big Bill" fcuked over the Pizza Hut.

Pizza Hut tried to screw Bill and he said no one screw's me. Pizza Hut had to go out and sign up new premises while Bill carried on "business as usual"

For me it's great to see one of the globes major monopolies struck dead by one of the worlds relative minnows. (but not a minnow in Thailand by any stretch of one's imagination)

I would never (anywhere in the world) again walk thru the door of a Pizza Hut franchise "even if I was on my last legs"

<deleted> Pizza Hut and good on you Bill.

You're my man. My type of man!!!

Edited by john b good

I hope you are not recommending Pizza-mania, very mediocre in my book. I've heard very good reviews of Girasole off of walking street. Authentic Pizza baked in a real brick oven.

He is indeed recommending Pizza-mania and I agree that their pizzas are just as good as any of the other places in town, including ones from places with Italian owners. Like the others say - Chiang Mai is full of mediocre pizzas.

Having tried several Italian restaurants in town - but not all, of course - including Buonissimo, Giorgio's, Osteria Wald, Piccola Roma, La Gritta, Casa Antonio, Da Mattia, and Da Roberto, as well as some of the American style pizza places like PizzaMania, I can safely say that the best authentic Italian pizza can be found at "La Lanterna di Genova" on walking street, due to the thin, light and crispy crust that feels like it was baked in a wood oven, although was is not. The only caveat is that it needs to be eaten at the restaurant, on their special wood-block plates, since it becomes too soggy if placed in a cardboard box while hot, and that anyone liking the "super-supreme everything on it" kind of pizza will be disappointed. I find the prices are quite reasonable at around 180 baht for a normal pizza.

Every time I go there I see local Italians having lunch or dinner, so it must be a good place.

I hate pizzas.

They look like a baking dish that someone has vomited on, taste like it as well.

Good to know you know the taste of vomit. Why would you soil this thread with it? No one asked your opinion and you should be polite and not offer it.

How did Pizza Hut attempt to "screw" Bill? :)

Pizza Hut did not attempt to screw Bill Heineke. In fact it was the other way around. Heineke didn't want to honor his contractual terms that he had with Pizza Hut. They sued and took the franchise from him. He had all the locations and know how so he did what every enterprising person would do in his host country, he ripped them off for the concept and reopened under The Pizza Company name. In Bill Heineke's native country he would never have gotten away with that.

I'm not sure of the name of the place and I'm not recommending it, I'm just saying it is there. My wife brought a decent pizza home from there one night and I really enjoyed it however; I told her never again as I was not willing to pay more for a pizza in Chiang Mai than I am in NYC.

How is it going over there? I tried to get to your internet site but was not able to. Remember they know when you are promoting yourseld so at least make it seems that someone else is doing it..