Mother Exposes Phoney Facebook Adoption Ring Using Her Children's Photos

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

NATIONAL - A shocking adoption scam that exploits the imagery of innocent families has recently been unveiled on Facebook by a horrified mother. The fraudulent posts offered the adoption of children depicted in stolen photos, a chilling revelation that has sparked widespread public outrage and concern.

The duplicitous posts circulated through Facebook groups, banking on emotionally charged pleas like, “Looking for a loving home for this precious girl”, accompanied by photographs of cheerful, seemingly well-cared-for children. These posts would then go on to promulgate specifics about adoption fees and the preferential provisions for the child's education till completion.

Public outcry was immediate and vociferous with netizens condemning the illicit operation and raising alarms about the unsavoury connections it has with the sinister world of human trafficking. As the scandal unravelled online, it was discovered that similar scams had previously come under the scanner and many more were covertly operating in the shadows of the internet.

In a fresh update, Chompunoot Phakaew, a Facebook user, posted about her disconcerting experience of accidentally stumbling upon the scam and finding out her family had been unknowingly cast as characters in this wicked ploy. Her shock was exacerbated when she found out that her children's photos had been used to feign adoption offers tied to illicit financial transactions.

Phakaew assured the public that her family had no association with the scam, explaining that her child was biologically hers and was never up for adoption. She extended a warning to others, urging them not to fall prey to such deceptive activities, and decried the malevolent notion of selling off a child borne with love and care.

This harrowing revelation, just ahead of Thailand’s National Children’s Day, underscores the pressing need for improved child security systems. As the nation channels resources towards their betterment, a firm eye must be kept on cyber activity to ensure no child falls victim to such sinister scams.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

Sad, one cannot trust anything these days. I used to be much more trusting, now I assume everyone I meet, hear about or read about is lying about everything.

This applies especially to politicians where I cannot remember the last time I heard a politician tell the truth, but it applies to anyone selling anything at all, including doctors, journalists, priests, nuns, friends, people I meet while travelling or on the street, authors, business people, bankers or the internet. No one seems to be able to tell the truth about anything these days including AI generated crap. 

I cannot get my wife to stop buying stuff from the TV or the internet, all with outrageous claims that they never ever fulfill. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The duplicitous posts circulated through Facebook groups, banking on emotionally charged pleas like, “Looking for a loving home for this precious girl”, accompanied by photographs of cheerful, seemingly well-cared-for children. These posts would then go on to promulgate specifics about adoption fees and the preferential provisions for the child's education till completion.

FaceSh.t again.
This platform should be banned by every country until they stop "SPONSORING" scammers and install a REAL HELP/COMPLAINT line.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

NATIONAL - A shocking adoption scam that exploits the imagery of innocent families has recently been unveiled on Facebook by a horrified mother. The fraudulent posts offered the adoption of children depicted in stolen photos, a chilling revelation that has sparked widespread public outrage and concern.

Public outcry was immediate and vociferous with netizens condemning the illicit operation and raising alarms about the unsavoury connections it has with the sinister world of human trafficking. As the scandal unravelled online, it was discovered that similar scams had previously come under the scanner and many more were covertly operating in the shadows of the internet.

In a fresh update, Chompunoot Phakaew, a Facebook user, posted about her disconcerting experience of accidentally stumbling upon the scam and finding out her family had been unknowingly cast as characters in this wicked ploy. Her shock was exacerbated when she found out that her children's photos had been used to feign adoption offers tied to illicit financial transactions.

Phakaew assured the public that her family had no association with the scam, explaining that her child was biologically hers and was never up for adoption. She extended a warning to others, urging them not to fall prey to such deceptive activities, and decried the malevolent notion of selling off a child borne with love and care.

This harrowing revelation, just ahead of Thailand’s National Children’s Day, underscores the pressing need for improved child security systems. As the nation channels resources towards their betterment, a firm eye must be kept on cyber activity to ensure no child falls victim to such sinister scams.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I wonder who believed this adoption scam? 

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I wonder who believed this adoption scam? 

On the FaceSh.t platform, a lot of scammers publish their scams every day.
Selling Driver License's; Selling ED medication or tools; Selling underaged girls, Etc.
One example which comes to mind right now is the selling of a complete set of electric tools of Makita by Home Pro for 79 Baht.
The amount of responses and inquiries/views is overwhelming.
And best of all, this scam is SPONSORED by FaceSh.t!!!!

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

FaceSh.t again.
This platform should be banned by every country until they stop "SPONSORING" scammers and install a REAL HELP/COMPLAINT line.

I deleted FB years ago...