Water Blasters

Started DIY renovation of the house a couple of weeks ago.

Was contemplating what water blaster to get, cheep or expensive and decided on going the cheap route.

Bought a Goldex 75bar-150bar, 360L/hr from Makro for 1950Baht. It's tiny and looks rather embarassing.

For old Thai concrete paint jobs it does the job better than I expected. Our house was last painted about 10 years ago with I presume poor too OK preparation.

Removes paint to the concrete in all exposed areas easily to moderate. Has problems with removing paint in the undercover carport area, although the old paint work is still durable with no flaking or lifting.

I suspect that it has a short lifespan (I'm thinking about 50 hrs) Used for about 35 hrs so far with another 10 hrs to complete outside. Still going stronge.

Be careful if you use the water blaster on wood.

Always spray from a few inches from the surface and in the same direction as the wood grain or you'll get toothpicks out of your window frames.

It does an amazing job on moldy wood decks before varnishing or staining.

I'm not sure how much pressure you get from that small unit but be very careful with keeping the nozzle away from your feet.

I've done this commercially for a few years, you could make coffee with the water, cut a tree and probably carve out some fine steak from a cow with the huge pressure that monster was pushing.