Transferring Vehicle Ownership

hill16

Hi folks,

Does anyone have up to date info on the requirements in CM for transferring ownership of a vehicle (motorbike) from one party (the wife - Thai) to another (me - farang) please?

Also, must I go to the Land and Transport Office on CM-Lamphun Road opposite the Holiday Inn?

Kind regards,

Hill16

The last time I done it, presuming you have a non b or other similar was to take ur passport and pay 500 baht to immigration for a letter to say ur a temporary resident and can buy a bike in ur name, then down to the transport office with ur wife/gf for backup and translation to transfer into ur name, proof of address is always a good one, but you can probably find a small time lawyer who'll do it all for about 300-500 baht and take the inconvinience of the transport office away from you.

hope helps

The last time I done it, presuming you have a non b or other similar was to take ur passport and pay 500 baht to immigration for a letter to say ur a temporary resident and can buy a bike in ur name, then down to the transport office with ur wife/gf for backup and translation to transfer into ur name, proof of address is always a good one, but you can probably find a small time lawyer who'll do it all for about 300-500 baht and take the inconvinience of the transport office away from you.

hope helps

For the letter you need

passport

2 photos

photocopies of all pages of Passport

Photocopy of departure card

500bht

2 hours.