Vietnam Visa Needed

Hi,

I am living inChiang Mai and I am planning a trip to Ho Chi Minh City for 30 days in December.

What do i need to do to get a Visa for Vietnam?

Might be useful if you told people which country your passport is issued by...

I have merged you 2 topics.There was no need to make another topic to give more information.

You can get a visa on arrival in Vietnam or get a visa from the the embassy in Bangkok.

See this topic for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vietnam-Visa-Info-t146860.html

You CANNOT get a visa on arrival in Vietnam! You must have the visa before you go,which can be obtained from an Embassy or Consulate either in person,or by an agent.The only thing you can get on arrival is a pre-booked visa,which is arranged over the internet.You have to show the visa letter to the airline before boarding or you won't be allowed to fly.A poster on the linked thread explains how to do it,so I won't repeat it here.I've got Vietnam visas many times at the Bangkok Embassy,it's very easy,the only thing is,you can't get a same day service,but have to go back the next day at 3-4 pm to collect the passport. 2500B, the completed form,and a photo is all you need,and I've never had to wait more than a few minutes,they aren't very busy there.

I have merged you 2 topics.There was no need to make another topic to give more information.

You can get a visa on arrival in Vietnam or get a visa from the the embassy in Bangkok.

See this topic for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vietnam-Visa-Info-t146860.html

You CANNOT get a visa on arrival in Vietnam! You must have the visa before you go,which can be obtained from an Embassy or Consulate either in person,or by an agent.The only thing you can get on arrival is a pre-booked visa,which is arranged over the internet.You have to show the visa letter to the airline before boarding or you won't be allowed to fly.A poster on the linked thread explains how to do it,so I won't repeat it here.I've got Vietnam visas many times at the Bangkok Embassy,it's very easy,the only thing is,you can't get a same day service,but have to go back the next day at 3-4 pm to collect the passport. 2500B, the completed form,and a photo is all you need,and I've never had to wait more than a few minutes,they aren't very busy there.

You absolutely 100% CAN get VISA ON ARRIVAL in Vietnam. It is available in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, and Da Nang. I'm in Hanoi now after having done so for the second time. Google Vietnam Visa. Get the pre-approval letter (1-2 days). Go to the "VISA ON ARRIVAL" counter at the airport and pay your $25 (single entry) or $50 (multiple entry) fee. I made the mistake of getting the single entry the first time, now finding myself back in this great country for a third time in a month. Best to get the multiple right away. I'm not sure how you'll compare it to CM, but it's a great place to get away from BKK.

I think you're saying the same thing, basically.

You CANNOT just turn up at the airport in Hanoi (where we went last year) and get a tourist or other visa on arrival. They will deport you at your expense.

You MUST, as others said, pre-apply for the visa. Either a travel agent can do it or you can do as we did and do it online. You apply, pay, they send you an email after a couple of days which you print and present at the airport on arrival, to get your passport stamped.

I repeat, you MUST apply and get confirmation before you arrive so you can present it at the airport.

The officials are surly enough without making them crankier by turning up without it.

A plug here for stayinvietnam.com

More than a dozen VN visa invitation letters issued to me, friends and fellow workers, some tourist, some business, some single, some multiple. Never any problems with their secure online application and payment system and visa letter within 48-hours (depending on recipients time zone) by email. 100% hassle free. Excellent service once inside the country as well. I left my Thai SIM card in a Saigon hotel room. I called them up and they arranged for pickup and delivery to Vung Tau, no charge! Just part of their awesome service.

And no, I am not in any business partnership with them, just hugely happy with their service.