Car Battery Charger

If you want a good one the tool shop up near the bus station on Pattaya Nua carries a good selection, it's the shop on the corner of the small road that goes to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. IMO they also have the best range of power tools and that kind of stuff in town, they have a good servicing dept. and actually do give half decent after sales. It normally works out better in the long run than buying some cheapo crap that breaks the first time you use it.

If you want a good one the tool shop up near the bus station on Pattaya Nua carries a good selection, it's the shop on the corner of the small road that goes to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. IMO they also have the best range of power tools and that kind of stuff in town, they have a good servicing dept. and actually do give half decent after sales. It normally works out better in the long run than buying some cheapo crap that breaks the first time you use it.

Will keep that for future reference .Did not see your reply and went to the shop opposite Foodland .Got one for 1,590 baht .It looks OK but i have yet to try it out .

Any recommendations on a good model please that is being used please.

Possibly one that can provide a quickish booster that can be used when an unexpected flat battery occurs.

Also a fair price guide for it.

Thank you

Edited by sheff_mick

Possibly one that can provide a quickish booster that can be used when an unexpected flat battery occurs.

Thank you

The brand they carry in the tool shop on pattaya Nua is Telwin.

They have nice starter/chargers that can start up to 100Ah.

I have just been looking through there catalogue (no prices unfortunately)

The model called the Leader 400 would probably suit your needs, but from my experience starter chargers are not that a cheap an item.

I was going for it's big brother the dynamic 520 at 18,500B for staring my boats, but ended up buying 10 metre jumper cables (I made out of welding cables) and jump power from boat to boat when needed.

You can pick up the regular charger in there from about 1000-1500B.

it's a good tool shop they only stock power tools and welders and stuff like.

Thank you

The model called the Leader 400 would probably suit your needs, but from my experience starter chargers are not that a cheap an item.

I was going for it's big brother the dynamic 520 at 18,500B for staring my boats, but ended up buying 10 metre jumper cables (I made out of welding cables) and jump power from boat to boat when needed.

Thanks for the info PT

My problem is not using the Pick up often enough and it is stood for days sometimes, especially when i,m back home.

I arrange for it to be turned over and left running but it still seems to run down very quickish.

I try to do like wise every 4th day, when i remember to, that is.

I,ll seek the Leader 400 out at my local supplier when i go into town as i am not in Pattaya.

I have to buy a new battery every second year as per recommendation from the local garage and friends.

Much appreciated information.

Edited by sheff_mick

• 1 month later...

Thank you

I have run myself ragged looking for a 1/2 to 2 amp 12 volt trickle charger that works on 220. Do you suppose that this shop is the place to look? I looked for the Telwin shop but cannot find it? What am I missing?

• 4 months later...

I puchased a portable 6 volt - 12 volt battery charger from eBayuk.com for around 16 GBP'S. It's magnificent it charges both car and motorcycle batteries. The only downfall was that I had to pay almost 800 ฿ import taxes. I wouldn't be without this little mite.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought one from Home Pro that charges 12v and 24v. Very small and easy to haul around. Have to wait for the "promotions" though which happen fairly regularly.

Telwin "Nevada 15" for B3300 with 1 year warranty which nobody will ever honour