What is the draw of Thermae

I am always amazed. Last night, even though there was no booze being sold, there were about 30 girls waiting to get in before it opened.

What is the difference for guys and gals that attracts people there?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

The lure of Thermae vanished 15-20 years ago when it became a Jap Trap. In the early and mid-90s it was pure, cheap, anything goes FUN...especially after 0200 when Soi Cowboy closed. It was the Mos Eisley Cantina of freelance BangkokGood times...DAMN good times. :coffee1:

Ditto on that.....

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Old Thermaes was a legend.

New one....not so much.

Things change , old places wither , new ones spring up.

There was an alternative to Thermaes back then on Phetburi Road. I think it was called thoulde Siam hotel ( so long ago I forget ). When all the massage parlors that then lined Phetburi closed a lot of the girls would go to the hotels coffee shop looking for business. Lots of street walkers on the pavement outside for drive through customers.

Hit that place a few times back then. A good option inside and out. Tho rather not much else along Petchaburi Rd, unlike Suk. 

• Confused 1

the spot y'all talking about is not Thermaes. It's (or at least used to be) the Constellation, a coffee shop. Thermaes is the massage parlor above. I haven't been there since the 90's. The entrance used to be through the toilets in back. Best after-hours pickup spot in the town.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Puccini said:

What is your Thermae and where in the world or in Thailand is it?

😀 For 20 years - Beach Club in Kuala Lumpur. 

Sadly now closed, due to tough times of the pandemic. 

This was the ultimate freelancer bar, with great food and live bands.  Sharks in a tank behind the bar.  Girls dancing on tables in a packed floor. 

Good times. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The place is a joke 5,000 many asking for a date.  The girls usually go there and hope to find a guy prior to hitting the clubs. 95% Asian males looking mostly Koreans it appears to me.

Not my type place at all.  There are some You tube videos about it.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

The lure of Thermae vanished 15-20 years ago when it became a Jap Trap. In the early and mid-90s it was pure, cheap, anything goes FUN...especially after 0200 when Soi Cowboy closed. It was the Mos Eisley Cantina of freelance BangkokGood times...DAMN good times. :coffee1:

I arrived here in the mid-eighties, and it was really hopping.  A great place.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, lou norman said:

the spot y'all talking about is not Thermaes. It's (or at least used to be) the Constellation, a coffee shop. Thermaes is the massage parlor above. I haven't been there since the 90's. The entrance used to be through the toilets in back. Best after-hours pickup spot in the town.

Technically correct, but absolutely everyone referred to the coffee shop as "Thermae" as well. In any case, that original building was torn down decades ago.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The place is a joke 5,000 many asking for a date.  The girls usually go there and hope to find a guy prior to hitting the clubs. 95% Asian males looking mostly Koreans it appears to me.

Not my type place at all.  There are some You tube videos about it.

You Tube. Right. But there are 95% asian males. The girls however dont go there prior to hitting the clubs because there isnt any market in the clubs. They work even after closing. And when Thermae closes, you can pick one up outside as long as you are savvy enough to cull out the passable ladyboys (not allowed in bar though). And they dont ask 5,000 for a date.

I daresay you have never been there.

32 minutes ago, oobar said:

I arrived here in the mid-eighties, and it was really hopping.  A great place.

It used to have more of a party atmosphere. Its more staind now, but so am I. I was smashing 18 year olds there 30 years ago with a bellyfull a booze, now 30 years later Im still smashing 18 year olds out of there, but now Im sober. Time marches on.

25 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Technically correct, but absolutely everyone referred to the coffee shop as "Thermae" as well. In any case, that original building was torn down decades ago.

30ish years as I recall, but when I go there next month Ill ask the Boss if he is there. For those of you who recall the place but havent been there in years, yes he is still there, in ill health a bit and always behind the desk, but he still comes in a few days a week.

Edited by Yagoda
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here is a blast from the past.

Anyone ever been to Woodstock, used to be in the top corner of Nana?

How about Tahitian Queen in Pattaya?

• Like 1

There should be a hundred freelance bars like it. The question is not what is the draw. The question is why there are so few. It is so cool.

The fascinating thing about the place, is that the top 25% of the gals there on a busy night, will not even talk to a Westerner. I have inquired about that. They much prefer Japanese and Korean men. 

1. We take too long and chew up too much of their time. 

2. We are larger. Too much wear and tear. 

3. We generally are not willing to pay as much. 

Three strikes and you are out! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1