Samui Blues

nice open bar,music most nights very expensive drinks,paying for the music i suppose.if you are here on a sunday check out the secret garden in bangrak from 4pm usually have a few bands on.dont think there will be anything remotely in competition with blues factory.check out the 2 go go bars in chaweng pathetic is a word that springs to mind!

It's a great place D. Maybe a tad commercial but good venue all the same. They recently had a big blues 'festival' (was it Dec?). BTW, between Thai Visa posting, holidays, Bike Touring etc, when are you at your own Blues Factory??? I want your job... :D I'll be in Samui next weds meself...working :o

Edited by bahtandsold

It's a great place D. Maybe a tad commercial but good venue all the same. They recently had a big blues 'festival' (was it Dec?). BTW, between Thai Visa posting, holidays, Bike Touring etc, when are you at your own Blues Factory??? I want your job...  :D  I'll be in Samui next weds meself...working  :o

mcdonalds is a tad commercial and a coke aint 90bht !

Dave go to the Brazilian Restaurant/bar complex south of Chaweng...great caipirrinhas and beautiful dancers....The Secret Garden has been having sunday jams since I can remember, some top notch visiting and local musicians play there, absolutely worth the visit...in the northern part of the Island around Maenam....Enjoy! :o

Dave,

Zico's, the Brazilian place in Chaweng is very good indeed. Outstanding food, good music and fantastic danseuses (that may be French for dancers!)

Coco is too loud in my opinion, you'll have to shout to each other. Oh yeah, it's a bit pricey as well.

Secret Garden is a great place to be. Every sunday, in Bang Rak (not in Maenam). Every cab driver will know where it is (safest way to get there if you wanna fill up). Starts around 16.00 finishes way after dark................. by the time you hit Chaweng, even the two gogo's may have gained some interest level.

Edited by limbos

Dave go to the Brazilian Restaurant/bar complex south of Chaweng...great caipirrinhas and beautiful dancers....The Secret Garden has been having sunday jams since I can remember, some top notch visiting and local musicians play there, absolutely worth the visit...in the northern part of the Island around Maenam....Enjoy!  :o

Bang Rak is not that close to Maenam - it's nearer Bophut and between There and Big Buddha.