Buying A Used Import

I'm thinking of coping a Maserati GT Coupe, probably 2004-2005. I imagine the warranty is already up since its not mentioned in any of the advertisements. So where does that leave the owner? I am not a car guy. I don't know how likely it is that you'll need a part thats not available here, or if the mechanics here can handle it. Do these companies keep repair shops that will service cars (for a fee) even after the warranty is up or are they only for cars under warranty? I realize that its an expensive proposition to drive a car like this in Thailand, but you only live once... I realize the dealers can answer these questions themselves, but I'd rather have more information going in/first hand experiences. Thx.

I'm thinking of coping a Maserati GT Coupe, probably 2004-2005. I imagine the warranty is already up since its not mentioned in any of the advertisements. So where does that leave the owner? I am not a car guy. I don't know how likely it is that you'll need a part thats not available here, or if the mechanics here can handle it. Do these companies keep repair shops that will service cars (for a fee) even after the warranty is up or are they only for cars under warranty? I realize that its an expensive proposition to drive a car like this in Thailand, but you only live once... I realize the dealers can answer these questions themselves, but I'd rather have more information going in/first hand experiences. Thx.

In Bangkok, Ferma Motors. Authorised Ferrari and Maserati dealer for some years, and have delivered quiet a few units.. But they just lost Ferrari to another Bangkok company, so check out how healthy they are.

I think Unity auto also has a Maserati computer.

Thanks. I think I am going to just get a Honda or Toyota for now and see just how much I like driving in Thailand, as opposed to getting my license and then dropping 4m baht on a ride.

4 m baht on the ride. Repairs and maintance a fortune.

Go to Honda if you like driving. Toyota if looking for a truck.