Schools In Chaiyaphum

Nana

Hi...hoping for some help and advice.

I am moving with my family from Bangkok up to Chaiyaphum. Have been there to see my wifes family on regular bases over the past few years. But as the school starts on friday the 15th of may. We haven't made a choice yet , where to enlist the kids. I have one 6 years old who will start at Baw 1, a 5 year old who will do the last year at preschool, and a 3 year old who also will attend preschool. After my research it boils down to two different options (since it is the only two schools I could find that would enlist my 3 year old). Looks like my first choice is a catolic school called Mari (possibly Mariah). And the second choice is a school called Sakrit. Both of them look nice, but the catolic one seems more professional to me. Have anyone on the board had any experience with these schools. Or any other school in Chaiyaphum for that matter.

Would also appreciate any info on houses for rent in or around Chaiyaphum. We are in the prosess of planning a house to build. But it will take a while before we start the actual building.

Best regards

Nana

my wife says they are both good but maybe mari has the edge.There are a couple of others one heading towards tad-ton called kanchana piset which is good and one called "anubaan chaiyaphum"near town centre.These are fee paying schools.There are other non fee paying schools too.

Edited by dee123

here is a second opinion from my wife's eldest daughter.......malee ubpatom is best fee paying school......and teaksaban 4 is a good non fee paying school where my step daughter attended,.....confused yet ?....I am :)

Thanks a lot.

We will be over again to take a second look on monday. But I guess it will be Malee or Mary or whatever. Your wife and daughters opinion made it a little easier for us. So hopefully now it's only to find somewhere to live left.

If you know of any houses or townhouses for rent, I would be more than happy if you could give me a hint.

Nana

็Hi.

Just an update. just rented a house 2km south of Chaiyaphum center, in a village called Mobaan Chalernsap.

3 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and livingroom. Fairly big patio. 5K a month. So far so good. So now it's only the headace of moving left. Hmmm....I just did....6 years ago. And that was only one floor down.

Nana

Oh well done,seems like you have got most of the move in order.My wife and I live in UK and we only go for short holidays as my wife elderley parents live in my wifes house at present.Again good luck!!

There are a couple of others one heading towards tad-ton called kanchana piset which is good ...

Kanchana Pisek is a school with a very good name with Thais, but it did not meat my expectations at all, when I evaluated it 3 years ago.

The school was founded 10 years ago to celebrate a coronation day of the king. There were several Kanchana-schools all over the country. They all hold very much to traditions. Teachers are very young and change very often. Many of them do not even terminate a one year contract. The school is too strictly 'traditional'. And with 'traditional' I mean: stop thinking - do what you are told and most of all: always stay in line...

Well - that was my impression after I visited the school three times. It was highly recommended to us by different Thais. But I would certainly not send my daughter there. It was 100% opposite of my idea of what a good school should be like.

Regards

Thedi

Update, my divorce was settled, (although not finalised). I now have a 1.6m baht house, (+improvements, +/- 250k). Going for a good offer.

Hi Nidge,

sorry to hear of your divorce,would your home be on the road to Bankwah(excuse spelling past Buddah) outta Chaiyaphum??

I'm trying picture where the estate is as I'm here.

Delboy

Hi Del, yes, it's on the Ban Khwao road, driving from town along the dual carriageway it's about 4km. Just before the road starts to climb you will see a newish development on the right. That's it.

Nidge

Hi Del, yes, it's on the Ban Khwao road, driving from town along the dual carriageway it's about 4km. Just before the road starts to climb you will see a newish development on the right. That's it.

Nidge

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the chat,was good to talk,I did drive down there and had alook.It does indeed look a very peaceful estate.

Good Luck with your house and for the future,I only wish I could have stayed.

One day,just need a little job to tick over,happy days.

delboy

Nana, i am hoping to finish my divorce in Chaiyaphum tomorrow. If so i will have a nearly new house for sale, 4km from the centre, fancy a bargain?

Nidge.

Hi Nidge.

We have already had contact through mail. Sent you a new one last evening. Really considering the house, but I need to sort out a few things first.

Cheers

All the kids in Mary Ubatam now. They all seem happy sow far. Only the 3 year old wasn't too happy when I tried to leave her there the first morning. But all smiles in the afternoon.

Thanks all for helping.

Cheers

Nana, i am hoping to finish my divorce in Chaiyaphum tomorrow. If so i will have a nearly new house for sale, 4km from the centre, fancy a bargain?

Nidge.

Hi Nidge.

We have already had contact through mail. Sent you a new one last evening. Really considering the house, but I need to sort out a few things first.

Cheers

Thanks Nana,

I'm going mountain biking for the weekend, i'll reply when i get back home Sunday night.

Nidge.