Need A 30 Day Extension

My 30 day tourist visa runs out on Monday 11th May, however i need to stay here for another 3 weeks what is my best option?

As i believe i can only get 14 days if i do an over the border visa run, is this true?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

You get 15 days doing a border run, but as it includes the last day of your existing permission to stay, it is effectively an extra 14 days.

Do you have a tourist visa or did you get 30 days on arrival without a visa?

fly to Phnom Phen , get a new 30 tourist visa when you get fly back ............... if you ever do ........just got back from Cambodia , its Fun ... better than Thailand in some ways .

flight are about 5500b return with air Asia , visa for Cambodia is $50

Phnom Phen is really good fun and cheap for everything :D:):D !!!!

fly to Phnom Phen , get a new 30 tourist visa when you get fly back ............... if you ever do ........just got back from Cambodia , its Fun ... better than Thailand in some ways .

flight are about 5500b return with air Asia , visa for Cambodia is $50

Phnom Phen is really good fun and cheap for everything :D:):D !!!!

you get a 30 day visa exempt stamp if you fly back from phnom penh, it is not a tourist visa which would give 60 days (though you can get one for free from phnom penh at the moment)

if you book in advance you can get much cheaper deals than 5500b return. for example right now go to PP 19th may(earliest departure with this price) and come back 23rd may 2050 baht(plus 100 baht for bags if you need one). just dont book one week before you have to go and you get good deals with them.

cambodia visa is $20, not $50

Edited by wtk

The only extension of a visa exempt entry (it is not a tourist visa) you can get is 7 days at immigration (1900 baht).

A border run will give you a 15 day visa exemt entry.

If you fly to anywhere and return you will get 30 days.

You get 15 days doing a border run, but as it includes the last day of your existing permission to stay, it is effectively an extra 14 days.

Do you have a tourist visa or did you get 30 days on arrival without a visa?

Sorry i got 30 days on arrival without a visa.

Basically ive a job interview in Rayong on the 13th May where if i get the job the company will be getting me a work visa, but if i dont get it i have no need to go back to England until July 1st, hence its about 7 weeks.

Flying to Phnom Penh seems extravagent for 30 days, is there no border that will issue 30 days.

Pity as i'm a self rated quality tourist.

only at an airport wil you get 30 days when you cross the order.

Best option for you seems to be going to Viantianne, Laos and ask for a double entry visa. Thsi will give you 2 times 60 days, and each 60 day can be etended by 30 days.

In case you do get the job it will be possible to onvert from a touist visa to a non-immigrant B visa, for which you need at least 21 days left on your permission to stay. If you don't get the job you will be good till you go home.

Tourist visas are free until June 4th. Extensions are not free and cost 1,900 baht

only at an airport wil you get 30 days when you cross the order.

Best option for you seems to be going to Viantianne, Laos and ask for a double entry visa. Thsi will give you 2 times 60 days, and each 60 day can be etended by 30 days.

In case you do get the job it will be possible to onvert from a touist visa to a non-immigrant B visa, for which you need at least 21 days left on your permission to stay. If you don't get the job you will be good till you go home.

Tourist visas are free until June 4th. Extensions are not free and cost 1,900 baht

Cheers for the info, can you confirm the place where i can get a 7 day extension and can it be done this coming Monday ie on the day my 30 days expires.

I may go to Pattaya to get this done as the interviews in Rayong on Wednesday.

Cheers for the info, can you confirm the place where i can get a 7 day extension and can it be done this coming Monday ie on the day my 30 days expires.

I may go to Pattaya to get this done as the interviews in Rayong on Wednesday.

Bangkok immigration will be open on Monday (posted on werbsite). They will be open until noon tomorrow for Tourist extension and re-entry permits only but they probably would do yours,

Not sure about Pattaya on Monday since it's a pulic haliday. We had a report that another immigration office will be closed on Monday.

You probably would be better off to make a border run and get a 15 day entry. That would give your more time to get things sorted out. You can only get one extension from immigration.