A.i.s.

I have made negative posts, about A.I.S many times.

They all seem, though, to "mysteriously" disappear .

Is that because they are a "sponsor", or because the company has someone with an "interest" in your board?

Far be it from me to, even, suggest that!

Today, yet again, though, they failed to provide a service (sorry we can not provide an Internet service) – please try later.

But at least, today, they acknowledged it - from my experience they do not, normally do that: Indeed will deny that there was ever a problem, until (In my case) I receive an sms, the next day, apologising for the problem that (of course) never existed, at the time!

Next up, though, if you use a separate SIM card, as I do, for web (via phone) will be the money they charge to (attempt) to complain.

Will it be refunded?

Big joke!

They have "emptied" 3 (yes three) 300 Baht "top ups" PLUS one for 100 Baht, only calling them to complain (In the last 6 weeks), but REFUSED to provide me with a detailed "breakdown" of my calls – I think that I may have made calls (to others) equalling "approximately" only 70 Baht.

In addition, they have "emptied" my "web" Simcard, on many occasions.

I, normally, buy 4 x 300 Baht cards (for a monthly charge of 1058/1068 Baht) - and have done for nearly 3 years, but the residue, somehow, just disappears!

Sheesh.

Who do these people think they are?

No doubt this will disappear again, or someone may "fill me in" (maybe by P.M).

This time, though, I have copied my post, so it cannot (ever) be denied that it was ever posted!

I would add that I suffered three disconnections attempting to post this!!

:)

Edited by Yaaklenmai

Also, why is it that when I use A.I.S, as a "header" it appears as A.I.s.

The first time it happened I thought that it MUST be MY mistake - Now I am not so sure!

It has, also, taken a further three (yes three) attempts for me to post this p.s., because of Internet disconnections!

Edited by Yaaklenmai

I have noticed the capital letter problem in the thread title with threads that had nothing to do with AIS. Don't be so paranoid.

As far as Thai Visa "protecting them" goes. You obviously do not know the laws on libel in Thailand. I have seen them and I am surprised that Thai Visa allows ANY posts that are critical of ANY business, because the laws against this are very strong.

I have noticed the capital letter problem in the thread title with threads that had nothing to do with AIS. Don't be so paranoid.

As far as Thai Visa "protecting them" goes. You obviously do not know the laws on libel in Thailand. I have seen them and I am surprised that Thai Visa allows ANY posts that are critical of ANY business, because the laws against this are very strong.

Thats fair and I for one will take that onboard but I do hope this is applied evenly to non-sponsors.

Even stranger is that none of your negative topics have been deleted but you do seem to insist on posting the exact same thread across multiple forums. This is, in fact, frowned upon. Please do not post the same thing in several different forums, thanks

Just this week I have moved from them to DTAC, same story, my top ups going west for no reason. I sat in my room while successive SMS's arrived from them, balance low, balance low, you have insufficient fund to make the call.. I wasn't using the phone, never do, except to call one number DTAC. Call center says there was an SMS service that had attached itself to my number and it was 'pay per message', my phone doesn't read Thai, so I doubt I could have subscribed to it, Im not some dotting old git who doesnt know how to drive his own phone. But alas 450bht recharge went west and so did my business for them.. after they said 'We've tried to cancel it for you, recharge and find out.....ahhh.. nope!' Something is not right in their system for sure.

Oz

I thought I had the same problem with my baht disappearing from my phone, until I noticed this: If your phone has programs or does ANYTHING other than Call/SMS you will be charged for it as if you were using GPRS/EDGE. This holds true for both AIS and DTAC (and TRUE? I never used it). I found this out rather quickly using my G1 here (a very communications/internet intensive phone).

Even if you don't think your doing anything, you phone might be! Check and be sure.

One way to avoid said problems is to buy a monthly internet plan (usually 1000b/mo, and cheaper than ANY contract I've ever seen) and just pay for your call/sms time separate.

Edited by FarangLaoInter

I have used AIS since coming here years ago. Never had money disappear from my account. Check which tariff you are on. That may account for the lack of credit ?

Like you yesterday I could not access the internet through the EDGE modem I have.

OH DEAR, WHAT A PITY, NEVER MIND. By lunch time it was back. Wow I survived 4-5 hours without internet. Like most things here they go off occasionally. Electric, TV, Broadband, water the list goes on. I just either go to the beach or to the bar. Getting so wound up over very little will lead to an early grave. Chill my friend Chill :)

I have no need nor desire to use the internet on my phone, that's what I have a PC for, I have a pre paid card, no plan, no internet, no extras. My wife uses exactly the same model phone as I do, she doesn't get ripped off by DTAC, I do by AIS.... not real rocket science.

I've been with AIS for around 7/8 years with not a single problem. Always impressed with the level of service from their staff when I have to call them.

Same here, good service, englisch spoken, never need to wait in the shop, can do things usually without a glitch, took a while to get there though, in the beginning it wasn't that easy.

Only problem is they ditched the reserved parking space in most shopping malls