Girl Motorcycle Gangs In Chiang Mai

WinnieTheKhwai

Last week I was in this bar and got talking to a Canadian guy.

He mentioned that girl motorcycle gangs were a growing social problem in Thailand. He said that increasingly, young women in Thailand were not going on the backs of the lads' bikes in Thailand, but going around in big packs on their own and making their own entertainment, having become dissatisfied with simply being an accessory at the mercy of the lads' whims.

But when I asked him a few more questions about all this, he suddenly went quiet, finished his drink, and left rather abruptly, as if he had already given away too much.

Does anyone know where I would be likely to find girl motorcycle gangs in Chiang Mai? What are the chances of a 47 year old guy from Worthing getting entangled in their web of motorcycle daredevilry, alcopops, illicit drugs, and casual sex?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If you see them try calling "Chennie Chennie" (Spelling?) that should get some attention :D

Chanee, you mean? ( ชะนี ) That's not very nice... :D

I did see a couple of Thai biker girls all dressed up like hells angels with a big motorbike opposite the Rydges Hotel a few months back. Must admit they didn't look like your average Thai girls, both pretty girls but not the type you would mess with.

That Russ Meyer film Faster Pussycat Kill, Kill springs to mind :)

Have seen a gang of girl bikers riding pink 'finos' ane wearing black mini skirts and white skin tight tops and I think they call themselves 'the pinguin gang'.

Do be careful of them.....they attack old falangs in the parking lot at carrefore.

Have seen a gang of girl bikers riding pink 'finos' ane wearing black mini skirts and white skin tight tops and I think they call themselves 'the pinguin gang'.

Do be careful of them.....they attack old falangs in the parking lot at carrefore.

Can you be a bit more specific ?

Like as in what time do these chicks hang about at Carrefour.

I don't want to be sitting around waiting :)

In the dark corners, they lurk and one entices you into the dark while another hits you over the head with her purse then if you don't cry 'help rape' loud enough, you're one raped old falang. Nasty little pinguins.......

If you see them try calling "Chennie Chennie" (Spelling?) that should get some attention :D

Chanee, you mean? ( ชะนี ) That's not very nice... :D

I did see a couple of Thai biker girls all dressed up like hells angels with a big motorbike opposite the Rydges Hotel a few months back. Must admit they didn't look like your average Thai girls, both pretty girls but not the type you would mess with.

That Russ Meyer film Faster Pussycat Kill, Kill springs to mind :)

Imagine suffering such a terrible fate by being overpowered by pretty young girls in an orgy of lust and violence.

However bad it is, that’s the way I would prefer to go.

It means gibbon. (a type of monkey).

Their call sounds like a repeated 'phua phua phua' which is Thai for 'man', 'husband'. So, it's used for women who are overly slutty in throwing themselves at men.

Frankly I see it used mostly for ladyboys displaying the same trait, but I suppose you could use it with women too.

Either way it's not very nice! Be careful with it even in jest. :)

Their call sounds like a repeated 'phua phua phua' which is Thai for 'man', 'husband'. So, it's used for women who are overly slutty in throwing themselves at men.

Frankly I see it used mostly for ladyboys displaying the same trait, but I suppose you could use it with women too.

Indeed....... :D

Its used by Gay Thai guys (and katoey) as slang referring to straight girls. Usually for the more dizzie type girls who chatter a lot (again like the gibbon) rather than out and out slut, but basically the same thing.

Wiinnie's caution is wise, a katoey calling another thai would probably get laughed at. A farang trying it in a bar on Loy Kroh would earn a slap in the face........

Indeed....... :D

Its used by Gay Thai guys (and katoey) as slang referring to straight girls. Usually for the more dizzie type girls who chatter a lot (again like the gibbon) rather than out and out slut, but basically the same thing.

Wiinnie's caution is wise, a katoey calling another thai would probably get laughed at. A farang trying it in a bar on Loy Kroh would earn a slap in the face........

i learned something here today . now that i know maybe i will hear this being used and understand what is going on ...maybe...

• 2 months later...

I met a 14 year old girl in Bangkok who was driving a 750cc suzuki sportbike... she had a black leather jacket on with something written on the back, don't know what it said. She could barely touch the floor, when she stopped she had to lean off the side to put her foot down. Think she was part of a gang, but she had no idea how to ride... looked so strange seeing her on that bike it was way too big for her, and she was riding it on the road like it was normal! Thailand is crazy.

Edited by sprtbkr

Well I've now been hanging out in the Carrefour parking lot for an hour and a half and no sign so far. Are you sure about this JDG?

• 3 months later...