Credit Card

micky1965

i was reading on thai visa the other week that the goverment had told the banks to stop charging frulangs on any transaction they do .

having lived and worked in thailand now for ten years i have always been able to use my nationwide account in th uk from any atm machine for free . to my suprise i went to use it today monday in 3 differant banks and what comes up on the screen you will be charged 150 baht 3uk pounds do you want to carry on with this transaction ???????? lucky for me my building society in the uk doesn't charge me not like some other banks i know many banks in the good old usa do i think about 3usd now they will have another fee of just over 4 usd. so basically what the goverment told them to do they have done the opposite . has anyone else noticed this .thx

There has been another thread regarding this running last week.

The Kasikorn Bank does not charge this 150 bt fee. I used it a couple of times since someone pointed it out on Thai Visa last week and there is definately no 150 bt charge.

i was reading on thai visa the other week that the goverment had told the banks to stop charging frulangs on any transaction they do .

having lived and worked in thailand now for ten years i have always been able to use my nationwide account in th uk from any atm machine for free . to my suprise i went to use it today monday in 3 differant banks and what comes up on the screen you will be charged 150 baht 3uk pounds do you want to carry on with this transaction ???????? lucky for me my building society in the uk doesn't charge me not like some other banks i know many banks in the good old usa do i think about 3usd now they will have another fee of just over 4 usd. so basically what the goverment told them to do they have done the opposite . has anyone else noticed this .thx

Suggest that you take the time to read the long-running thread on ATM charges.

You will also be in for a shock to find that nationwide are starting to charge VISA transaction fee.

Also, I doubt that you actually mean "Credit" card - these are already charged at the UK end by ALL banks. I imagine that you have a VISA "Debit" card - Lucky you if you have a CIRRUS card, these are currently exempt from the new Nationwide charge (or rather passing on of VISA charge).

Sorry to be a bearer of bad new but:

• But as of this month the Nationwide are charging commission, raising to 1% next month on.
  • The Thai government has asked all banks to reduce the 150B charge, (not scrap it).

I understand there is one bank , the"Kasikorn Bank" not making this charge.

For what it is worth it seems that the Nationwide is still the best deal for UK citizens withdrawing money abroad.

Edit in:

seems there were 4 replies in the time it took me to write my bit.

Edited by Basil B

ive just been on the phone to my nationwide building society i aksed them will i get charged for using my dedit card in a atm they said no . so i don't know where you are getting your info from ...... thx for the kasikorn advise next vist down there

ive just been on the phone to my nationwide building society i aksed them will i get charged for using my dedit card in a atm they said no . so i don't know where you are getting your info from ...... thx for the kasikorn advise next vist down there

Depends if its Visa Debit Card, where you WILL get charged the fee, or if its a Cirrus Debit Card where you might not. I would call them again to clarify, if i were you. Plenty of people on plenty of other threads saying the exact opposite of what you are saying ( see attachment ...........straight from the horses mouth)

Penkoprod

post-40548-1242031991_thumb.jpg

Regarding the Nationwide query.

At the moment that is the correct answer they gave you but as from 1st June the charge will be .84% and from the 1st July it will be 1% of the transaction charged to all users of Nationwide Visa Debit Cards.

Check on their website it,s written in there.