Multiple Entry Visa For Over 60.

I hope someone can help me with my questions.

I want to stay in Thailand for a year ( or more ), but I do not have 800,000 baht in the bank for a retirement visa. I have enough money to live economically for a year.

I am confused as to which would be the best visa for me.

I know about tourist visa for 60 days with 30 day extension and I read about a non immgrant visa for 90 days. As a tourist over 60, would I qualify for a non immigrant 90 day multiple entry visa?

Secondly, with a multiple entry visa, how long can I be out of the country when doing a visa run? If possible, I'd like to be able to visit other countries for a while, without having to go through the hassle of getting a new visa every time.

Thanks for any help, or a pointer in the right direction to find the answers.

A multiple entry non-o would be the best visa you could get. It would alow you to leave and re-enter the country as many times as you want to getting a 90 day permit to stay each time.

You can stay out of the country as long a you want and re-enter the country as long as the visa is still valid when you enter.

How easy it will to get the multiple entry visa will depend upon which country you are in. If you are in the UK you could get it without any problem at the conulate in Hull.

The tourist visa option would restrict the amount of time you could be out of the country and the number of times you leave.

A multiple entry non-o would be the best visa you could get. It would alow you to leave and re-enter the country as many times as you want to getting a 90 day permit to stay each time.

You can stay out of the country as long a you want and re-enter the country as long as the visa is still valid when you enter.

How easy it will to get the multiple entry visa will depend upon which country you are in. If you are in the UK you could get it without any problem at the conulate in Hull.

The tourist visa option would restrict the amount of time you could be out of the country and the number of times you leave.

Thanks for that. I'm in London, so would prefer to use the embassy. Is that a problem?