Supernatural Thailand?

David006

My wife is a mine of personal experiences and strange stories re ghosts and goblins and things that go bump in the night in LOS. There have been several unexplained happenings during my time in LOS, both personal and by close friends /relatives so I am a believer ...not that that matters. I will share these for entertainment purposes only..LOL

I thought it might be fun to hear of others' stories/experiences ( those chemically or alcohol induced not excluded..TIT).

Any takers?? :)

rgds

david

I think Thailand is Magically real. That is the collective unconsciousness here wills supernatural events to occur. I have seen and experienced things in Thailand that defy explanation. I don't care to give specific examples but we are definitely not in Kansas anymore.

I guess I will add my own experience, not that it is terribly interesting.

Personally I am a non believer, so that made my situation worse.

For about 3 months after the death of my ex-wife' MiL the x refused to sleep unless I was awake and sitting on the end of the bed.

I would wait until she had been asleep for several hours and slowly rest my own head, however the slightest movement would see her awake and yelling at me to stay awake.

A trip to the toilet? forget it. Half way through a pee and she would be yelling at me to come back. How do you stop whilst in mid flow?

Anyway, it was all so irrational. Having to sit guard against the possibility of the MiL ghost appearing. Lets say the ghost did appear, <deleted> am I suposed to do about it?

:)

I'm not allowed to go for a hair-cut on Wednesdays :D

Perhaps one informed kind soul could explain which of the following I might cause should I get the last few hairs on my head re-adjusted on the above mentioned weekday :-

: Flood

: Fire

: Famine

: Plague

: Pestilence

Edited by LeungKen

Few years ago i was staying in a BKK Guest House with a GF.While sleeping she woke up abruptly out of a dream.She told me there were ghosts in the room,a young weird boy and an old lady.Actually i am not skeptical on the matter,i know some people are prone to these experiences.Anyway,some days later i was on an island,talking with an Italian couple about BKK GHs.When i told them my story and the name of the GH,the Italian lady turned pale,eyes like tennis balls,and told me she was staying in the same place for a night,and having the same scary nightmare. :) The Guest House was clean and the price convenient,but for some reason i would not like to sleep there,even if it is for free :D

hmm my family always says If you do not believe then you should not offend that ghost thingy. ... i have not seen one also not wish to see one.

something can not be explained sometimes.

I went to get some thai-massage, because of severe pain in my shoulder (old sports-injury - inflamed tendons)

After the massage the girl told me that the pain was due to ghosts inhabiting my body!!! And now she exorcised them, so now a lot of ghosts would be standing outside of her shop, not knowing where to go. I don't know if she later tried to guide these lost spirits on their way or what.

I think Thailand is Magically real. That is the collective unconsciousness here wills supernatural events to occur. I have seen and experienced things in Thailand that defy explanation. I don't care to give specific examples but we are definitely not in Kansas anymore.

:) I'm Laughing Wasabi but honestly couldn't agree with you more :D

Far from being as superstitious as the thais, I did have an "unusual" experience when I first moved into my apartment over 4 years ago.

When sleeping in the master bedroom, almost twice a week I would have the same, short dream. This repeated for a few months, although when I slept in the small bedroom on the other end of the apartment I never had a single incident of that recurring dream.

The dream was of a old aged thai couple, dressed in traditional thai clothes of long ago, they were living in a typical thai ‘shack’ near a khlong. I don't know how to explain it other than from the scene I saw they were deeply in love with one another, almost soul mates. Then the scene would segue to the thai woman sitting near a peculiar looking tree crying. It was this crying that always woke me from my dream, it being soo plaintive and soo loss stricken.

This repeated itself until I finally asked my maintenance person about any strange dreams or things. She said the land my apartment was on used to belong to an old thai couple and a khlong did indeed run right next to what is now my back yard. She said the old man died and the woman pined away for him every nite near the very old tree which upon my examination was the very one still standing in my yard, until finally the old lady died as well. The maintenance person said she died of a broken heart.

What shocked me was that I didn't tell the maintenance lady what my dream was about, only asked about 'strange dreams'; yet she filled in the details as if she'd seen it before as well.

Off I trudged to the local wat, spoke to a monk, burned some incense, and got the dirty mop string tied around my wrist to protect me. At his urging I made an offering to the spirit house in my yard, and also went and bought some of that red, yellow and green gauze they tie onto haunted trees here. About once a month I put a small flower wreath on the big old tree, just to be safe.

3 years on, never had the dream again.

I take most things like this with a grain of salt, but believe me, I believe.

A few years ago I was staying in a hotel in Khorat for one night with my then GF. I had a particularly bad dream.

I was walking up the steps of a BTS station, coming down was my ex-wife, avoided eye contact. Went to the ticket machine but didn't have any coins, so went to the change booth, working in the booth was my ex-wife (I only have 1 btw) got a ticket and walked to the barrier, the person stood there tasked with helping people was, you guessed it, my ex-wife. On the platform waiting for the train there were half a dozen people, all my ex wife. Remember the scene in The Matrix with the multiple Smiths in the corridor, well, that was what I was presented with when I got on the train, it was full to the brim with my ex-wife.

At this point I woke up screaming (a manly scream, not a girly one) shot out of bed and rushed to the only source of light which happened to be the bathroom. The floor was still wet, I skidded and nearly broke my neck. GF walks in, sees me spread out on the floor, just says "idiot" and went back to bed.

We related the story to the receptionist when we were checking out the following morning and she told us that the room we were in had a ghost, but it was a good ghost that wanted to help people and I would probably never give my ex a second thought again. You know what, I haven't.

We went back to the same hotel about a year later and the receptionist asked me if I would like a different room.

(edit, two dream stories being typed at the same time..... freaky)

Edited by Thaddeus

That sir is my pick for post of the week!

I would love to see a ghost, but sadly I have never, ever experienced anything close to a supernatural experience. My sister reckons that you have to be 'tuned' to the afterlife and if you have the attitude that there is no such thing, then ghosts will never appear.

Maybe she has a point.

At this point I woke up screaming (a manly scream, not a girly one) shot out of bed and rushed to the only source of light which happened to be the bathroom. The floor was still wet, I skidded and nearly broke my neck. GF walks in, sees me spread out on the floor, just says "idiot" and went back to bed.

:):D

Hilarious!

My old Mum taught me that its the 'living ' who hurt you, NOT the dead and she has seen many spirits(non alcoholic types).

Sorry, I am a non believer and have never dreamed of the ex-wife either (mine or Thad's) :)

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Here is primer on Thai ghosts that should put a little "light" on the subject!

Wow..I/we are not alone:

Here's a couple from last year..

I had just driven maybe 10 ks from the Wat where I had been attending the cremation of my wife's younger brother, he'd tragically died of Cancer. Had to go back without the wife as needed to feed the dogs..

I always drive with the windows down...well suddenly my drivers window closed!. I tried to opened it again suspecting electrical malfunction..went halfway down then closed again all on is own....tried again and no dice would not move. So reaction...... f..it bloody truck!. About another k or so further on a rock spat up from an oncoming truck and hit the forward part of the window frame with a whack like a bullet. Thereafter the window operates no problem....

So about a week later was telling my wife about this and she tells me her twin sister and friend are driving back home from the Wat same day,same road as me about an hour later, on separate motorcycles, the friend behind my sister in law... sil had her two kids riding pillion...well sil and friend both stop at some traffic lights and the friend says to sil. who was that guy you picked up that was riding on the carrier..and where is he now? She described the guy .......yes you guessed it...her deceased brother. All in broad daylight........

Here is primer on Thai ghosts that should put a little "light" on the subject!

Wow..I/we are not alone:

Here's a couple from last year..

I had just driven maybe 10 ks from the Wat where I had been attending the cremation of my wife's younger brother, he'd tragically died of Cancer. Had to go back without the wife as needed to feed the dogs..

I always drive with the windows down...well suddenly my drivers window closed!. I tried to opened it again suspecting electrical malfunction..went halfway down then closed again all on is own....tried again and no dice would not move. So reaction...... f..it bloody truck!. About another k or so further on a rock spat up from an oncoming truck and hit the forward part of the window frame with a whack like a bullet. Thereafter the window operates no problem....

So about a week later was telling my wife about this and she tells me her twin sister and friend are driving back home from the Wat same day,same road as me about an hour later, on separate motorcycles, the friend behind my sister in law... sil had her two kids riding pillion...well sil and friend both stop at some traffic lights and the friend says to sil. who was that guy you picked up that was riding on the carrier..and where is he now? She described the guy .......yes you guessed it...her deceased brother. All in broad daylight........

Have you got a D-Max? I'm having terrible trouble with the driver's side window!

Spooky by the way!

No its a trusty old Mazda B200... I think?

I have to open and shut the door all the time to make the thing work.

Here's a spooky story.

About five years ago staying on Koh Samet.

The wife is in bedroom, as usual being lazy. Now, she'd been on about Phi log or whatever for some of the day the mentalist.

So I creep into the other room and take the sheet off the bed, open and shut the bathroom door to make it seem I'm in there. Don the sheet over head, make spooky noise and float into the bedroom.

Sheer terror!!!

This was an attempt to show what nonsense it all was.

Didn't work.

I would love to see a ghost, but sadly I have never, ever experienced anything close to a supernatural experience. My sister reckons that you have to be 'tuned' to the afterlife and if you have the attitude that there is no such thing, then ghosts will never appear.

Maybe she has a point.

Totally agree ...my late father saw 'em all the time....at Coloden (spell?) field ( English Scottish battlefield) and even on board the sunken carrier monument in Hawaii..plus saw a crinoline dressed lady on a horse ride past the caravan window while he was doing the dishes someplace in Somerset.....

I've seen shapes in the dark in the UK and South Africa many a time..but on second looks they disipate....

Here's a spooky story.

About five years ago staying on Koh Samet.

The wife is in bedroom, as usual being lazy. Now, she'd been on about Phi log or whatever for some of the day the mentalist.

So I creep into the other room and take the sheet off the bed, open and shut the bathroom door to make it seem I'm in there. Don the sheet over head, make spooky noise and float into the bedroom.

Sheer terror!!!

This was an attempt to show what nonsense it all was.

Didn't work.

Don't tempt them spirits..LOL

Maybe she has a point.

Totally agree ...my late father saw 'em all the time....at Coloden (spell?) field ( English Scottish battlefield) and even on board the sunken carrier monument in Hawaii..plus saw a crinoline dressed lady on a horse ride past the caravan window while he was doing the dishes someplace in Somerset.....

I've seen shapes in the dark in the UK and South Africa many a time..but on second looks they disipate....

I originate from there. Trust me, that probably wasn't a ghost.

Maybe she has a point.

where from..SA?,

Could it a been the cane spirit or maybe the car wash boy? Yerra man...

Maybe she has a point.

where from..SA?,

Weston

super

Mare

dam_n

Awful

Junkie

hel_l hole

where from..SA?,

Weston

MMM ....went there swimming when I was a kid..remember seeing floating "bodies" reminiscent of "crunchie" bars and what were those clear balloons from...?

super

Mare

dam_n

Awful

Junkie

hel_l hole

Weird, my bf has a D-max and he always opens and shuts the door to make the window work, I thought it was because it's quite old :D:)

Weird, my bf has a D-max and he always opens and shuts the door to make the window work, I thought it was because it's quite old :D:)

mmmm food for thought and fodder a for a smutty repartee....gotta bite my lip on that one..LOL